June27th-28thBatch-QnA-ParagP

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Parag Pathare, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Parag Pathare

Parag Pathare Active Member
    Alumni

This thread is for the students of June 27th/28th batch of : Mastering SEO, Content Marketing, PPC & Digital
    Analytics conducted by trainer Parag P

Students, kindly post your queries here and i will try to respond to them asap.
    Happy Learning.

Regards,
    Parag Pathare (Simplilearn Faculty)

Kim Yupitun likes this.
  2. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag,

I look forward to interacting with you, and shall definitely ask you questions should I've any queries pertaining to the course, concepts, assignments, projects, etc.

Thanks

Shuvankar Roy

3. _6762

_6762 Member

Hi Parag. Great session! Thank you for patiently answering our questions during the session. I have a request which would greatly benefit a lot of students in this batch. I am a digital marketing consultant to a Swiss Consulting company and am tasked to create an SEO strategy proposal for them. I was wondering if you could share a real industry template for the same? Perhaps a sample would work fine as well.

4. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Thanks Shuvankar. Looking forward to assist you all as best as possible.
    regards,
    parag

5. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Thank you. Happy that it was enriching. Suggest look at these links to form your SEO strategy:

As requested, below are some links which can help to build your strategy report:
    Cheatsheets:
    https://neilpatel.com/blog/the-on-page-seo-cheat-sheet/
    https://kaiserthesage.com/inbound-marketing-cheat-sheets/
    https://searchengineland.com/2017-periodic-table-of-seo-factors-276790

SEO proposal templates (basic):
    https://www.pandadoc.com/seo-proposal-template/
    https://www.smartinsights.com/search-engine-optimisation-seo/seo-strategy/evaluate-seo-proposal/

regards,
    parag

6. _6762

_6762 Member

Thank you Parag!

7. _6762

_6762 Member

Thank you, Parag!
    The SEO proposal template from smart insights is available only to paid members.

8. Kim Yupitun

Kim Yupitun New Member

Thanks Parag for creating this.

9. Damini Shetty

Damini Shetty New Member

Got it! Looking forward to stay connected through this.

10. Shubhra Sharma

Shubhra Sharma New Member

Hi Parag ji,
    Please post the tools and other links that you had shared in today's session, also please share relevant video/ content on website building and hosting

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  11. Shameek Nag

Shameek Nag Member

Hello Sir,
    I have downloaded the recording but there is only Voice recording but there is no pdf file of the presentation. Could you kindly help on the same.

Regards,
    Shameek Nag

12. _6762

_6762 Member

Hi Parag,

Could you please advise me on how to create an advanced level SEO strategy proposal, say for a

a) a telecom company?
    b) financial institute like a bank?

The above template is great for creating a basic SEO strategy proposal but like you mentioned for big enterprises, these do not work.

If it is not possible to share a full-fledged sample/template, could you please guide stepwise on how to go about creating one (like audits to conduct, ALL areas which must be included in such proposals etc.)

Since advanced SEO is yet another module of this course, this question would be relevant for all students as well. Thanks again for your guidance.

Shuvankar Roy likes this.
  13. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Please see my response inline marked PP:

Hi Parag,

Could you please advise me on how to create an advanced level SEO strategy proposal, say for a

a) a telecom company?

PP: when you say a Telecom company, its an enterprise client. Certainly to do a proposal for this you need an Industry experience of both the domain and Digital Marketing. Only the combined know-how of both can help script a good proposal. Even before a proposal work starts, firstly it would be : Discovery phase (trying to understand the current state of the clients Digital Presence and what is the Biz stated scope of Digital Marketing. A complete study of products/services, how they are currently marketed need study before you can even think of writing a proposal of what can be done. So a detailed discovery of current state, need analysis and then capture all that under scope document for signoff.

b) financial institute like a bank?

PP: You need domain expertise as in a role of Business Analyst with the banking background and who then applies it to study the client in mind.
    Post the Biz Analyst gathering would be a round of session with a Digital MArketing Expert who can then find the gaps, areas of improvements, green-spots, sketch design/architecture of the to-be-done/implemented stage.

The above template is great for creating a basic SEO strategy proposal but like you mentioned for big enterprises, these do not work.

