Is the CAPM easier to take than the PMP exam?

Discussion in 'Other Project Management Courses' started by Jody Bates, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Jody Bates

Jody Bates Member

Although I would love to take the exam to be certified as a PMP, I don't think my credentials will be considered good enough. I am now looking into the possibility of taking the CAPM for certification. Is this exam easier or harder than PMP to pass (or to qualify for)? Is this CAPM certification useful for someone who regularly works on projects as a team member or leader? In other words, would this CAPM be considered a respected certification?

2. Earlene Caban

Earlene Caban Member

The CAPM exam is easier than the PMP because it follows more closely along with the PMBOK. This certification is designed for people starting out in business who want to pursue a job in project management, rather than someone with practical job experience as a project manager.

Here's how it breaks down:

CAPM exam - This exam focuses on PMBOK Guide.
    PMP - 32 % of the exam will cover the subjects from PMBOK Guide and ~ 68 % of questions will be about experience, ethics and professional responsibility. The questions in the PMP exam are based on real world scenarios for Project managers and intended to test your experience in applying best practices.

In other words, you would likely pass the CAPM from study of PMBOK alone. In that way, the CAPM will be easier.

3. Lorena

Lorena Member

If you don't have the 1500 hours of experience required, you will need at least 23 contact hours of education. This will e essential. Don't over look the value of actual real world experience though when taking this exam. It might not be as easy as you are thinking, even by comparison to PMP, if all you have is college.

4. Sanford Sacheverrel

You will have an easier time studying for and passing the CAPM exam than PMP exam. That's what everyone says in my group online. And, I really do believe that is true. However, that doesn't mean you should not prepare and study just as hard for CAPM as you would for PMP exam. Same subjects are covered on both, so you can't go wrong by being thorough in your studies.

5. KateRaven

KateRaven New Member

The Study Material is the most important aspect to determine the result you are going to get. Preparation is a must and should be done properly. For CAPM Practice Exam Questions, I would like to suggest you check out Test4Practice. There are many good reviews about the site and apparently, they let you pass in one attempt. CAPM Dumps Practice Test 2019 are not expensive either like at most of the other websites. The best thing is you can download the free demo, check it thoroughly and then decide to buy. And Of course, there is a 10% Discount on top of already affordable 2019 CAPM Practice Questions.

6. surbhi nahta

surbhi nahta Member

If you have the relevant experience then I would suggest that you should opt for CAPM. Otherwise you can go for PMP. If you want to do CAPM, just join an online course (for mandatory 23 contact hours) or join the best CAMP training in Pune.

The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Certification is an entry-level certification validated across industries and recognised globally for project practitioners, offered by Project Management Institute (PMI®). The CAPM® training workshop is intended for anyone with little or no project experience, equip fundamental knowledge and understanding required in leading and directing project teams and delivering project results within a constrained budget, time and scope agreed on.

The CAMP training in Pune gives an overview of core project management philosophies and knowledge of the five processes and ten knowledge areas. The five processes involves initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and completion and the ten knowledge areas include integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management as described in A Guide to Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK®).