Passed my PMP

Discussion in 'PMP' started by _49219, Jul 13, 2019.

1. _49219

_49219 Active Member

Hi,
    Passed my PMP this week on my first attempt and wanted to say thank you! @tim jerome thanks for answering all my questions!

The test isn’t easy but it definitely tests your knowledge and your decision making process accordingly.
    If you’re studying now, I can advise to make sure you practice situational questions. If you have a question where there is one obvious answer or even two to decide between, know that in the test it’s not that simple, there are many questions which have 3 or all 4 that seem right. You need to be able to take a deep breath, read the question a second time to make sure you read all the words and try to put the events in the most logical and correct order. Leave time for review! I had around 30 questions I marked for review and I ended up correcting a lot of those. Make sure when you do the mock exams that you really understand what in your thinking process was wrong, not only the right or wrong answer.

Happy to answer any questions.
    Thanks again!

Krishan Mohan Sharma likes this.
  2. AS12345

AS12345 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
    Are real time exam questions extraneous or similar to simulation tests?Unable to manage time.
    Regards
    Archana

3. _49219

_49219 Active Member

Hi,
    Real time exam questions I had were not long or had any difficult calculations. The time I used was to make sense of the questions and answers and make sure I understand what is being asked and what fits best.
    I won’t lie, time management was harder during real time exam vs. mock exams. If you’re practicing, make sure you don’t have water or food nearby, as in the real test you will have to exit the classroom to have it, same as the bathroom. What helped me is getting in the habit of reading every question twice, as an instinct, so I’m always double checking words I might have missed. I also started reading the answers from D to A and for some reason that really helps. The more mock exams and question practice you do, the better your chances are :)
    Good luck!

4. Prahlad_2

Prahlad_2 New Member

Congratulations on completion PMP!
    Can you please share your study plan? How long it take, how did you prepared yourself, what methodology you follow to remember process input/output and tools/technique?

Thanks!