Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PGP DA - Programming and Analytics Foundation JAN 2021 | PG DA JAN 2021 Cohort 1

Anjani Vukkem

Alumni
Hello All,

Has anyone taken the programming foundation test, any comment or feedback on the test.
how difficult is the test and what kind of preparation is needed.

Thanks & Regards
John Edwin
Hi John,
Yes I have completed it, Its more of Python Related Topics Only.
Like Loops , Functions , POP , Execution of code etc.

_38411

Alumni
Hi Every one ,

I am facing trouble while submitting my project after uploading my word file in the two options provided:
Screenshots & Source Code when clicked on submit it shows "Upload still in progress". My file size is 6.29MBwhich is
less than the required file size of 10MB. Can anyone provide me a resolution ?

Thanks
I uploaded the project on the google drive and provided the link in the assignment doc I uploaded in the project section

Ying-Ju Cindy Chen

Alumni
Hello All,

Has anyone taken the programming foundation test, any comment or feedback on the test.
how difficult is the test and what kind of preparation is needed.

Thanks & Regards
John Edwin
Hi John,

I completed the assessment test the first time after I finished watching all the self-learning videos (without reviewing).
Honest I found the first attempt a bit hard since the self-learning videos cover a lot of concepts and examples; but if you have watched all the videos, should be able to score about 50% mark.
Then after the first attempt, I studied the answer keys and the explanations.
The second attempt is on the exactly same set of questions; your score should be much higher if you spent time reviewing the first attempt's results/explanations.

Hopefully this helps :)

Cindy

John Edwin

Alumni
Hi John,

I completed the assessment test the first time after I finished watching all the self-learning videos (without reviewing).
Honest I found the first attempt a bit hard since the self-learning videos cover a lot of concepts and examples; but if you have watched all the videos, should be able to score about 50% mark.
Then after the first attempt, I studied the answer keys and the explanations.
The second attempt is on the exactly same set of questions; your score should be much higher if you spent time reviewing the first attempt's results/explanations.

Hopefully this helps :)

Cindy
Thanks for the clarification, it was helpful

Regards
John Edwin

John Edwin

Alumni
Good Morning All,

Have you all completed the project in python, i missed the class yesterday. Did we discuss this topic in yesterday's class.

Regards
John Edwin

Ying-Ju Cindy Chen

Alumni
Good Morning All,

Have you all completed the project in python, i missed the class yesterday. Did we discuss this topic in yesterday's class.

Regards
John Edwin
Hi John,

We went over logistic regression yesterday (March 27) but didn't really discuss new topics regarding the projects
(Pooja answered a few quick questions only).

I am 2/3 way to project completion.
Good thing that the TA agreed to extend the deadline until April 3rd. :)

Cindy

Hey Friends,

Can someone help me out with the Step 4 in Python project
"Size column has sizes in Kb as well as Mb. To analyze, you’ll need to convert these to numeric.

Extract the numeric value from the column

Multiply the value by 1,000, if size is mentioned in Mb"
1617189130591.png
Not sure, what's wrong with my code, Please correct me, as I'm stuck on this:

df["Size"] = df["Size"]. astype ("int")

1617189130591.png

Anjani Vukkem

Alumni
Guys Quick thing.

Is anybody facing the same issue as i am.. I couldn't see shared documents shared by Pooja after Day3 in my drive. ?
Let me know if anybody else had this concern, Could you please help me share the documents with me as i am yet to finish my project.
My Email ID: akumar.vukkem@gmail.com

Meha Jain

Alumni
Hi All,
Is any one done with the Python Projects. am getting very low R2 (R square) on the first model train data.

@SimpliLearn TA Team,
Kindly advice what should be our target R2 after doing all task as mentioned on course assessment "Data Analyst with Python" project -"Google App Rating".

Thanks,
Meha

Theresa Snow

Alumni
Hey Friends,

Can someone help me out with the Step 4 in Python project
"Size column has sizes in Kb as well as Mb. To analyze, you’ll need to convert these to numeric.

Extract the numeric value from the column

Multiply the value by 1,000, if size is mentioned in Mb"
View attachment 14934
Not sure, what's wrong with my code, Please correct me, as I'm stuck on this:

df["Size"] = df["Size"]. astype ("int")

View attachment 14934
Hi Kedar, I removed the letters m and k/kb before converting to the numeric format.

Theresa Snow

Alumni
Hi All,
Is any one done with the Python Projects. am getting very low R2 (R square) on the first model train data.

@SimpliLearn TA Team,
Kindly advice what should be our target R2 after doing all task as mentioned on course assessment "Data Analyst with Python" project -"Google App Rating".

Thanks,
Meha
Mine ended up low too, so re-checking to see if I did something very wrong in my beginning code.

Raghavendra B M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Hi Team,

Please note that creating a WhatsApp group is against Simplilearn's policy. As this will violate the privacy police of the users.

Simplilearn will not be responsible if anything goes wrong in the Whatsapp group. Please avoid this going further.

Regards,
Raghavendra

Anjani Vukkem

Alumni
Hi Team,

I am kind of stuck at this point getting an recurring error. Could anyone help me sort it with what went wrong here.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    27.5 KB · Views: 4