Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PG FSD - Phase-3: Implement Frameworks the DevOps way JUN 2021 | Vinodh Mahendra | June 26 - July 11

Kevin Casey

Alumni
Hello class-mates,
I just wanted to share some links I am using to learn Spring so far.

Java Annotations for SPRING
:

JDBC Templates for SPRING:

Here's a nice 'GOOGLE DEFINITION' for what a DISPATCHER-SERVLET is:
"A DispatcherServlet acts as front controller for Spring based WEB applications.
It provides a "mechanism for request processing"... where actual work is performed by configurable, delegate components."

-- maybe you will find these of some help also. See you in class.

Last edited:

Rinaldo Ramos

Alumni
This is a video talking about the concepts of last weekend. I think it would be very useful for all of us. He also have a several other interesting videos. Hope it helps

Rakesh Madhavan

Alumni
Was anyone able to set up the project for phase 3 (E-commerce Website for Sporty Shoes)? After importing code into Eclipse and performing a Maven update, I see this error message:

Could not update project SportyShoes configuration
Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.WorkbenchComponent.findResourcesByRuntimePath(org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPath)" because "aComponent" is null

Also, I see that the project structure isn't correct. The sources root shows as 'src/main' and not as 'src/main/java'

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this?

Attachments

• sportyshoes_project_error.png
    sportyshoes_project_error.png
    15 KB · Views: 2

Kevin Casey

Alumni
Was anyone able to set up the project for phase 3 (E-commerce Website for Sporty Shoes)? After importing code into Eclipse and performing a Maven update, I see this error message:

Could not update project SportyShoes configuration
Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.WorkbenchComponent.findResourcesByRuntimePath(org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPath)" because "aComponent" is null

Also, I see that the project structure isn't correct. The sources root shows as 'src/main' and not as 'src/main/java'

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this?

Rakesh, I can't say that I have seen that error myself.

This is my first SimpliLearn class, and so I am unclear on the rules for assisting classmates when it comes to Graded 'Assessments'.

However - with that said.... GENERALLY SPEAKING "Of Course", try following the standard Eclipse project import procedures.

This has helped me with getting Imported Eclipse project to work, maybe it will help you too. :cool:

RESETTING YOUR IMPORTED PROJECT / WORKSPACE (Here's How)

*** CRITICAL - do the following (anytime you import an external ECLIPSE project)

1. Close eclipse.
  2. Navigate to your "workspace" folder
  3. Ensure the setting on your OS to view hidden files is turned on
  4. Identify and DELETE the (.settings) folder and the the (.metadata) directory
    (NOTE: Don't worry - these directories will be AUTO-RECREATED by eclipse)
  5. Restart eclipse
  6. Import your project --

*** ALSO CRITICAL - do the following whenever you import a MAVEN eclipse project
    1. Open your workspace in ECLIPSE (after performing the above procedure)
    2. Goto FILE --> IMPORT,
    3. In the 'Import' popup window, locate/expand the 'MAVEN' folder,
    (You Must Import it as a MAVEN PROJECT and ''NOT'' as a General Project!)
    4. select the 'Existing Maven Projects' --> Click NEXT
    5. Browse to the Folder for the Eclipse Project Folder (the one that contains your project(s)) you are importing. Select it
    6. Make sure you CHECK the boxes next to the INDIVIDUAL Project in the listing. Then Click FINISH.

----------------- I Hope This GENERAL INFO helps you move beyond your error , Good Luck-------------------------

Last edited:

Matthew R Kwiatkowski

Alumni

Rakesh, I can't say that I have seen that error myself.

This is my first SimpliLearn class, and so I am unclear on the rules for assisting classmates when it comes to Graded 'Assessments'.

However - with that said.... GENERALLY SPEAKING "Of Course", try following the standard Eclipse project import procedures.

This has helped me with getting Imported Eclipse project to work, maybe it will help you too. :cool:

RESETTING YOUR IMPORTED PROJECT / WORKSPACE (Here's How)

*** CRITICAL - do the following (anytime you import an external ECLIPSE project)

1. Close eclipse.
  2. Navigate to your "workspace" folder
  3. Ensure the setting on your OS to view hidden files is turned on
  4. Identify and DELETE the (.settings) folder and the the (.metadata) directory
    (NOTE: Don't worry - these directories will be AUTO-RECREATED by eclipse)
  5. Restart eclipse
  6. Import your project --

*** ALSO CRITICAL - do the following whenever you import a MAVEN eclipse project
    1. Open your workspace in ECLIPSE (after performing the above procedure)
    2. Goto FILE --> IMPORT,
    3. In the 'Import' popup window, locate/expand the 'MAVEN' folder,
    (You Must Import it as a MAVEN PROJECT and ''NOT'' as a General Project!)
    4. select the 'Existing Maven Projects' --> Click NEXT
    5. Browse to the Folder for the Eclipse Project Folder (the one that contains your project(s)) you are importing. Select it
    6. Make sure you CHECK the boxes next to the INDIVIDUAL Project in the listing. Then Click FINISH.

----------------- I Hope This GENERAL INFO helps you move beyond your error , Good Luck-------------------------

So close! :( Even when following your steps I still receive the following error.. 1626706377641.png

which results in

1626706416798.png

A quick refactor results in less errors
1626706602047.png

_56620

Alumni
The Assessment page only asks for building the Admin Function. Is that all we are expected to build or the fully website with purchasing experience as well?