Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP® | 17th April to 15th May 2021 | Ritu Gupta

Please double check and confirm answers for question number 6 that you shared in class today. Create commitment to honesty, integrity and commitment "is" a reason for a code of ethics therefore it should not be one of the answers for "not a reason" (a and d should be the answers). They don't provide specific guidelines for conflict resolution so "d" should be one of the answers. Please confirm. Thank you!

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Please double check and confirm answers for question number 6 that you shared in class today. Create commitment to honesty, integrity and commitment "is" a reason for a code of ethics therefore it should not be one of the answers for "not a reason" (a and d should be the answers). They don't provide specific guidelines for conflict resolution so "d" should be one of the answers. Please confirm. Thank you!
Sure I will take a look at it. Thank you.

Thanks Ritu; very helpful links indeed.
However, I don't know if its just me who observed the gap but isn't it expected of any learner coming for the PMP preparation class to at least have a look at the pmi.org website and read the PMP handbook at the least (going through the remaining above links would be even more beneficial) to know what they are getting into. I strongly believe that simplilearn should add these links as a pre-requisite reading preparation for the learners before they even come for their first class; it would avoid a lot of confusion, anxiety and repeatedly asked questions that was seen in the first class. Cheers.

Hi,
Can anyone please help with the process to get the PM templates and access to PMI Lo choice material?

Thanks,
Vivek
Hi Vivek,

Not sure which PM templates you are referring to.

The Key Access for PMI LO Choice material would have reached you within 14 days time from the enrolling date, please to have a quick check on your spam of junk mail, but if haven’t received then you would need to log a ticket with simpliearn from your LMS dashboard https://lms.simplilearn.com/dashboard.
Brief steps are as below:

DASHBOARD>>top right find the HELP tab>>click >>> find ASK ARYA>> answer to her QUESTIONS>>find the option to CREATE SUPPORT REQUEST>>Ticket Number.

Make sure you put in all your concerns in the description box and raise your ticket.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Navjot

Rajendra Bhatt

HI All,
Attached are the pdf versions of the overall gist of each chapter for our reference. These were shared by Simplilearn trainer from previous batch.

Attachments

• Creating a High-Performing Team.pdf
    127.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Doing the Work.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Keeping the Business in Mind.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Keeping the Team on Track.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Starting the Project.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 78

Rajendra Bhatt

Hi,
Can anyone please help with the process to get the PM templates and access to PMI Lo choice material?

Thanks,
Vivek
The link to PMI LO Choice portal is as follows:
PMI LO choice - https://pmi.lochoice.com/
We can log into this portal with our PMI portal login credentials. If anyone with this group has still not received the access key then please raise a request with SimpliLearn support team or get in touch with your respective course co-ordinator as they can help with getting the access key.

Rajendra Bhatt

The link to PMI LO Choice portal is as follows:
PMI LO choice - https://pmi.lochoice.com/
We can log into this portal with our PMI portal login credentials. If anyone with this group has still not received the access key then please raise a request with SimpliLearn support team or get in touch with your respective course co-ordinator as they can help with getting the access key.
We can get the various project management processes templates from below link (shared by a trainer from previous batch):

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
A quote on Diversity by Audre Lorde: “In our work and in our living, we must recognize that difference is a reason for celebration and growth, rather than a reason for destruction".

Hi Ritu,
I have raised request for support from Simplilearn on downloading the contents of the access key fro, PMI. I have received email froM Simplilearn assuring to resolve and later an email to contact the PMI.
1.On checking the files on downloaded in my laptop I found the licensed version of the PMP Exam preparation book in my name. Are there any other documents that need to be downloaded.
2. How do we access the schedule for exams for appearing for exams?
3. Would also appreciate sharing the dos and dont' s for the exam application procedure in the final session or share in community if already available. Also if some time is spared to address any exam related issues in the last session that will be of great help in cracking the exam

How do I get the student handbook? I logged in to pmi.lochoice.com but there is nothing there. Please confirm or please share link for the SimpliLearn Student Handbook. Thank you.

How do I get the student handbook? I logged in to pmi.lochoice.com but there is nothing there. Please confirm or please share link for the SimpliLearn Student Handbook. Thank you.

