Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PGBA Business Analytics with Excel. Batch 6,7,13,14,20 Feb 2021

Hi Students,

I am creating this thread to respond to the queries of participants of this batch. Please post your queries here, I will try to resolve them.

I will be available on this thread till 28th Feb 2021.

Thanks
Prashant Lele

Last edited:

Adegboyega Adeniran

Alumni
Hi Prashant,
I've been practising on the charts workbook for Day 3 and i am having a lot of difficulties with the thermometer charts as well as the combobox. I made a mistake with one of the three combo boxes and i tried to delete that and create a new box, it didn't respond. I tried to delete the entire workbook and begin all over again, i found out that the sample chart of the combo box is already erased. I'm frustrated by all these because its hampering my exercises and ability to complete my project and submit it in order to meet the timeline for submission

Adegboyega Adeniran

Alumni
Hi Prashant,
I faced some issues with my Excel project, i am trying to use the VLOOKUP formula (=VLOOKUP(J8,J3:J6,2,FALSE), but its returning NA as result. Please i need your help to figure out what i am doing wrong so i can complete my project before the next weekend.

Hi Prashant,
I faced some issues with my Excel project, i am trying to use the VLOOKUP formula (=VLOOKUP(J8,J3:J6,2,FALSE), but its returning NA as result. Please i need your help to figure out what i am doing wrong so i can complete my project before the next weekend.
Hi Ade,

I think there is an error in your formula. The formula should be like this "=VLOOKUP(i8,i3:j6,2,FALSE)". Also, please make sure that the cell i8 is liked to your combo box and has the either of 4 values 1,2,3 or 4.

Hi Prashant,
I've been practising on the charts workbook for Day 3 and i am having a lot of difficulties with the thermometer charts as well as the combobox. I made a mistake with one of the three combo boxes and i tried to delete that and create a new box, it didn't respond. I tried to delete the entire workbook and begin all over again, i found out that the sample chart of the combo box is already erased. I'm frustrated by all these because its hampering my exercises and ability to complete my project and submit it in order to meet the timeline for submission
Hi Ade,

I am not able to make out what exact mistake you may have done. We will try to resolve this at the end of our 5th-day session. Meanwhile, please try to rework it by freshly downloading the Charts sheet from google drive. Giving the google drive link once again here for your help.

santosh kumar_71

Alumni
Hello,
is there any option in excel when we have 4-5 different sheets in excel has data & we can merge all sheets data in single sheet is there any possible.
one is by copy pasting its diffcult.

Copy-paste is the quickest option. If your file structure is the same and you need to do this exercise repeatedly, then you may think of recording a macro and use it every time.

Adegboyega Adeniran

Alumni
Hello Prashant,

In practicing the PQ-PP, after adding the slicer, i wanted to add a chart, but pivot chart option is disabled when i clicked on insert. I tried to search for and add it by clicking on file and options, that did not work also. Please how else can i find the pivot chart tab so i can complete the exercise? Thanks for your speedy response.

Adegboyega Adeniran

Alumni
Hello Prashant,

I tried to restore the figures on my working sheet which got deleted when i cut the combo box into the dashboard by following your advise, but it didn't work. I submitted a screen shot as you requested last Saturday. Please guide me to make the corrections so i can submit my final project result soon.

Hello Prashant,

In practicing the PQ-PP, after adding the slicer, i wanted to add a chart, but pivot chart option is disabled when i clicked on insert. I tried to search for and add it by clicking on file and options, that did not work also. Please how else can i find the pivot chart tab so i can complete the exercise? Thanks for your speedy response.
Hi Ade,

To insert a Pivot Chart when using power pivot, right click on your query in queries and connetions pane and select "Load-To". Here originally you must have selected "Only Create Connection". Please change it to Pivot Chart. Let the other option "Add this to data model" at the bottom selected.

Thanks
Prashant L.

Hello Prashant,

I tried to restore the figures on my working sheet which got deleted when i cut the combo box into the dashboard by following your advise, but it didn't work. I submitted a screen shot as you requested last Saturday. Please guide me to make the corrections so i can submit my final project result soon.
Hi Ade,

Can you share the screenshot of an error here? I need to know what went wrong.

Thanks
Prashant L.