Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP® | May 15,16,22,23,29,30 Jun 5,6,12 | Vishal Kanoongo

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
I am in the May 15, 16th session, facilitator said class notes would be posted here?
The Recordings for Class are available you can play recordings and listen everything we did in class. This Forum is for any additional question you may have which will get answered here.

Hope that help

Regards

Hello Rahul. Question regarding the 'Mapping' download with the 3 Domains. In the right column, there is a number and letter e.g., '4D'. What reference or book are these numbers referring to? Thanks.

Hey guys, I downloaded and extracted files through course files from PMI portal but those didn't include presentation slides. Vishal had mentioned and showed a folder called 'Overheads' during our first session - this folder wasn't present with the files extracted. It the same with you all?

@Rahul Kumar Mondal - would you be able to assist with this?

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hello Rahul. Question regarding the 'Mapping' download with the 3 Domains. In the right column, there is a number and letter e.g., '4D'. What reference or book are these numbers referring to? Thanks.
Hi Troy,

This is Vishal your trainer I will answer that question for you.

In each lesson you will get second page "Lessons Objective by Topic" and there is numbering of Task like A,B,C,D.
4D for example means Lesson 4 and in Lesson 4 go to second slide there you see Lesson Objective by Topic, so go to point D there.

Hope that clarify.

Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi All!

Dear Vishal,

Could you please spare sometime for the real exam questions which relate to the topics covered in each session. We could use only 15 mins at the end of each session, just to run 5-8 real PMP exam questions which relates to the topics you are highlighting during the presentation as important / def. comes in the exam.

With this, we will have a better understanding of the exam expectations which will last longer and we can properly relate the most important topics to the exam. Otherwise, we are just reading through the presentation materials and you give generic examples from your experience at your best, but it vanishes so quickly and some topics become impossible to visualise from exam perspective.

That's being said, I can also see that such approach may not be available in the method and default teaching approach of Simplilearn which is a very big downside of the course from my point of view, apart from squeezing more than 100 people in same session. However, I truly believe you may take the liberty to bring up a few questions to the screen for each day's topics and assist us on that. (Not talking about activities you gave us earlier after each topic, but real PMP exam questions). So rather than just brainstorming over some generic activities and only share our own opinion, we could really use some examples, as I know that the questions of PMP comes more tricky and expecting us to give the best fit instead of a just correct answer or our own opinion.

I also know that there are a lot of example questions in Simplilearn - Assessment section or in PMI Lo Choice. But on-time exam question reviews right after discussing the topics will be much effective. So please don't direct us to those regarding this request. Otherwise, there are a lot of free question examples already in internet which we can and will look into in our own time.

Again, overall we appreciate your effort and I understand the limitations of this teaching approach, but even though you are a great instructor; since we are more than 100 people, this is necessary to cover the many concerns & random questions of the students during the sessions. I reckon that most of us might be leaving the session with many questions and concerns in mind about some of the topics and forgetting many of them next day.

Finally, I trust that you take this as a constructive comment on the teaching approach in general, than a comment directed to you. Also, hoping this long and exhaustive message would still properly convey that it's just a kind and very required request from my side rather than a criticism.

Thanks again,
Cansin
Dear Cansin,

Thanks for your note.

I do not think my reply will be more than few sentences but will address your concern.

We have house full of mix of people and we need to cater to everyone, there are people who still need to understand basic.

The Q&A are happening as we are building momentum, so the approach I take is incremental approach, like few people are jumpimg the slides as we have already build the momentum you will see set of questions and answered explained from exam point of view in next sessions.

So be patient and watch but is coming your way, at the end of the day approach should be win win and collaborative from the group point of view and you should take it constructively as well.

So far me and Rahul has answered 100% of questions and we will do the same in next sessions with questions also taken and addressed from exam point of view.

Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Dear Cansin,

Thanks for your note.

I do not think my reply will be more than few sentences but will address your concern.

We have house full of mix of people and we need to cater to everyone, there are people who still need to understand basic.

The Q&A are happening as we are building momentum, so the approach I take is incremental approach, like few people are jumpimg the slides as we have already build the momentum you will see set of questions and answered explained from exam point of view in next sessions.

So be patient and watch but is coming your way, at the end of the day approach should be win win and collaborative from the group point of view and you should take it constructively as well.

So far me and Rahul has answered 100% of questions and we will do the same in next sessions with questions also taken and addressed from exam point of view.

Regards
Also in addition to that you can see some examples of some very tricky calculation based and based on critical path network diagram to be drawn from a table given and find a critical path I have already started posting in this thread, have u gone through them? Please go through them they are tricky and real exam type questions, of-cousre class based Q&A based on two lessons we have covered is coming your way.

Hope that helps

Hello Vishal and/or Rahul. I just received an email that stated to:
Click the button below to login to your account and access assigned course(s).

However, I did not see an assignment. Was that simply auto generated? Thanks.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hello Vishal and/or Rahul. I just received an email that stated to:
Click the button below to login to your account and access assigned course(s).

However, I did not see an assignment. Was that simply auto generated? Thanks.
Rahul please help with this one as it is not course material related.