PP: no where you will find a enterprise digital proposal for free. It is clearly an effort of about 2 weeks on ground and i can say that having done loads and loads of global implementations on ground and need analysis/scoping does take time.
    It was not stated from your end at the onset that you are looking for proposal for an enterprise client which frankly is not within scope of simplilearn or even the faculty to provide. Do take note that a course will not make someone enabled to write a proposal for an enterprise. Totally wrong expectation.

So here i will try to use my industry experience and put a broader bullet format actions required to achieve a proposal for an enterprise client.
    - a domain expert business analyst
    - gather all the client touch-points with the organisation / be it sales / support
    - gather current state of digital marketing in the company
    - get biz to spell out the requirement of digital marketing which they see as lacking
    - people/biz owners / RACI matrix
    - current processes / operations / marketing Biz Processes
    (above all has nothing to do with Digital Marketing, but more of Scoping across any implementation and only someone with Projects Pre-sales, rollout will be able to break it down further.

On the digital marketing front, only these questions can be asked:
    - b2b or b2c biz focus?
    - complete analysis of each service and map the digital campaign types for each (email, giveaways, fb ads, google ads)
    - what tools and resources are in place currently within the organisation / new tools / transformation where required
    - scale of digital marketing required need derived based on total services, offers, customer volumes
    - what level of loyalty schemes are in place and how digital they are
    - calendar of current offline products/services marketing so that digital marketing calendar can be chalked out.
    - most importantly how good is the client good on content marketing? Are the current product offerings / branding carry that thrill effect? good on content which connects the audience or not. If not, change the tone to connect the existing marketing pitch to make it more enticing etc
    - huge time and effort need to allocated/invested into content marketing
    - digital and non-digital competitor analysis for the client so that the competitors weaknesses can be exploited or overtake competition where there is a high margin game

Hope these above bullets give some insight into the thinking required when you look at an enterprise level proposal planning and work. It could be easily a 1 month of work if there is a serious client at hand.

Parag
    -----------------------------------------

If it is not possible to share a full-fledged sample/template, could you please guide stepwise on how to go about creating one (like audits to conduct, ALL areas which must be included in such proposals etc.)

Since advanced SEO is yet another module of this course, this question would be relevant for all students as well. Thanks again for your guidance.[/QUOTE]

_6762 and Shuvankar Roy like this.
  14. _6762

_6762 Member

Hi Parag,

Thank you so much for the insightful response. It is really comprehensive!

Just a quick question. I am a bit confused on the role of the business analyst.

"- gather all the client touch-points with the organisation / be it sales/support
    - get biz to spell out the requirement of digital marketing which they see as lacking
    - people/biz owners / RACI matrix
    - current processes / operations / marketing Biz Processes
    (above all has nothing to do with Digital Marketing, but more of Scoping across any implementation and only someone with Projects Pre-sales, rollout will be able to break it down further."

Is the domain expert business analyst responsible for the above or something else?

In the past, at the discovery phase, I used to conduct meetings with representatives from each department- marketing, sales, analytics; understand the gaps, and then draft the project scope. I was wondering where does the business analyst fit in.

Thanks again for your advice.
    Reenu

15. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

Should I wish to be an SEO Freelancer for clients galore, say on Fiverr or Upwork, could you share with me the exact steps to carry out a certain project should it entail A to Z of SEO. I wish to practice this at the backend so that I don't go wrong. Moreover, from a theoretical angle, I've understood about SEO, but still unsure how to carry out SEO FOR A CLIENT (could be from any walk of life, any industry) from a practical standpoint. It'll be highly appreciated if you could share with me a Case Study(any), and keeping this in mind,

1) How would you in practicality(operationally), carry out an SEO for this client, STEPWISE (From the beginning till the end).
    2) Carry out an SEO Audit as well
    3) As a part of SEO, kindly provide us access to Google Ads Keyword Planner with a STEPWISE understanding of it.

I'm quite a newbie hence I would request you to explain as if you're teaching a person who has no knowledge. I tend to get confused really fast hence request you to keep it simple too.

I shall wait for you to write back addressing both my questions

Regards

Shuvankar Roy

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Vanita Vazir likes this.
  16. Vanita Vazir

Vanita Vazir New Member

Hi Parag,

How are you?

