PMI-ACP® Exam

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by iamamitpuri, May 24, 2016.

1. iamamitpuri

iamamitpuri Member
    Alumni

Hi, All

Happy to share that I have passed PMI-ACP® Exam today.

Thanks to Jeff and Simplilearn, I am becoming a kind of fan of Simplilearn course :) and enrolled for Agile Scrum Master(ASM®).

I recommend for ACP aspirants:
    1. The content wise, please stick to Simplilearn course for this exam
    2. Tips and Tricks in Simplilearn course - really useful
    3. Practice test papers in Simplilearn course.
    On the time part, the questions were not so lengthy and to make a choice, multiple readings required or reading between lines. I have attempted 120 questions in 2 hrs 25 mins, one break of 3-5 mins (you must drink water before exam and go to washroom to avoid break, there is an additional security check while back from break). I marked 20 questions for review, which took my remaining time. I didn't do good on time management. I suggest learning from my experience.

Good Luck!
    Amit Puri

Samit (2883) likes this.
  2. gurupriti

gurupriti Member
    Alumni

Can anybody share the PMI-ACP Exam Prep Guide (Mike Griffiths) ? ebook ?

3. Samit (2883)

Samit (2883) Member

Hi Amit,

Congratulations for your PMI-ACP,
    Thanks for the information provided here, i have few questions, expecting your input
    1. Do we have any official Guide for PMI-ACP exam, similarly we have PMBok for PMP ?
    2. is there any famous book like we have Rita's book for PMP
    3. How difficult is the PMI-ACP exam if you compare with PMP.

Thanks in advance

4. iamamitpuri

iamamitpuri Member
    Alumni

Samit (2883) likes this.
  5. ankitatiya

ankitatiya Member

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am also preparing for PMI-ACP certification. Please let me know if this course material is good enough to serve this purpose or do I need to study any other book also. It will be great if you can share your preparation timeline with me, so that I can plan accordingly for my own exam.

6. Samit (2883)

Samit (2883) Member

Thanks for sharing this, this is very helpful.

/Samit

7. iamamitpuri

iamamitpuri Member
    Alumni

I did 2 months of preparation for this exam, mostly weekends and couple of full day study towards the exam date.

In my view course material is good enough to prepare for exam. Unless you find difficulty in understanding the course, and want to refer additional book as a reference. and instead of book, you can directly refer to following sites

1. https://www.dsdm.org/
    2. http://www.extremeprogramming.org/
    3. https://www.planningpoker.com/
    4. http://alistair.cockburn.us/Osmotic communication
    5. https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/agile/scrum and http://agilemethodology.org/
    Caution : Stick to the course material and refer only these sites to know little more on the related topics. Do not confuse yourselves with huge information, stay focused!

8. ankitatiya

ankitatiya Member

Thank you so much :)

9. Anita Ghosh

Anita Ghosh New Member

Hi Amit,

Congratulations on your successful certification!! Could you recommend whether there is a need to buy pmi acp preparation book by Mike Griffiths. It was suggested by the trainer. Did you buy any books specifically for the same certification?

Your valuable inputs are highly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance.
    Regards,
    Anita Ghosh

10. Rohan Powle

Rohan Powle New Member

Hi Anita,

I bought mine from Amazon.com.

Regards,
    Rohan

11. Mohamed Rami

Mohamed Rami Member

I just cracked the PMI-ACP exam! but after all the celebration and partying was over, i remembered how i always appreciated the lessons learned by other learners out there who shared their experiences on various forums, so i thought i share mine with all of you.

Preparation Strategy: - I Started with Simplilearn online course and I can safely say that Simplilearn online course is truly enough as your main reference in studying for this credential. However, a more rounded understanding of agile methodologies, principles and practices could be achieved by referring to other books like Mike Griffiths famous one.

The online course here covers around 95% of the topics of PMI-ACP, which means that some topics are hardly covered (e.g. co-active coaching in agile). I hope this can be considered as constructive feedback to improve the course for future learners.

Take all the time you need with studying, dont rush, but dont hesitate either, and i suggest booking your exam appointment after you have solved some sample exams and felt that you are confident enough to do it.

Sample Exams: - The sample exams questions available on simplilearn are extremely useful, however they are nowhere close to the real thing. Take them seriously and solve all of them, and for more knowledge refer to sample questions available online for free, or better yet try some of those paid for sample exams to be truly confident before entering the exam.

Actual Exam: - I am afraid i cannot emphasize this enough but the actual exam is ALL ABOUT SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS!! it is definitely not a memorization test of ACP material. However, from my humble opinion, it is much easier than other exams i have taken (say PMP) and a nice entry exam if you are not familiar with the PMI testing method of Multiple choice questions.

There was 120 of them (with 20 as pre-test questions (i.e. ungraded)) to be solved in 3 hours. The time was ample to complete 1 whole run through the questions and a review session that took me around 50 minutes to revise marked questions.

I wish you all the very best and good luck. Cheers!

12. ARUN S KUMAR

ARUN S KUMAR Active Member
    Alumni

Congrats Mohamed!