PDU To Be Allocated for Other PMI Certifications‏

Discussion in 'Other Project Management Courses' started by Abdullah Alzaher(4246), Sep 1, 2015.

1. Abdullah Alzaher(4246)

Alumni

Greetings,

I have just finished the PMI-RMP course through simplilearn online offering and I already applied for the exam and assigned 30 PDU for Project Management Education needed for the exam. Am already a PMP and PMI-SP certified.

My inquiry concerning the PDU earned and how many points I can allocate for PMP and for PMI-SP in addition to the 30 PDU I need to apply for PMI-RMP.

Your response is highly appreciated.

2. Om Prakash Bang

Om Prakash Bang Well-Known Member
    Alumni

You have earned total 40 PDU (Category - A) as part of PMI-RMP course. PMI-RMP examination prerequisite is 30 hours of project risk management education. You can claim 30 hours as a project risk management education. You can also claim 40 PDUs for PMP (existing credential).

The learning activity of PMI-RMP does not align with PMI-SP activity, hence recommendation is not to use for PMI-SP.

You may claim PDUs (Category - F) earned as a professional in project management. PMP - 5 PDUs for 12 Months, PMI-SP 2.5 PDUs for 12 Months. You can also claim PDUs towards self-directed learning (Category-C). Following are the links.

CCRS User Guide: http://www.pmi.org/Help/ccrs_user/default.htm
    PDU Category Cap: https://www.pmi.org/Certification/~/media/PDF/Certifications/PDU-Category-Structure-6-pager-FINAL-Aug-2013.ashx

3. ASSIELOU Kacou Blaise

To claim the PDU after PMI-RMP course and certification with simplilearn, you go to the PMI PDU claiming page. You chose ''training and course'', after you enter ''simplilearn Solution'' and after the course name ''PMI-RMP certification training'', the distribution of the PDU will be automatically done. You will then after only have to validate.