When do you suggest we start with our projects and how to access the platforms?

Thank you,

Arohhi(Vanita) Vazir

17. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Hello Vanita,

I have asked Simplilearn team yesterday about Stukent and plus any possibility of an additional day extension so that it gives good time to cover the topics with examples. I am doing a short write-up on wordpress and will try to cover about 10 mins of it quickly during our upcoming session.
    As for projects, strongly suggest everyone commence with reading about the first 4 projects under ASSESSMENT as they cover the topics we have touch upon so far.
    Project 1: Competitive Analysis and Keyword Research
    Project 2: Information Architecture
    Project 3 – Website Audit Documentation
    Project 4: Inbound Links

I am also awaiting better understanding on Projects but i do see other forum threads also have Projects being discussed. So, its also good to go through them. If you find any interesting ones, let me know and i can help further elaborate them.

regards,
    parag

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  18. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Hello Reenu,

The Business Analyst role as seen at Consulting organisations are those folks who have a good functional understanding of the business. They are the ones who sit with client and record the existing scenario and the to-be needs, gaps. Usually the Project Manager helps facilitate the engagements at the project level ensuring the good flow of all actions be it meetings with end-users, stakeholder meets, scope finalisation etc within define time-window and resources.
    It smaller scale projects it may happen that an expert juggles both the BA and Project responsibilities. Simple rule is the BA should be speaking end-users lingo which the PM may or may not understand.

So in our case-in-point, the BA need to have a fair understanding of Telecoms/Banking domain and Digital Marketing as well. Based on this and also guided by project architect/client need statement requirements gathering for Digital Marketing

regards,
    parag

Vanita Vazir and _6762 like this.
  19. Parag Pathare

Alumni

My pleasure Kim

20. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Thanks Damini
    rgds,p

21. Parag Pathare

Alumni

WORDPRESS:

Below are some of the best links to know more about WordPress as CMS and also as eCOMMERCE

1) What is Wordpress?
    a. The most dominant CMS (Content Management System) in the world.
    b. In the run to take this coveted position, it put behind some of the leading CMSes of past decade: Joomla & Drupal.

2) Why wordpress?
    a. The EASIEST CMS in the world.
    b. The MOST FUNCTIONALLY SCALABLE CMS in the world.
    c. The MOST COST EFFECTIVE CMS in the world.
    d. The CMS WHICH IS NOT GOING TO LOSE ITS GRIP for next 1-2 decades.
    e. Can be easily molded into an ecommerce platform via WooCommerce plugin

3) Where to get wordpress and which version to take:
    a. NEVER EVER START ON A BETA RELEASE OF A SOFTWARE.
    b. Always find the last stable release (ground rule for any software use. Unless you are part of the opted test guinea pig :) or you really need the new features in the BETA release
    c. Visit https://wordpress.org/news/category/releases/ to download your wordpress. Shy away from BETA downloads. The latest stable release is: 5.4.2

4) How to install Wordpress software for your domain?
    a. Download a File Transfer Program (FTP) – FileZila for windows 64 bit. https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=win64
    b. Please follow the below instruction sets to upload wordpress files via FTP: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-filezilla/
    c. Other links for WordPress installation Guide:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/how-to-install-wordpress/
    https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/how-to-install-wordpress-manually

5) Other great site to learn more about WordPress:
    a. https://www.wpbeginner.com/

Vanita Vazir and Kim Yupitun like this.
  22. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

Hope you're doing good!

I reckon you missed out on my question. SO, here's me asking you again.

Should I wish to be an SEO Freelancer for clients galore, say on Fiverr or Upwork, could you share with me the exact steps to carry out a certain project should it entail A to Z of SEO. I wish to practice this at the backend so that I don't go wrong. Moreover, from a theoretical angle, I've understood about SEO, but still unsure how to carry out SEO FOR A CLIENT (could be from any walk of life, any industry) from a practical standpoint. It'll be highly appreciated if you could share with me a Case Study(any), and keeping this in mind,

1) How would you in practicality(operationally), carry out an SEO for this client, STEPWISE (From the beginning till the end).
    2) Carry out an SEO Audit as well
    3) As a part of SEO, kindly provide us access to Google Ads Keyword Planner with a STEPWISE understanding of it.

