Job outlook for EMC Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA)

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Evan Berry, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Evan Berry

Evan Berry Member

I want to know if there is any value in obtaining EMC Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA) certificatoin. Would this be a good career option? What can you tell me about the job duties of someone who has obtained the EMCDSA certification?

2. Stewart Kelly

Stewart Kelly Member

The EMCDSA certification will make you more employable with any large, international company. Your job outlook would be so much better than someone with only a college degree. This is true across a variety of industries, not just big data and has been my own experience when it comes to securing employment. Very likely your pay would be more than a non-certified individual too.

3. Rana Holen

Rana Holen Active Member

There's a huge market currently for the EMC data scientist associate and likely will be for many years to come, considering the ever expanding data banks online. And, if you want to know the job potential of the EMCDSA, you should check online at job aggregate sites such as Indeed that will list companies which are hiring data scientists/engineers (various job titles). These sites are the best source for information on job potential and job growth. Once you are in this industry, there doesn't seem to be a limit as to your upward career mobility.

4. Santanu_9

Santanu_9 Member
    Alumni

Hey, I have joined simplilearn community today to pursue the Data Scientist course...is that training enough for EMC data scientist associate certification? What are other well known certifications for Data Scientist?