Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP® | Aug 23,24,25,26,27,30,31, Sep 1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10,13,14,15 | Vishal Kanoongo

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Some Facts about Agile Projects:

In agile projects we have a high-level plan, they are descriptions of features and functions which are in product backlog.

We build prototypes that we repeatedly review with stakeholders for feedback, and through this continuous feedback, we refine our high-level stuff into definitions of requirements, scope, duration, cost, risk and quality.

The objective is to start in the work with high-level estimates, and quickly refine into what is needed on the product.

That is why we talk about MVP(Minimum Viable Product) and MBI (Minimum Business Increment) in agile.

So therefore we say agile approach is iterative, change based, adaptive, incremental and so on.

Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Guys,

Few things for you to understand:

The PMBOK and the exam content outline are different documents as below:

The PMBOK is the framework in which projects are managed
the 6th edition looks at this from a processes standpoint
the 7th looks at this from a principle (values and behavior) standpoint

The exam content outline which are explained in the PMI material are the tasks a PM performs within that framework.

The PMBOK is a bigger picture of the framework, and the exam content outline is based on PMI abstract material from PMBOK and other sources.

The exam is structured based on the slide material.

Use this as your primary reference, and then go into the PMBOK for your framework details.

Hope that helps.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Pfa lesson-wise Guidelines PDF attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• Creating a High-Performing Team.pdf
    127.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Doing the Work.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Starting the Project .pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Keeping the Team on Track.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Keeping the Business in Mind.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 60

Mohammed Rafi_9

Hi Guys,

Few things for you to understand:

The PMBOK and the exam content outline are different documents as below:

The PMBOK is the framework in which projects are managed
the 6th edition looks at this from a processes standpoint
the 7th looks at this from a principle (values and behavior) standpoint

The exam content outline which are explained in the PMI material are the tasks a PM performs within that framework.

The PMBOK is a bigger picture of the framework, and the exam content outline is based on PMI abstract material from PMBOK and other sources.

The exam is structured based on the slide material.

Use this as your primary reference, and then go into the PMBOK for your framework details.

Hope that helps.
Hi Vishal,

The above really help's, Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Rafi

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
NPV- Higher the better
•IRR-Higher the better
•Opportunity cost- The 2nd best option which we are giving away
•Payback period- Lesser the better
•BCR- >1 is always good i.e. benefits are more than the cost
•Roi- Higher the better
•Sunk Cost- Expended cost (Unrecoverable cost)

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
(Customize the below in an Excel Sheet for your Study Plan)

A) Domain Task Source: PMI slides/Spot-lite Videos/SL Videos/Others Date of Study Time in Hours

1) People

2)Process

3) Business Environment

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Total 200-300 Hours in Two to Three Months
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

B) Read PMBOK 6th Edition. Start Date: End Date:

C) Read Agile Practice Guide Start Date: End Date

D) Mock Test Planning:

Mock Test 1. Date: Score

Mock Test 2. Date: Score

Mock Test 3: Date: Score

Mock Test 4: Date: Score
Mock Test N; Date: Score

Consistently Score 75% or Above you can think of Taking the Exam.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

You can call PMI Customer Care for any urgency as this is related to PMI.

Or write a mail to them to confirm as part of doing due diligence, get the details from PMI.ORG.

On another note as I told you one of my student has written to them and he shared the response from PMI as below:

"The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool"

"The current version of the PMP exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references."

"You can take help from PMBOK seventh edition also as it is released already."

"Both versions is available on PMI website. Candidates can use it as a reference."

"We strongly recommend that candidates refer to the current Exam Content Outline for up-to-date information about preparing for certifications. Information about PMI certifications and future changes can be found at pmi.org/certifications."

"As you have studied from PMBOK 6th edition and LOCHOICE, it is also good."

Did you guys get PMP certiicate from simplilearn, for me it is asking to complete one project and one simulation test. Earlier I got to know some of you got this certificate so thought of checking here.

Attachments

• simplilearncert-issue.jpg
    simplilearncert-issue.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 6
I got mine when completed 85% of attendence.I attended complete course session. If you have attended 85% you should get it.
I was also told by the person through whome I registered that atleast one of the four assessment test must be passed,but most got without that test. I guess you raise the ticket to have answer directly from Simplilearn

Support Simplilearn(4685)

Staff member
Alumni
I got mine when completed 85% of attendence.I attended complete course session. If you have attended 85% you should get it.
I was also told by the person through whome I registered that atleast one of the four assessment test must be passed,but most got without that test. I guess you raise the ticket to have answer directly from Simplilearn
Attendance should be 80% in live class OR 85% in self paced + 1 test with 60% Marks + 1 Project

Post completeing this you will get the certificate