PMI-ACP Queries

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by Kinjal_1, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

Hi,
    While going through the material, I fond below queries. Can anyone help me with them?

1. Page 421 in PDF or slide 15 of Module 5 part 2: Cost of delay is unclear for me. As per my understanding, if cost of delay is higher than those things should be done first to reduce the cost.

2. Page 422 in PDF or slide 17 of Module 5 part 2: Total efforts are 267 days. 5 resources are working for 8 hrs/ day. It means in one day, 5 days efforts will be used. Then formula for schedule should be 267/5 to calculate the days. In mentioned slide, days are divided by hrs and answer 7 seems wrong.

Module 6 Part 1:
    Slide 9 says LT = CT * WIP and LT = WIP/T. This concludes CT = 1/T.
    Slide 15 says T = WIP/ CT
    These 2 things are not matching.

2. AmerNatarajan

AmerNatarajan Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support Alumni

Hello,

We have asked our Trainer to look into your query and help you out on this. Request you to kindly provide us sometime for the same.

3. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

It has been 2 weeks since original query was raised.. it is not resolved yet...

4. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

Adding one more query. This question is from the class room practce test.
    Now question says" Which of the following charts show how much work remains on an iteration?"
    Possible 2 answers are:
    a. Iteration burn down chart
    b. burn down chart

My unerstanding is, burn chart can be developed for iteration, release or product. Question is specifically asking for Iteration it means, Iteration burn down chart should be the correct answer.

Please provide your views.

Attached Files:

5. Raj K(3066)

Raj K(3066) Well-Known Member
    Trainer

@Kinjal_1, since there is "cost of delay" in getting an answer, I am providing my 2 cents

There are two ways to prioritize cost of delay.
    1. Do the shortest job first. Also known as WSJF - Weighted Shortest Job First.
    2. Do the most valuable first.

I don't have access to the PDF you have mentioned. So I can only outline answers for your 1st question while the actual trainer might revert back.

Kinjal_1 likes this.
  6. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

Thanks for it; I appreciate your help.
    PDF version of recorded material available in download section. It is explained in a bit confusing manner and that is why I have raised a query but no one is answering.

7. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

Adding one more query. This question is from the class room practce test.
    Can anyone help me with conflict resolution techniques by coach and its description. I am unable to find this in material provided.

Attached Files:

8. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

@Kinjal_1, here it goes....

Conflicts are of 5 levels:
    1. Problem to solve
    2. Disagreement
    3. Contest
    4. Crusade and
    5. World War.
    To handle the complaints, the coach has to:
    1. Hear the complaint
    2. Feel the energy and
    3. Focus on Language.
    Then the coach can do these things: (these can be the techniques you are looking for)
    1. Do nothing.
    2. Analyse and respond
    3. Use structures
    4. Reveal
    5. Carrying Complaints - this is where the question you were asked is coming from.
    Three step intervention is Coach asking these questions:
    1. Have you shared your concerns and feelings about this with <person whom you are complaining>?
    2. <person whom you are complaining> should know of your concerns. Would it help If I go with you?
    3. May I tell the <person whom you are complaining> that you have these concerns?

Kinjal_1 likes this.
  9. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

Thanks Rangaraju. It explains quite a bit about coach conflict resolution.
    I hope trainers are as active as you so I can get resolution for my other queries as well :)

10. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

In test paepr 1, I found this question. If I match explanation with question; the question should say "Which of the following activities are NOT involved in project closure?
    Can anyone help me with this?

Attached Files:

11. Annette Golding(3169)

Annette Golding(3169) Active Member
    Trainer

This is confusing. Here is the difference - Lead time clock starts when the request is made and ends at delivery. Cycle time clock starts when work begins on the request and ends when the item is ready for delivery. Cycle time is a more mechanical measure of process capability. Lead time is what the customer sees.
    Lead time depends on cycle time, but also depends on your willingness to keep a backlog, the customer’s patience, and the customer’s readiness for delivery.
    Another way to think about it is: cycle time measures the completion rate, lead time measures the arrival rate. A producer has limited strategies to influence lead time. One is pricing (managing the arrival rate), another is managing cycle time (completing work faster/slower than the arrival rate).

Here is a web address to a blog entry that has a graphic illustration as well.
    https://stefanroock.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/kanban-definition-of-lead-time-and-cycle-time/

12. Kinjal_1

Kinjal_1 Member

Hi Annette,
    Thanks for the explanation. From definition point of view it clears a lot.
    I am specifically looking for the Lead time and cycle time formula for calculaton. They are not making sense to me in the slide and I have put the specifics in query. It would be great if you could help me with it.

There is zero support from Simplilearn. They have not resolved single query I have raised in this thread.
    Thanks to you for giving more details about it and Rangaraju for solving one of the query.

13. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

@Kinjal_1 There is Zero support from Simplilearn is not fully correct. Both @Annette Golding(3169) and myself are from Simplilearn ONLY. The support team will monitor the queries regularly and if they are technical in nature, appropriate trainer or trainer with knowledge needs to answer, which will take some time. I agree with you that there is delay in responding, that is no doubt.

If you are in IT Production Support, you know how L1, L2 and L3 Support work. The Support team on this forum does L1 support. L2 Support comes from us.

Regarding your Lead and Cycle time query, please check this link:
    http://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/1460.html