I'm quite a newbie hence I would request you to explain as if you're teaching a person who has no knowledge. I tend to get confused really fast hence request you to keep it simple too.

I shall wait for you to write back addressing both my questions

Regards

Shuvankar Roy

23. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Dear all,
    Everyone is recommended to listen to this video which is on content tuning using a tool like SimilarContent.com. / Not promoting this tool to buy or so but the video does cover you a live demo of content analysis / difficulty and more...

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  24. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Broadly i have mentioned earlier on the planning process for an enterprise grade client. A lot goes into proper planning and as this is not a Project Management course, it is beyond the scope. From pure SEO, you need to have a checklist for the client SEO audit covering the following: 1) clients current digital presence - a website exists but looks bad on SEOQuake analysis lets say. 2) Has too many irrelevant backlinks 3) has no image alt-tags 4) has bad to no mobile design/responsiveness 5) digital tools used or not used by client 6) Does the website cover user engaging content / visually appealing - the Oomph factor 7) Performance of website 8) which underlying framework used 9) Depth of content 10) UI/UX - how many clicks can it take to achieve a order checkout 11) how good is the response with clients / is there a webchat 12) how good is the communication with user 13) competitor analysis.

25. Parag Pathare

Alumni

14) Social Media presence depending on B2B or B2C 15) Organic Lead Generation is important but its like waiting for Cows to Come Home. Thus for any festive seasons, client need to understand the need to burn for Ads. I understand almost 60-70% of Annual Biz sales can happen around Christmas. So client need to understand and accept it.

26. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

I truly appreciate you taking the time to address my question. The reason behind asking you is, I wish to subsequently work for a Digital Marketing Agency once I'm done with this course (Digital Marketing Specialist Masters Program by Simplilearn). However, If hired, and I'm required to carry out an SEO / SEO Audit for clients, run a Social Media campaign, carry out PPC's, create a Funnel, etc, I cannot tell my employer than Simplilearn didn't teach me. Also, before enrolling, I was told that this course will get me ready to work for an agency, be it a freelancer, work for a company as a Digital marketer, etc. Now, if I'm not aware of how to implement it in practicality, REAL-TIME, I might end up losing my job. I wasn't told this course will not delve into the details of every subject. I'm looking at learning everything about Digital Marketing and keeping this in mind, I went ahead with finding out about the best Institutes. Upon much research, I went ahead with Simplilearn, as I was told that each subject taught will be in-depth to make us ready for getting selected by companies/agencies.

Additionally, the below information was furnished before getting enrolled:

SIMPLILEARN Digital Marketing Specialist Masters program Learning path:

Course 1:Fundamentals of Marketing.

Course 2: Advanced Web Analytics.

Course 5: Advanced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Certification Program.

Course 6: Advanced Pay Per Click (PPC) Certification Program.

Course 7: Advanced Social Media Certification Program.

Electives are:

Kidly help me understand. Shall wait for you to write back.

Thanks

Shuvankar Roy

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  27. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Dear all, for the benefit of these who are new to website, wordpress, seo, i am creating a new website by saturday evening so that from sunday you all can access it and play around. It will have the necessary plugin for SEO optimisation etc and a good theme so that you understand how a good theme brings readymade value to a biz. Hope this helps all of you. thks.

Vanita Vazir, Kim Yupitun and _6762 like this.
  28. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Update:
    Dear students,
    Couple of updates:
    1) Kindly take note that stukent is not part of your course project submission.
    2) The project submission work is more relevant to the course now. You are requested to submit only 1 project. Kindly check the revised assessments under your course profiles.
    3) The project submission deadline is 18th July.
    4) All are requested to please do a blog for your own project work / SEO concepts like keywords, optimisation, content density. Please use SEOQuake chome extension (which is from SEMRUSH) to do your blog tuning. Please so share your blog in this forum for me to review it and guide you on any optimisation. You can always do your website as an in parallel activity but for project submission i just hope it doesn't delay your project certification.
    5) I will be aiming to catch-up on the course speed by this sunday.

