Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PGP AIML JAN 2021 Cohort 1

Yes, This is the cohort for Shivank Agrawal, @kamala.

Hello All,
I checked with the Simplilearn team about forming a Whatsapp group for the students of this cohort. As it stands now, there is no policy against it. So, we can go ahead with it at our discretion. I am creating a spreadsheet and sharing it with all of you so that we can update our phone numbers in it.

I believe Senthil has already created the WA group - so we can be added into it once the sheet is filled up.

Warm Regards
Siva.
@Sivaramakrishnan Narayanan could you please give access to the google sheet.

Hello, can anybody please mention, at what time does the meeting starts? In google sheet, only link is given not the timings actually. Please update timings if possible

Anand here.. out of India.. waiting to have nice discussions with all of you.

Jagadeesh. We can actually start doing this now itself. You may want to read this too for better understanding.
I have started off with California one. Will start comcast after a couple of days. Will keep updated.
Hi Jagadeesh. For you question , I believe we should do the below :

• Need to use NLP library for finding this out.
  • Use CountVectorizer to tokenize the text.
  • Need to play with the parameter ngram_range , as we need to extract meaningful word sequences instead of just frequent words. N-gram is simply a sequence of N words.
Do let me know if it's clear.

I submitted the comcast assignment without the NLP work and waiting with fingers crossed. I haven't had time to work on California Housing problem. Office work became intense this week. How are you all doing? Hoping that you had more time to work on these than I do this week.

I submitted the comcast assignment without the NLP work and waiting with fingers crossed. I haven't had time to work on California Housing problem. Office work became intense this week. How are you all doing? Hoping that you had more time to work on these than I do this week.
Nice Jagadeesh. Yup its tough with daily work to spend time on this.

My Comcast assignment passed without NLP work. I suspect the passing bar is low :)

Team, a question about California Housing assignment
  • Convert categorical column in the dataset to numerical data.
What option are you leaning towards in how to convert the 'ocean_proximity' to numerical data? Are you converting this into multiple columns 'NEAR BAY', '<1H OCEAN', 'INLAND', 'NEAR OCEAN', with 1s and 0s or are you converting it into one column 'Relative to water' with values from 0 to 5? I am assuming former but wondering

Team, my first attempt at CA Housing assignment resulted in an MSE of 68949.62451074272 without standardizing median_house_value and MSE of 0.5975064476087356 with standardized median_house_value. Is that in the right ball park?

In CA Housing project, for Step 5
  • Standardize training and test datasets.
do we standardize only Median House Value column? That is what I did. Assuming so, how could we use such a model? The predictions will be around the value 0. Those need to be converted back into something.

Someone in the WA group made me realize that assignments are not the end and I need to take tests too. I did one, barely passed, and got my certificate. If I can do this, all of you can. Please give it a final push. Waiting for all of you to get that certificate and post it in your linkedins!

Hello All,

Can anyone guide me on how to register for some of the Academic Masterclass sessions being scheduled. Neither am I able to find out where the schedules are nor am I able to figure out how to register for them.

Much appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks!

Regards
Siva.