NYC 311 PROJECT

Discussion in 'Masters Program - Customers only' started by Barath Raj S N, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Barath Raj S N

This question is:
    Order the complaint types based on the average ‘Request_Closing_Time’, grouping them for different locations

I am trying to do this,
    df=dataframe.groupby(['Location Type','Complaint Type']).agg({'Request_Closing_Time':"mean"}),
    but this is showing me an error of this type," No numeric types to aggregate".
    And if i use this,
    df=dataframe.groupby(['Location Type','Complaint Type'])['Request_Closing_Time'].mean()
    but then to same error
    Can anyone just say how to find average of datetime datatype, I am struggling to get this

2. Ritwik Bijalwan

the syntax can be
    df=dataframe.groupby(['City','Complaint Type']).mean()['Request_Closing_Time']

Here location is not the attribute Location but the attribute City which represents different location for which service requests have been made

3. Barath Raj S N

Bro Thanks for your reply but i want to order the complaints based on average i obtain for the 'Request_Closing_Time' column,but since it is datetime datatype average of that column is not possible in dataframe, so if u know what can be done can just reply me.
    According to your syntax it is showing an error that "keyworderror: Request_Closing_Time".