Thank you.
    regards,
    parag

Vanita Vazir and _6762 like this.
  29. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Hello all,

Yes. I am done with the study of blogger.com, the good news is Blogger being a google platform is nicely gelling with google tools:
    1) GA code (google analytics) and you can be added
    2) sitemaps are auto generated
    3) google webmaster property can be added
    4) google Ads can be done on blogger created blog

I last night created smartsuburbs.blogspot.com (take note that your blog has main domain as blogspot.com and not blogger.com) and even did the first record using Clapboard platform of https://storyxpress.co/. Unfortunately the record didn't save. So redoing it today.

1) blogger.com sitemap
    Answered here with specific details.

You can not add sitemap in blogger. When you create a blog on Blogger.com. your sitemap will create automatically.

checkout: https://smartsuburbs.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml
    So as you add new blogs, the sitemap.xml will get auto updated and reflect your new blog posts.

2) So now simply register to google webmaster using your blog and add your blogpost url as a property to website. After adding property, you can submit the sitemap.xml

Submit this sitemap to the webmaster.
    (remember that when submitting sitemap.xml file to webmaster, you don't give the absolute path but relative path ie; only add sitemap.xml
    [​IMG]

3) Register to google analytics and then your blogpost related analytics can be tracked.

I will be doing a video for each of the above 3 steps by end today and share link of the same here as an addendum. Equally will aim to have the website done asap along with your userids.

Another thing left is the analysis of your 2 projects which i will also target to post in this thread.

regards,
    parag

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020 at 2:11 AM
    Vanita Vazir and Kim Yupitun like this.
  30. Parag Pathare

Alumni

How to create a Blogger Account for your project?
    Blogger account creation via your google email id allows you to create a blogpost with your choice of blog user name. In this video i have uploaded (url below)

https://creatives.smartsuburbs.in/file/blogger.webm

This video helps you to see the most important settings you need to do for your blogpost. Selecting a theme, enabling Robots etc etc.

As for sitemap, when you in the process of creating the blogpost, the sitemap is not generated instantly. Thus, in the video as you see i am unable to see the sitemap.xml to be submitted in Google Search Console. But just after an hour or so the sitemap.xml is ready at blogpost and so now again going to google search console and submitting it will work. You will see it as part of my second video.

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  31. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

Firstly, thanks for creating an educative and informative video for us, however, if look closely, there are certain areas in the video when you're elucidating on certain aspects and ways to do, where only your audio audible, whereas the Video stays static on the page. Request you to look into it once again and share it for the benefit of all of us.

32. Parag Pathare

Alumni

How to submit sitemap to your google search console?
    1) You can search for "google search console" or "google webmaster" and click sign-in. It uses your already logged in google account credentials to validate and logs in.
    See the video for next steps of how to add your blogpost property
    Hello Shuvan,

What happened is when i toggled to google webmaster, the recorder didn't pick it as earlier i commenced the recorder to pick my chrome process of blogger. So afterwards i realised when i saw the video that the portion of me shifting to google webmaster is only recorded as voice :) and not the screen capture. Don't worry. So the recording i will be loading shortly on google webmaster will cover that missed out portion fully.

rgds,p

33. Shameek Nag

Shameek Nag Member

Hi Parag,

Greeting of the day !

As discussed, you have created individual id's for blogger account. Could you pls let us know with the links and how to go forward.

Regards,
    Shameek Nag

34. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

Yeah, that sounds great. Keeping this in mind, I shall wait for you to share with us the recorded video.

35. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Hello All,

Here is the video which will show you creation of your very own blogspot (at blogger.com) and then successfully mapping it to google webmaster (also called Google Search Console). So in this video i stop at mapping of https://videomarketingpune.blogspot.com/ to google webmaster. At the end of this video clip i attempted to map or add this property to google analytics but the navigation has hindered it. I am sharing another video very soon which shows how https://videomarketingpune.blogspot.com/ will be added to google analytics.

https://storyxpress.co/video/kcdcv1oydn57dufxr

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  36. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Video demo on how to map your domain or your blogspot to google Web Analytics platform.

