PMP® 2018 Certification Project: Software Industry

Discussion in 'PMP' started by RAVI REDDI, Oct 30, 2019.

1. RAVI REDDI

RAVI REDDI Member

Hi

I have gone through the video recordings for PMP 2018 Certification Course and now working on Project: Software Industry. I have question on the below assessment question

1. From the planning perspective, develop the following:

a. Subsidiary management plan is the output of the Plan Quality Management process

No specific details is given in terms of project schedules and cost so wondering how to create subsidiary management plan

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. RAVI REDDI

RAVI REDDI Member

There are no details mentioned in terms of cost i.e. authorized budget, work performed, actual cost incurred to calculate CPI or SPI

3. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

The subsidiary plan being referenced is the Quality Management Plan. You can describe the components of a Quality Management Plan from the PMBOK perspective (how the project is to determine, evaluate, and confirm quality), or use the standard quality categories (how plan plan quality, manage quality or Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement, and Control Quality is to be performed). An introduction to the general characteristics of a quality management plan and 2-3 sentences of discussion on each topic are all that are needed.

Reference the 'Projects for Review' for examples of other subsidiary plans.

4. Benson Beaubrun

Benson Beaubrun New Member

Tim, Good afternoon, in Project 2 when they specified in the situation - The application shouldn’t have more than five defects. Earned Value specifications require the SPI and CPI to be 1+/-10% throughout. I do not see any values to use. Could you please address or point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

5. Basab Dutta

Basab Dutta Member

Tim,for Project 2 when they specified in the situation -
    For the required SPI measurement, draw the control chart. Here, the specification limits are +/- 20%
    Could you please address ?

6. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Certainly. The original specifications were +/- 10% (see the initial scenario) where the assignment states "use these data for your graph." Which one is the data you use?

What is the required SPI measurement? YOur quality metrics will tell you.

Does that help?