Was anyone able to set up the project for phase 3 (E-commerce Website for Sporty Shoes)? After importing code into Eclipse and performing a Maven update, I see this error message:
Could not update project SportyShoes configuration
Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.WorkbenchComponent.findResourcesByRuntimePath(org.eclipse.core.runtime.IPath)" because "aComponent" is null
Also, I see that the project structure isn't correct. The sources root shows as 'src/main' and not as 'src/main/java'
Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this?
So close! Even when following your steps I still receive the following error..
Rakesh, I can't say that I have seen that error myself.
This is my first SimpliLearn class, and so I am unclear on the rules for assisting classmates when it comes to Graded 'Assessments'.
However - with that said.... GENERALLY SPEAKING "Of Course", try following the standard Eclipse project import procedures.
This has helped me with getting Imported Eclipse project to work, maybe it will help you too.
RESETTING YOUR IMPORTED PROJECT / WORKSPACE (Here's How)
*** CRITICAL - do the following (anytime you import an external ECLIPSE project)
- Close eclipse.
- Navigate to your "workspace" folder
- Ensure the setting on your OS to view hidden files is turned on
- Identify and DELETE the (.settings) folder and the the (.metadata) directory
(NOTE: Don't worry - these directories will be AUTO-RECREATED by eclipse)
- Restart eclipse
- Import your project --
*** ALSO CRITICAL - do the following whenever you import a MAVEN eclipse project
1. Open your workspace in ECLIPSE (after performing the above procedure)
2. Goto FILE --> IMPORT,
3. In the 'Import' popup window, locate/expand the 'MAVEN' folder,
(You Must Import it as a MAVEN PROJECT and ''NOT'' as a General Project!)
4. select the 'Existing Maven Projects' --> Click NEXT
5. Browse to the Folder for the Eclipse Project Folder (the one that contains your project(s)) you are importing. Select it
6. Make sure you CHECK the boxes next to the INDIVIDUAL Project in the listing. Then Click FINISH.
----------------- I Hope This GENERAL INFO helps you move beyond your error , Good Luck-------------------------