Eg blogspot taken for demo is https://videomarketingpune.blogspot.com/

So you will see couple of things:
    1) google web analytics new property addition (in this case your blog). (When you login, scroll down and see "admin" button at bottom right)
    2) generating the Google Analytics code (also called GA code), and
    3) mapping the GA code back to your blog

https://videomaker.ipsense.com/video/kcdcv1oydn57dufxr

You will be following the same exact flow to add your website to google web analytics.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020 at 2:24 AM
    Vanita Vazir likes this.
  37. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag, thanks profusely for creating separate videos to help us comprehend the assignment requirements. However, as per the assignment, the following questions aren't addressed, yet. Kindly help us in addressing it to fulfill the completion of the assignment:

Q1) SEO and Keyword Research:
    • Ensuring on-page and off-page optimization of the content
    • Defining SEO tags such as Title, Meta Description, H1 Tag, Image Alt Tags, etc. Conducting keyword research and analyzing the business site
    • Performing competitor analysis to finalize target keywords
    Q2) Analytics:
    Goals must be set along with UTM parameters which refer to the source, medium, and campaign.

Q3) Email Marketing:
    Marketing your products or services to the users via email for promoting and capturing leads (Which platform do we use?)

Q4) Competitor Analysis Tool (Free at few instances) – Spyfu, SEMRush, QuickSprout, Keyword competitor - How do we do this?

Q5) Reporting and Analysis:

Capture the following data using the Analytical tool within 30 days and share your insights by analyzing per your leads and goals.

Traffic Sources
    Conversions
    Lifetime Value
    Bounce Rate
    Affinity Categories (reach)
    Language
    New vs. Returning
    Devices

• Provide a link with the relevant UTM to your website in the email
    • Send the email to the maximum number of contacts
    It'll be highly appreciated if you could address the aforementioned queries(POINT-WISE), as this will also help us attempt the assignment, uninhibited, and bereft of any further questions.

Regards

Shuvankar Roy

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  38. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Th

Thanks Shuvankar. I anyway wanted to write down a brief synthesis on the project. The above helps me to write more about it.
    Please see my response below marked PP to your queries :

Q1) SEO and Keyword Research:
    • Ensuring on-page and off-page optimization of the content
    • Defining SEO tags such as Title, Meta Description, H1 Tag, Image Alt Tags, etc. Conducting keyword research and analyzing the business site
    • Performing competitor analysis to finalize target keywords
    PP: For this project, the first thing you need to do is identify your topic of choice and get doing with the blogger.com blogspot creation.
    Write atleast 3-4 articles / design pages using the free themes provided by blogger spot.
    Embed the articles with a nice sprinkle of images so that you have a content which is text + images.
    Ensure that you follow the ground rules of good page title, desc, meta desc and other content tuning.
    View your blog on mobile device and in content of pages, start with the image first as it connects with the audience and then have para of text.
    So an article is best to have 4-5 images and associated topic content surrounding the pic. eg; page https://smartsuburbs.in/digital-marketing-bundle-local-businesses-agency-pune/ . You may not achieve all the complex page designs in the examples shown but as mentioned, nice article, with good hook, sticky content.

Once done, then put your blog through a free SEO Audit tool checker like the chrome SEOquake tool from SEMRush to check your blog.
    This will do your on-page and 3rd bullet ie; SEO tags, image alt tags etc. Use Ubersuggest from Neil Patel for improving on the content via finding more keywords to go with your article and further enrich it.

For off-page, submit your blog to couple of free related forums, post on your fb page, tweet about it, send it via email to your friends and family and so forth. This achieves your off page activities.

For competitor analysis, find relevant competitors first and see how their page is done, what keywords they use and you will find what you have missed and enrich your article accordingly.

Q2) Analytics:
    Goals must be set along with UTM parameters which refer to the source, medium, and campaign.
    PP: Per my discussion with Simplilearn team, not every project part has to be supported by real practical. Some of these could also be the theory submission reflecting that you understand the topic.
    We briefly touched on Goal in the past week and we can revisit Goal setup quickly in google analytics. UTM (universal tag manager) can be put as a theoretical understanding of yours after coming weekend class. Universal Tag Manager tool is not part of this course.

Q3) Email Marketing:
    Marketing your products or services to the users via email for promoting and capturing leads (Which platform do we use?)
    PP: Email marketing is not part of this class i am taking. It is also confirmed with Simplilearn team.

