Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP® | 8th May to 5th June 2021 | Ritu Gupta

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Google drive: Rita Mulcahy 10th edition

PMP | 27 March - 24 April 2021 | Ritu Gupta - Google Drive

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

PMBOK 6th Edition:

Z-Library single sign on

Z-Library single sign on | Z-Library. Download books for free. Find books
b-ok.asia
b-ok.asia

Project team members are always internal or we may call external partners also team member? I got contradiction in Student manual and LMS. Please help.

Deepak_215

Hi Ritu, thanks for last 2 sessions..can you pls guide on how do we approach our study for whatever is covered in last 2 sessions...precisely on which chapters from PMBOK or Rita Mulcahy book to go thru and have a concrete understanding of the subject taught, thanks

@Ritu_Gupta Can we have a detailed guidance on Story point, User Story for Agile environment in next class? that will be helpful to understand. I am from Core industry and do not have any knowledge in this subject.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
can you update on this?
Hi Rohan, there is no one particular knowledge area for creating a high performing team.. as you will read you will see it has elements from the stakeholder, resource, communication, estimation part is from cost and schedule, there will be some elements in the procurement and risk chapter...

hope this is helpful. Thank you for your patience.

Sabyasachi Nath

Hi Ritu, You may have answered this question already in the session or somewhere, but I can't locate it, so I am asking again (pls excuse me if this is repetitive). Can we get a physical copy of PMBOK from PMI? I thought it was part of the membership, correct?

Hi Ritu, could you please check and confirm if we can take PMP Exam using Apple laptop? I am asking this questions as many applications are not supported by Apple.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Funding Limit reconciliation
Organizations have only so much cash to allocate to projects-and no, you can’t have all the monies right now.FLR is an organizations' approach to managing cash flows against the project deliverable based on a schedule, milestone accomplishments or data constraints. This helps and organization plan when monies will be devoted to a project rather than using all of the funds available at the start of the project. In other words, the monies for a project budget will become available based on dates/or deliverable. If the project does not hit the predetermined dates and products that were set as milestones, the additional funding becomes questionable.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Hi Ritu, could you please check and confirm if we can take PMP Exam using Apple laptop? I am asking this questions as many applications are not supported by Apple.
I need to check with someone who has appeared for the exam. I think you should be able to take exam from any laptop, never heard that laptop can be a constraint.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Hi Ritu, You may have answered this question already in the session or somewhere, but I can't locate it, so I am asking again (pls excuse me if this is repetitive). Can we get a physical copy of PMBOK from PMI? I thought it was part of the membership, correct?
Hi Sabyasachi, if you have the pmi membership, you do not get the physical copy of PMBOK, you can the access to a password protected soft copy. I have already given the link on the community to download the soft copy of PMBOK 6th edition. Hope this helps.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Difference between audit and inspection

INSPECTION

An inspection is generally made of closed questions. The answer options are “yes” or “no”. Its role is to evaluate closely a product or a facility based on specific requirements, design… To do so, the inspector needs a plan and a check-list (this is the case for formal inspections only).

Factory inspection example: The inspector evaluates the building. It includes checking the fire tenders, exit doors, etc.

Product inspection example: The inspector will evaluate the quality of the produced goods. During a pre-shipment inspection, the quality controller picks a sample (following the AQLtable) or the complete batch depending on the client’s requirements. Then he/she/they check the products’ appearance and specifications, including some other special requirements from the client, and test them.

AUDIT
The audit examines the factory processes and performance based on standards & specific guidelines. It is like doing a survey: a neutral point of view. The objective is to identify the compliance & non-compliance to some specifications, standards, contractual agreements or other criteria.

An audit is made of observation. It inspects the equipment and processes based on the written procedures. To ensure the reality is in line with the “theory” (written procedures) it is quite common to interview employees about their working procedures.

Audits important output is the non-conformity list (minor and major). It allows to define action plans to improve the implemented system. Audits can be internal or external.

Example of ISO 9001 Audit It is based on the ISO 9001 standard and focuses on a supplier’s Quality management system: factory, service, company, etc. The auditor checks the documented procedures, forms and processes implemented. And most importantly, it looks for records: proves of the processes’ implementation.

sharad.lgsi

Alumni
@ritu, @ All,
Need your expert advice on below fundamental doubt.
I recently finished my CSM certification which is all about Scrum.
In Scrum concepts/Guide, there is no official role as PM. In fact that's main crux of Scrum->To let team be self-organizing.

Having said that, if we have to map Scrum concept with our traditional waterfall projects.
Can we say PM job is kind of "Scrum Leader+PO both" ?
or PM is like 3rd entity above Scrum leader+PO (who are one of team members)?

Note: main reason to ask above doubt is to understand expected mentality while answering PMP exam

In Scrum/Agile there is no role of PM. As you mentioned it is a self driving Also, a fact is that the Scrum Master and Product Owner can’t be the same person.

Ideally the role doesn’t fit for Agile; however, a project manager can act as either of them and may in future the role of a Delivery Manager.

Above is my understanding. Ritu can provide insights.

@ritu, @ All,
Need your expert advice on below fundamental doubt.
I recently finished my CSM certification which is all about Scrum.
In Scrum concepts/Guide, there is no official role as PM. In fact that's main crux of Scrum->To let team be self-organizing.

Having said that, if we have to map Scrum concept with our traditional waterfall projects.
Can we say PM job is kind of "Scrum Leader+PO both" ?
or PM is like 3rd entity above Scrum leader+PO (who are one of team members)?

Note: main reason to ask above doubt is to understand expected mentality while answering PMP exam
In our organization, we have something called as hybrid model. Wherein for a larger project there is a system Project Manager and then below you have a scrum team ( including the PO and SM). In the end the Project Manager has the complete responsibility for the success and delivery of the project

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Related to Emotional Intelligence topic

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 22

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Can you please provide me the link to dowload the project templates?
Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Can you please provide me the link to dowload the project templates?
Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes

Yvon Chai

Alumni
Hi Ritu,
we need to complete 1 project & 1 simulation test on top of 80% classes in order to unlock the certificate?

Attachments

• Certificate.JPG
    Certificate.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 37