LSSBB Practice Test Question - A Black Belt would use non-parametric statistical methods when:

Discussion in 'Six Sigma' started by John Houser, Jan 27, 2016.

1. John Houser

John Houser Active Member
    Alumni

I read this answer straight from the ebook, so I am not sure how I missed this one.
    I included a snapshot of Page 116 from the ebook as well.

How can this not be (B)?

****************************** SAMPLE QUESTION *********************************

A Black Belt would use non-parametric statistical methods when:
    A) knowledge of the underlying distribution of the population is limited
    B) the measurement scale is either nominal or ordinal
    C) the statistical estimation is required to have higher assurance
    D) management requires substantial statistical analysis prior to implementation
    Correct Option: A

EXPLANATION

Answer: (a) While dealing with a variety of data, there might be a situation where the Black Belt would have limited understanding of the production.

Attached Files:

2. The Novice

The Novice Well-Known Member
    Alumni

This is content related to course material. As per my understanding, nominal or ordinal hardly matters for non parametric test.

3. Naresh Kumar_2

Naresh Kumar_2 E-learning professional
    Alumni

We apologize for inconvenience. We have made the corrections in the Test.

4. Jessica Seibel

The Full Length Simulation Test 4 on the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program still shows this incorrect answer. It's quite frustrating to pay for materials to study for an exam when the information is incorrect.

5. _19325

_19325 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, from my understanding, the answer could be both A and B:

Letter A because Parametric testing is reserved for data that is normally distributed and if Parametric testing is used on non-normal data your test could lead to wrong conclusions. The third bullet on the image states "not meeting assumptions of parametric tests" and one of the assumptions for parametric tests is that the data is normally distributed.

Letter B because Non-Parametric testing can use data that is measured on nominal or ordinal scale.

Since the answer could either be A or B I believe the most correct answer here is letter A.