Q4) Competitor Analysis Tool (Free at few instances) – Spyfu, SEMRush, QuickSprout, Keyword competitor - How do we do this?
    PP: Everyone can register for free at ubersuggest and SEMRush and use the freeium window to check your competitor for the keyword in your blogpost. This is going to be just your feel and i seriously doubt you can beat anyone having a serious website with a free blogger blogpost.
    So you can always try targeting your competitor and capture your screenshots, positioning etc in your project report.

Q5) Reporting and Analysis:
    PP: once you have added content and and mapped your blogspot to google web analytics and webmaster, submitted your sitemap, you will see google web analytics showing you some pattern relating to the dimensions and metrics of your traffic. You will have to generate traffic by asking your friends, families or students can visit each others blogpost to get some traffic and dimensions so that you can then reflect it in your project document by screenshots.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    parag

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  39. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Dear all,

I am today targeting to get the website bavdhan.in up which will be in wordpress and associated videos covering domain level DNS mapping, ftp upload of wordpress files, wordpress installation, theme installation. This will give you some idea about wordpress installation workflow.
    I will aim to have this along with your demo user login ids latest by tmrw. PLEASE SO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE FOR YOUR PROJECT SUBMISSION THOUGH. Its just a wordpress sandbox for you.
    regards,p

Vanita Vazir and ADARSH SM like this.
  40. ADARSH SM

ADARSH SM New Member

Hi, can somebody help me with the project I just uploaded a blog and also included sitemap in the google search console.
    https://publicspeeaking.blogspot.com/ this is the my project link can somebody please tell me what are the things I should do next.
    I am also not able to find the tracking ID in the google analytics please guide me through that too.
    Thank you

41. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

You're a life savior. As mentioned by you, we shall apply this in our project, and should there be any further questions pertaining to the assignment, I shall drop you a message.

Thanks

Shuvankar Roy

Kim Yupitun likes this.
  42. Kisna Remice

Kisna Remice Member

Hi Parag,

I need to do my project for this course however i cannot capture analytical data because my blog page will not be indexed by google. The blog was created on bloggers and i disabled robots.txt like our instructor said. When i click on "test live URL' it shows that the URL can be indexed but when i refresh the page it shows not indexed.

Please tell me how to work around this as i need the page to be indexed so i can collect data for the project. Do i need to create a new blog?

43. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

I'm unable to see this video of yours, as it states 502 Bad Gateway. Kindly help

44. Shuvankar Roy

Shuvankar Roy Member

Hi Parag

I'm unable to see this video of yours as well, as it states 502 Bad Gateway like the previous one. Kindly help.

Shuvankar

45. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Hello Kisna,

Not sure if i am contradicting with your trainer but if you have have some good self written content on your page, it should get indexed. Robots.txt even if doesn't exist the crawler should crawl your blog. So make sure sitemap.xml file is generated.
    Second, under google webmaster (search console) top left panel you will see "URL inspection", click that and submit the full path of your blog. This is the place where you ask google to please index my page/blog right now. So you don't wait for the crawler to come as with new blog it could take even way too long. The URL inspection helps you to get upto 10 blogs/pages checked and crawled instantaneously. If the page is good it will get indexed immediately.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020 at 3:18 AM
  46. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Thanks for highlighting Shuvan, please use the below link.

https://videomaker.ipsense.com/video/kcdcv1oydn57dufxr

(sorry: what happened is i have now used CNAME to get the software masked). Sorry for the inconvenience caused)

47. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  48. Parag Pathare

Alumni

Ok. The much promised wordpress playbox website bavdhan.in is up now. I have created "editor" role ids for all of the students on my class list and this will be patched in our chat during our session tmrw morning. The website design template/layout is yet to be applied (must happen by tmrw after which it added content will look like this demo link https://www.ait-themes.club/wordpress-themes/citadela-listing/). I am adding Premium SEO Pack wordpress plugin which can give you exposure to the depth of SEO plugin).

This would be purely for your play area and not to be part of your project submission. thks.

Vanita Vazir likes this.
  49. Shameek Nag

Shameek Nag Member

Hi Parag,

Could you again show us the Google Search Console part in blogger.com. Its not showing in the video that you have shared the link with us.

Regards,
    Shameek

50. _6762

_6762 Member

Hi Parag..I would like to do the project on a wordpress website. Could you recommend a resource that shows stepwise how to build a WordPress website please?