Hello Sir, on last HOTSPOT question, i did not understand well. request you to please explain if possible.
1. How do you get to know that D, where the team is /
2. How A, B,C, D and E related to Forming, storming and all/
please suggest

1622310079400.png

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Also in addition to that you can see some examples of some very tricky calculation based and based on critical path network diagram to be drawn from a table given and find a critical path I have already started posting in this thread, have u gone through them? Please go through them they are tricky and real exam type questions, of-cousre class based Q&A based on two lessons we have covered is coming your way.

Hope that helps
Dear Cansin,

Hope you enjoyed the session with Real Life Sinearios and questions which were pretty close to real exam, this is what I was humly requesting that Q&A close to real exam like questions are on your way. Hope you are happy now.

Thanks and Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hello Sir, on last HOTSPOT question, i did not understand well. request you to please explain if possible.
1. How do you get to know that D, where the team is /
2. How A, B,C, D and E related to Forming, storming and all/
please suggest

View attachment 16570
Dera Shekhar,

We have not seen Tuckman Ladder yet, once you see than you can relate to the answer.

The Hrizontal Axix is Project Time........ and w.r.t to that below is the answer:

D) Area D represents the performing stage of the team development model, where the team’s performance is at its highest level. Teams that reach this level of development function as well-organized units. The team members are interdependent and work through issues smoothly and effectively. The scenario closely matches this description, making performing the best answer to the question asked.

Read the Question and Read the answer, The Project Manager is impressed how well the team member colloborate and work through issues smoothely anf efficteley that happend performing stage of the project.

Hope that clarifies and make you happy

Thanks and Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
As a project manager, what do we do with Semi-finished/Unfinished deliverables if a project gets terminated?
Hi Kumar, Irrespective of Project is completed or Terminated you still have to to Project Closure as that is important aspect of Project Management.

You will be using a Project Closure Template or so called Project Closure Checklist and will perform following:

A) Record the status of each milestone/deliverable
B)Provide note for semi-finished/Unfinished deliverables with reason/justification for example Project halted by Business
C) Record if there are other unattended issues
D) Take Sign-off on the document from relevant people
E) Call for Project Close meeting
F) Put the Lesson Learned Document
G)Release the resources

Circulate the MOM of Closure meeting and circulate the Close Out meeting MOM and the final signed-off closure doc to everyone concerned.

Please note Project Closure is not done only if you deliver everything on project it is important to do project closure in case of Semi-finished/Unfinished deliverables which is often neglected, also lesson learned doc also be done as project is terminated.

Thanks and Regards

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Please raise Ticket for any queries, Team will assist you.
Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Can you please explain the impact and probability Matrix chart? Also please help in understanding the range for low , medium and high risk ( for positive and negative risk). Based on what values we will be able to mark the area in the chart in exam?

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Do we have any legal implication of earning profits for distributing beta version to early customers?
Hi Prashansa,

As you know usually beta product vrsion are not for profit, I gave an example of beta version to get feedback from early audience and
then build that feedback to get the Version1 with minimum justifiable usabel functionality in the product which can be released ro early
customers in the market in Context with MVP (Minimum Viable Product).

So it is two step process I explained :

Use the beta version to get feedback from early audience, build the feedback in Version 1 to be released to early customer of the market with
minimum usbale functions. (MVP)

It depends upon company to company doing beta testing, some companies pays for tester to do Beat Testing.

Hope that will help.

Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
What are the difference between Risk Tolerance and Risk Appetite?
Risk Tolerance: The maximum amount of risk, and the potential impact of that risk occurring, that a project manager or key stakeholder is willing to accept.

Example: If a company decided that it does not accpet the risk to take hybrid approach as it would have resulted in losses on the project, this is an example of that the company do not have risk tolerance for taking risk by going on hybrid approach.

Risk Appetite: The degree of uncertainty an organization or individual is willing to accept in anticipation of a reward.
If the organization has high Risk tolerance they may take agressive decision in anticipation of reward or hvae
more likelthood also to face dangerous consequences

Example: If an organization decide for willingness to accpet the risk that will have impact of revenue drop from existing customer but has the greater probability of getting new customers from the new project, that will be an example of Risk Appetite.

Hope this is clear now.

Thanks and Regards

Hi; Thanks for pointing, that was a typo corrected, but main thing was examples in each category kept to explain which are still same.

Last edited:

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Vishal, Point B in below figure is actually below UCL and LCL, what could be the correct answer?

View attachment 16561
Hi Chirag,

That is true, point B is below both UCL and LCL, that is correct answer. Go to earlier slide point A is above UCL. The other sineario can be point B may be below UCL and above LCL or Point B maybe above UCL. In the cases it is deviating from any of the contorl limits it will represent instability and you need to find out cause of variance and address it.

Thanks and Regards

Last edited:

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Can you please explain the impact and probability Matrix chart? Also please help in understanding the range for low , medium and high risk ( for positive and negative risk). Based on what values we will be able to mark the area in the chart in exam?
Hi Prashansha,

Let us see the matrix as below to understand it better and then you can better corelate it to example in the slides.

1622430637164.png

In Probability and Impact Matrix we will be using the probability and impact scores for each risks for assigning priority to better handle risks on our projects.

Example: A risk which has a high probability of occurring and which will also have a high impact on the project objectives will be prioritized in high risk category and we need to do a risk response for it.

On the other hand say If a risk has a moderate probability and the impact estimation of this risk is major, a moderate probability and major impact, for that the associaetd risk rating in the above matrix will be "Medium".

You can use colors to show visual indications of the risks, for example Red Color means High Priority Risk and need to be mitigated or needs a Response Plan immediately

Hope that helped to clarify the concept.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi Prashansha,

Let us see the matrix as below to understand it better and then you can better corelate it to example in the slides.

View attachment 16638

In Probability and Impact Matrix we will be using the probability and impact scores for each risks for assigning priority to better handle risks on our projects.

Example: A risk which has a high probability of occurring and which will also have a high impact on the project objectives will be prioritized in high risk category and we need to do a risk response for it.

On the other hand say If a risk has a moderate probability and the impact estimation of this risk is major, a moderate probability and major impact, for that the associaetd risk rating in the above matrix will be "Medium".

You can use colors to show visual indications of the risks, for example Red Color means High Priority Risk and need to be mitigated or needs a Response Plan immediately

Hope that helped to clarify the concept.

Regards
Thank you sir for explanation.

Risk Appetite: The maximum amount of risk, and the potential impact of that risk occurring, that a project manager or key stakeholder is willing to accept.

Example: If a company decided that it does not accpet the risk to take hybrid approach as it would have resulted in losses on the project, this is an example of that the company do not have risk appetite for taking risk by going on hybrid approach.

Risk Tolerance: The degree of uncertainty an organization or individual is willing to accept in anticipation of a reward.
If the organization has high Risk tolerance they may take agressive decision in anticipation of reward or hvae

Example: If an organization decide for willingness to accpet the risk that will have impact of revenue drop from existing customer but has the greater probability of getting new customers from the new project, that will be an example of Risk Tolerance.

Hope this is clear now.

Thanks and Regards
Hi Prashansa,

As you know usually beta product vrsion are not for profit, I gave an example of beta version to get feedback from early audience and
then build that feedback to get the Version1 with minimum justifiable usabel functionality in the product which can be released ro early
customers in the market in Context with MVP (Minimum Viable Product).

So it is two step process I explained :

Use the beta version to get feedback from early audience, build the feedback in Version 1 to be released to early customer of the market with
minimum usbale functions. (MVP)

It depends upon company to company doing beta testing, some companies pays for tester to do Beat Testing.

Hope that will help.

Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi All,

For any support related query pleae follow below steps, ask me for any queries related to subject matter covered in class:

Please follow the steps below to raise,

"Help and support" ticket.

>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Thanks and Regards

Risk Appetite: The maximum amount of risk, and the potential impact of that risk occurring, that a project manager or key stakeholder is willing to accept.

Example: If a company decided that it does not accpet the risk to take hybrid approach as it would have resulted in losses on the project, this is an example of that the company do not have risk appetite for taking risk by going on hybrid approach.

Risk Tolerance: The degree of uncertainty an organization or individual is willing to accept in anticipation of a reward.

Example: If an organization decide for willingness to accpet the risk that will have impact of revenue drop from existing customer but has the greater probability of getting new customers from the new project, that will be an example of Risk Tolerance.

Hope this is clear now.

Thanks and Regards
Sir as per PMI Student Manual, The definition given by you for Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance is just reverse. Could you and confirm.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Sir as per PMI Student Manual, The definition given by you for Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance is just reverse. Could you and confirm.
Risk Tolerance: The maximum amount of risk, and the potential impact of that risk occurring, that a project manager or key stakeholder is willing to accept.

Example: If a company decided that it does not accpet the risk to take hybrid approach as it would have resulted in losses on the project, this is an example of that the company do not have risk tolerance for taking risk by going on hybrid approach.

Risk Appetite: The degree of uncertainty an organization or individual is willing to accept in anticipation of a reward.

Example: If an organization decide for willingness to accpet the risk that will have impact of revenue drop from existing customer but has the greater probability of getting new customers from the new project, that will be an example of Risk Appetite.

Hope this is clear now.

Thanks and Regards

Hi; Thanks for pointing, that was a typo corrected, but main thing was examples in each category kept to explain which are still same.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I downloaded and extracted files through course files from PMI portal but those didn't include presentation slides. Vishal had mentioned and showed a folder called 'Overheads' during our first session - this folder wasn't present with the files extracted. It the same with you all?

@Rahul Kumar Mondal - would you be able to assist with this?
Can anyone help with this?

@vishal_nd(4693104)
Hello Vishal,

While submitting the PMP application, we have to write our project experiences description. I have gone through a few forums and YouTube around writing this but everywhere it is being explained as per the predictive approach which suggests one to write their experience so that it maps to IN, PL, EX, MC, CL, and mentions few key terms in each of the areas.
I mostly have experience around Agile/Hybrid projects. Could you please suggest what should be the format for the description of an Agile/Hybrid project?