Please suggest correct answer

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Purva Garg, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Purva Garg

Purva Garg Active Member
    Alumni

You are executing a project when the customer asks for a change that's going to increase the schedule risk. What should you do first?

1) Inform your manager about customer request
    2) Inform the customer that the project would get delayed
    3) Analyze the impact of the change with your team
    4) Go ahead and accept the change

2. Rajan Sood

Rajan Sood Rajan
    Alumni

4 can be the answer it seems.
    PM knows the impact of the change i.e. it will increase the RISK. But that doesn't mean that the RISK has been materialize (there is no such indication in the question). It also means that there is no surety that the project will get delayed. In other words -- it is possible that this potential risk may never occur. So point 2 doesn't sound good. Point 3 has already been done (because PM knows the impact).

Does anyone has any different view?

3. Purva Garg

Purva Garg Active Member
    Alumni

Unfortunately, Yes. The correct answer as per simplilearn sample paper 4 is C. I have the same arguments that the risk has been identified so why C?

4. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

One cannot assume that a comprehensive analysis has been done because one risk has been identified. We don't know This could have been a customer telling you, "I understand that the schedule will be at risk, but that's acceptable..."

First thing to consider in all these - remember always to 'analyze, communicate, act'.

Second thing is that the PM and the PM alone is the integrator. Noone else understands the impacts of a change on all aspects of the project. C is the right answer.

5. Purva Garg

Purva Garg Active Member
    Alumni

Thanks Tim!