Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

New PMP application fee with taxes

Hello,

My PMP application has been approved and now, I am planning to pay the fees.
But on PMI website at the time of check-out, I am seeing a tax component of ~$97.42 in addition to $544 (member) fee. To my understanding so far, total fees for the exam is $544 only. I need your suggestion whether this extra amount as 'taxes' is there by default or I need to recheck the way I am doing the payment.

Regards,

Rajat_Kumar

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
H
Hello,

My PMP application has been approved and now, I am planning to pay the fees.
But on PMI website at the time of check-out, I am seeing a tax component of ~$97.42 in addition to $544 (member) fee. To my understanding so far, total fees for the exam is $544 only. I need your suggestion whether this extra amount as 'taxes' is there by default or I need to recheck the way I am doing the payment.

Regards,
Hi Rohit,This should not be the case,They may have brought recent changes, Kindly connect with the PMI support on this, The team will be giving a better clarity on the same.

Hi,

I also have a similar query related to PMP exam fee. For members, the exam fee is 405$ and when I proceed towards making the payment there is an additional tax amount of 72.90$ added. Please help clarify the exact exam fee amount as this seems extra amount and no where is it mentioned that tax would be over and above the fee amount.
Thanks,
Sona

I wrote this to PMI and have received below response. Hope, this will help everyone who are looking for the clarification on new fee structure (application of taxes in India)

Response from PMI:

Thank you for contacting the Project Management Institute.
We have received your recent inquiry about tax being charged on orders with PMI.
Products sold by PMI may be subject to tax. PMI recently completed a review of needed financial processes earlier this year and are now required by tax authorities of certain regions to collect tax for our products and services. The amount of tax charged by PMI depends on many factors including, but not limited to, the type of product or service purchased and the customer's location. PMI is simply charging and collecting tax to as applicable and required by taxing authorities. The tax you see is accurate and applies to the payment.
If a tax exempt organization is paying for someone's exam too, then they could email exemptcustomersupport@pmi.org with documentation verifying tax exempt status and our team would help with that.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care as we are happy to help you.
Sincerely,
Richard C. - Customer Advocate Associate
Project Management Institute

Hi,

I also have a similar query related to PMP exam fee. For members, the exam fee is 405$ and when I proceed towards making the payment there is an additional tax amount of 72.90$ added. Please help clarify the exact exam fee amount as this seems extra amount and no where is it mentioned that tax would be over and above the fee amount.
Thanks,
Sona

Hello Sona,

Please check the response from PMI. Yes, taxes are now applicable over and above the exam fees.

Thanks,
Rohit

Thanks Rohit. In the meantime, I had also contacted PMI regarding the query and got the following response - which is quite similar (less elaborate though) to the response you got from them:

Thank you for contacting the Project Management Institute.
We receive your email regarding the exam fee payment.
I would like to share that the price listed on the website for exam fee or for membership or for courses are listed excluded taxes as there are different tax rules and policy which may vary country to country or state to state as well.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Care as we are happy to help you.
Pawan S - Customer Care
Project Management Institute

Thus, it seems that will have to pay over and above to the exam fee which was never mentioned earlier - neither on PMI's website nor by mentors during online classes! It would have been great to know about the tax component ahead rather than coming as a surprise at the time of payment.

Thanks,
Sona

tim jerome

Trainer
By sharing these recent changes, you're assisting in the communications. This is being added to the discussion.

There are LOTS of changes to the application process, and by continuing to contribute to the forum, all of us will be updated regularly.

Thanks much and regards,

tana monn

A pay stub is helpful for both employers and employees. Individuals can keep payroll receipts for records. When reviewing the payslip, they can check to see if the amounts listed are correct. Payroll stubs are also used as proof of income or employment. Employers, however, will need pay stubs to settle any problems with their employees and make sure there are no discrepancies. Human Resources and employers can also use pay stubs to fill out W2 forms for tax season. Your check stub https://www.thepaystubs.com/ is necessary when you need to make big purchases, such as a house or apartment. You will probably need to show several recent pay stubs and W2 forms if you have a pay stub. On the other hand, if you are self-employed, your tax returns may work, or you can try our payroll stub maker.

Last edited: