PMI- ACP Application process

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by Fernando_7, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Fernando_7

Fernando_7 Member
    Alumni

Hi Everyone!

I just started the PMI-ACP training this week and our instructor Bryan Campbell is great. Our home work was to log into the pmi.org and start the PMI-ACP application process. I have a question regarding the eligibility worksheet. I was at a company for a year and in that time I worked on a 3 month Agile project and the remaining time I worked on waterfall projects. So when entering my time for the general project experience and agile experience, do I need to enter 2 separate entries with the start dates of those projects, even though it's for this same company? So for example... Company Acme- Agile Experience start date 1/1/2014 - 3/1/2014 and for the general project experience... Company Acme General Project Experience start date 4/1/2014 - 1/1/2015

Thanks,
    Fernando

upload_2016-1-11_10-40-8.png

Attached Files:

manikandan_10 likes this.
  2. Bryan (1147)

Bryan (1147) Active Member
    Trainer

Hi Fernando, thanks for sharing you question, a lot of participants have very similar questions.

You're correct, you can enter both projects even though the work was performed at the same company. However, only the time recorded for the Agile project will be recorded for your Agile Experience months and hours. FYI, if you happen to have a PMP already then you won't need to demonstrate the general project experience.

The only tricky thing to keep in mind is that your agile project experience must be unique and separate from your general project experience. This means that you:

•  Cannot record the same project or a project by the same name under both your general project experience and agile project experience.
    •  Cannot count the hours associated with general project experience toward fulfilling the requirements for agile project experience and
    •  Cannot use the same project activities to summarize your experience from general project to agile project.
    Hope this answered your question, I'm happy to review your application before you submit if you have questions. Good luck and I'll look forward to talking to you this weekend.

3. manikandan_10

manikandan_10 Active Member
    Alumni

Thanks Bryan, I have also started filling my application in PMI. I have a question related to Agile education hours. We have attended 2 days last week and our training will go till 24th Jan. Shall I mention start date as 9th Jan and end date as 24th Jan in my application. Please clarify.

4. Bryan (1147)

Bryan (1147) Active Member
    Trainer

Hi Manikandan, yes for the application you should reference your training as having occurred between 01/09 to 01/24.

5. manikandan_10

manikandan_10 Active Member
    Alumni

Thanks Bryan, Please provide your email ID and I will send my downloaded application form in PDF. Based on your review comments, I will update and submit it over the weekend.

6. Fernando_7

Fernando_7 Member
    Alumni

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for reply and clarification. I understand it now, thanks again.

Fernando