Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Natural Language Processing | Rahul Singh | March 06 - March 28 | 2021

_27067

Hi Learners,

This thread is for you to discuss the queries and concepts related to the Natural Language Processing course only.

# Google Drive Link :

Happy Learning !!

Regards,
Team Simplilearn
Hi,
I attended the first two live classes, both Saturday, March 6 and on Sunday, March 7.
I want to download the class recordings for review
Class 2 is available, but the recording for Class 1 is unavailable. When I hover my mouse over the icon it says "Missed Session". I did not miss the session. I was there.
I tried to use the Help but it was no help. The AI virtual assistant does not work and there seems to be no way to raise a ticket.
Can someone please respond?
Thanks
Mark

_27067

Two days. No reply? Simplilearn's live classes are great and the cost is very low for U.S. learners -- but your customer support in every class I have taken has been terrible. Looks like nothing has changed.

Hi,
I attended the first two live classes, both Saturday, March 6 and on Sunday, March 7.
I want to download the class recordings for review
Class 2 is available, but the recording for Class 1 is unavailable. When I hover my mouse over the icon it says "Missed Session". I did not miss the session. I was there.
I tried to use the Help but it was no help. The AI virtual assistant does not work and there seems to be no way to raise a ticket.
Can someone please respond?
Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,
I think the issue has been resolved for me. Kindly check yours again.

Joel_36

Hi Rahul, I have submitted NLP Project on 29 March 2021. But I have not received any Response from Simplilearn Team. I have raised ticket twice for it but I have not Received any response fron Team. My Ticket no is 00875853

Attachments

• TopicModellingProj.pdf
    93.3 KB · Views: 9

Rajath R Bagre

Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hi Rahul, I have submitted NLP Project on 29 March 2021. But I have not received any Response from Simplilearn Team. I have raised ticket twice for it but I have not Received any response fron Team. My Ticket no is 00875853
Hi Joel,
Please follow the steps below to submit the project in your LMS ;

>Login to LMS account, under the "Assessment" tab
>Select the project you want to work on and select the "submit" option at the bottom right corner of the
LMS portal.
>Attach pdf, doc, ppt, jpg, png format files in the one-word document by selecting "ADD" in all the
sections like writeup, screenshots, source code, and select "Submit".

Note: Do not use any special characters while submitting the project file to avoid uploading errors.

Please guide me on how to start with the following task given.
Note: the original file is actually in an xlsx format, I don't know why I'm not able to attach an excel file, so I just copied the text snippets from the excel file and pasted it in text doc

Task:

Develop a simple sentiment analyzer

Part 1

The task is to create code that is able to read a text snippet and identify the sentiment of the input text snippet based on a dictionary.

This dictionary needs to store 2 sets of words – words indicating positive sentiment (e.g., good, great, happy, etc) and the other set of words indicate negative sentiment (e.g., bad, angry, unhappy, sad, etc). You will need to build this dictionary and take care to see those simple transformations of words such as case changes or different noun or verb forms do not affect the functioning of your code. You may also extend the dictionary to include phrases or terms containing multiple words to make it more general.

In case the input text snippet includes both negative and positive words, you may count the number of positive and negative terms and give the snippet a sentiment score that ranges from -1 to 1. An example of such a function is given next:

Sentiment score =

(Number of positive words – number of negative words)

max{number of positive words, number of negative words}

A score close to 0 indicates a neutral statement; whereas a score close to 1 or -1 indicates a positive or negative sentiment respectively.

You may use the sample text snippets (attached) and dictionary links provided with this mail and extend them to make them more general. Feel free to think about other enhancements that will improve sentiment analyser and implement them. Remember, the idea is to be able to capture sentiments accurately for customer feedback or customer service comments

Part 2

Extend the code created in part 1 to read multiple text snippets (number may vary from 1 to a few thousand) and identify sentiments for each of those snippets based on the stored dictionary.

Note:

You can start with the dictionary based on the following links:

https://ptrckprry.com/course/ssd/data/positive-words.txt

https://ptrckprry.com/course/ssd/data/negative-words.txt

Thanks & Regards,
Manjari

Attachments

• sample text.txt
    880 bytes · Views: 0