Go to the URL: https://pmi.lochoice.com or click here. You will see the login page on your screen.
Click the Login button to pop up the login window. You will use your PMI.ORG credentials to log in.

You are now on the PMI-Choice homepage.
If this is your first time logging in, you will need to add your course.
a) Click on Add a Course tile (the big + sign).
b) Enter your Access Key in the pop-up window and click ENROLL.

Upon redeeming your key, you will now see the PMI-Choice homepage with a New Course Tile for PMI PMP Certification Exam Prep Training. Click the course tile for your course to gain access to the electronic components for your course. You will find the Student Manual tile there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Navjot

Tried adding PMP course but it is asking for access key. When can I expect to receive access key and will it come via email? Thank you!

Shariq Warsi

Hi Ritu
I just to know about the certification part. After getting the certificate what is the frequency for updated it regularly and is the old certificate is not valid.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Funding Limit reconciliation
Organizations have only so much cash to allocate to projects-and no, you can’t have all the monies right now.FLR is an organizations' approach to managing cash flows against the project deliverable based on a schedule, milestone accomplishments or data constraints. This helps and organization plan when monies will be devoted to a project rather than using all of the funds available at the start of the project. In other words, the monies for a project budget will become available based on dates/or deliverable. If the project does not hit the predetermined dates and products that were set as milestones, the additional funding becomes questionable.

Last edited:

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Difference between audit and inspection

INSPECTION

An inspection is generally made of closed questions. The answer options are “yes” or “no”. Its role is to evaluate closely a product or a facility based on specific requirements, design… To do so, the inspector needs a plan and a check-list (this is the case for formal inspections only).

Factory inspection example: The inspector evaluates the building. It includes checking the fire tenders, exit doors, etc.

Product inspection example: The inspector will evaluate the quality of the produced goods. During a pre-shipment inspection, the quality controller picks a sample (following the AQLtable) or the complete batch depending on the client’s requirements. Then he/she/they check the products’ appearance and specifications, including some other special requirements from the client, and test them.

AUDIT
The audit examines the factory processes and performance based on standards & specific guidelines. It is like doing a survey: a neutral point of view. The objective is to identify the compliance & non-compliance to some specifications, standards, contractual agreements or other criteria.

An audit is made of observation. It inspects the equipment and processes based on the written procedures. To ensure the reality is in line with the “theory” (written procedures) it is quite common to interview employees about their working procedures.

Audits important output is the non-conformity list (minor and major). It allows to define action plans to improve the implemented system. Audits can be internal or external.

Example of ISO 9001 Audit It is based on the ISO 9001 standard and focuses on a supplier’s Quality management system: factory, service, company, etc. The auditor checks the documented procedures, forms and processes implemented. And most importantly, it looks for records: proves of the processes’ implementation.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
For Leads and Lags: Please read page# 192, 193 of PMBOK 6th edition and page# 174 of Rita Mulch 10th edition.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I have missed anything else.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Hi Ritu,

Can someone assist me in completing the PMP Application form. Please connect me to someone for assistance.

Thanks,
Trapti
Hi Trapti, I have to check with simplilearn, however, I would suggest there are so many learners attending the same batch. It is good to learn from and support/help each other. It will be good if we can have someone from this batch itself to support with this.

Hi Trapti, I have to check with simplilearn, however, I would suggest there are so many learners attending the same batch. It is good to learn from and support/help each other. It will be good if we can have someone from this batch itself to support with this.
Please check someone in Simplilearn as I need to know more on showing experience of Project Management in PMP Application form,it will be great if Simplilearn can help me in adding Project Management experience.

Please check someone in Simplilearn as I need to know more on showing experience of Project Management in PMP Application form,it will be great if Simplilearn can help me in adding Project Management experience.
Hi All,

Who are all targeting PMP Certification in next 1-2 months and taken membership for giving PMP Exam?

Trapti
Hi Trapti,

do you want to post your query about filling the application form here? I am sure one of us would be able to help out.

Thanks,
Navjot

Hi Ritu, Team,
Hope everybody is safe and well!
One clarification- Who all participate in story sizing in agile? Is it the development team only or any other role from the team also participates in the process?