MACHINE LEARNING | Aug 11 - Sep 8

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Priyanka_Mehta, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Priyanka_Mehta

Priyanka_Mehta Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hello All,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Let us have a discussion about the course, explore the course here and try to resolve all our queries related to the same.

Happy Learning!!

Regards,
    Priyanka
    GTA - Simplilearn

_36892 likes this.
  2. _20944

_20944 Member
    Alumni

Hello, In chapter 3 of the videos on Data pre-processing video, there is a code reference of Dim reduction....where will we obtain that code from ...It is mentioned in the video that it is available for our reference but in the downloads only the images for the dimensionality are available

3. _36892

_36892 Member

Hi ,

Sayan has provided Linear regression workbook for reference. It has some images which are not loading. Request you to provide image sources so that we can reffer it properly.

4. _20944

_20944 Member
    Alumni

Housing Price Prediction Project :
    I have performed the standardization of the training data after reading the housing csv file and splitting it from the original features data

I am getting a warning on the standardization output as :
    C:\Python\lib\site-packages\sklearn\preprocessing\data.py:586: DeprecationWarning: Passing 1d arrays as data is deprecated in 0.17 and will raise ValueError in 0.19. Reshape your data either using X.reshape(-1, 1) if your data has a single feature or X.reshape(1, -1) if it contains a single sample.
    warnings.warn(DEPRECATION_MSG_1D, DeprecationWarning)

When I am attempting the regression fit I am getting an error :
    ValueError: Found input variables with inconsistent numbers of samples: [1, 20640]

I tried reshaping the training data-set with
    X.reshape(-1, 1) and
    X.reshape(1,-1)

However the result is the same.
    X_train_std.shape
    (16512,)

Pl. help in moving this forward

5. _32918

_32918 Member

6. Vipin Narayane(3356)

Alumni

1. How to standardized the training and test data? any code sample?

2. After encoding ocean_proximity column , I had following colums with following values in dataframe

ocean_proximity , ocean_proximity_INLAND, ocean_proximity_ISLAND, ocean_proximity_NEAR BAY, ocean_proximity_NEAR OCEAN
    Near Bay , 0,0,1,0
    <1H OCEAN , 0,0,0,0
    INLAND , 1,0,0,0
    NEAR OCEAN, 0,0,0,1
    ISLAND, 0,1,0,0

The test and training data that I have prepared contains the above 5 columns. so when trying to fit the regressor on training data it gives error.
    So at this point I have to Prepare X and Y again. with x = feature colums excluding the ocean_proximity column and Y=median_house_value

Queries on above scenario:
    2A: In step 1,we already Extracted input(X) and output(Y) data from the data-set and not used it. So instead of creating it in step 1 can we create it here as we have now all numeric cols at this point(after encodeing the ocean_proximity )
    2B: When to do the feature analysis ?
    2C: Do we need to plot the graphs as well?

7. _32918

_32918 Member

Did you find out how to standardize the training & test data. Please share some code sample if availaible.

8. _32918

_32918 Member

Hi, Kindly check attached code snippet, due to standardizing of data predicted housing prices are coming to be negative.
    Kindly support in correcting it.

Attached Files:

9. _37394

_37394 Member

Hi

I raised a ticket with the Team on the same, i raised the ticket on 6th September and it is still not available.
    They said keep checking :(

I hope they upload soon, it is hampering my learning. As i have not touched the coding part by myself.

@Team can you please look at it ASAP.

10. _37394

_37394 Member

Hello,

I am still waiting for the code to be uploaded in the Download session. The codeswhich are mentioned and shown in the E LEARNING Videos. I find many people are facing the same issue.
    This is not helping my learning, as i am new to this domain and want the code to practice and understand.
    HELP!

11. K Manoj

K Manoj Moderator
    Staff Member Simplilearn Support