JIRA Interface has changed - AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by Rakesh Deshpande, Apr 17, 2018.

?

Was this thread Helpful?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Rakesh Deshpande

Rakesh Deshpande Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

Hello,

It's observed that JIRA - The Atlassian's product is constantly changing it's UI and offering us greater amount of features like JIRA Confluence, Documentation etc.

Now the question is, How shall we proceed? - Note that, the new features are added only to help us and make our work easier and it doesn't nullify the previous version. If you're provided with 3 options.

1. Create / Explore a sample project.
    2. Create a Brand new project.
    3. Other Option.

We have to choose the Create a sample project -> Scrum Software Project.

Rest would remains the same as we have learnt. Please ensure that when we select the Option1 , a created sample project would appear with all the story points, stories created. We have to create a new project to proceed with our usual approach.

2. Patricia Tyre

Patricia Tyre Member

This is extremely frustrating. You training support does not align with the experience in JIRA.

3. Patrick King

Patrick King Customer
    Customer

Frustrating is putting it mildly, I put this off because the instructions and JIRA do not match at all. For example, I cannot add anybody to the project it tells me that "I can only add members who joined the site". Apparently neither Rakesh Deshpande or Patricia Tyre are members, so either I am doing it wrong or it is broken.

4. _30690

_30690 New Member

This is frustrating and confusing as the documentation Simplilearn provide to go along with the class does not correlate with the Jira application. Can you provide updated documentation please? I am new to Agile and completely lost in the process of completing the project.

_37401 likes this.
  5. _37401

_37401 Member

Fully agree 100%. Come on guys, sort this out.