Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP® | May 15,16,22,23,29,30 Jun 5,6,12 | Vishal Kanoongo

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hello Subash,

My take is from my limited understanding on this matter that same as well as people suggesting you, so in place of going by methodology go by area in which you have done work like change management, integration management, comminication management etc.

Simple reason for that is that people in PMI who will evaluate your application might not be agile guys and if you do not put it in format as suggested by PMI there might be problems with interpreting that in right context.

Hi Vishal,

PMBOK 7 is out. I have scheduled my Exam on 29th July. My preparation is based on PMBOK6 and LOCHOICE student manual. Do you think exam pattern will change after having new edition. Do you also suggest me to read PMBOK 7 Guide as well
Thanks

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Vishal,

PMBOK 7 is out. I have scheduled my Exam on 29th July. My preparation is based on PMBOK6 and LOCHOICE student manual. Do you think exam pattern will change after having new edition. Do you also suggest me to read PMBOK 7 Guide as well
Thanks
Hi, This is question based on PMI guidelines, see below, go to through it specially point no. 17.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Kumar,

Please write to PMI Customer-care on latest guidelines on 7th Edition of PMBOK in relation with PMP Certification Exam.
Normally you will get latest information in 2 to 3 Days,

Once you get the information please share it with the group here.

Thanks

Hi Kumar,

Please write to PMI Customer-care on latest guidelines on 7th Edition of PMBOK in relation with PMP Certification Exam.
Normally you will get latest information in 2 to 3 Days,

Once you get the information please share it with the group here.

Thanks

Thanks Vishal.

I got this reply from them. I am just quoting few of them.

"The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool"

"The current version of the PMP exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references."

"You can take help from PMBOK seventh edition also as it is released already."

"Both versions is available on PMI website. Candidates can use it as a reference."

"We strongly recommend that candidates refer to the current Exam Content Outline for up-to-date information about preparing for certifications. Information about PMI certifications and future changes can be found at pmi.org/certifications."

"As you have studied from PMBOK 6th edition and LOCHOICE, it is also good."

Rajat_Kumar

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Thanks Vishal.

"The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool"

"The current version of the PMP exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references."

"Both versions is available on PMI website. Candidates can use it as a reference."

"We strongly recommend that candidates refer to the current Exam Content Outline for up-to-date information about preparing for certifications. Information about PMI certifications and future changes can be found at pmi.org/certifications."

Thank you Vishal for regularly helping the learners.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Thanks Vishal.

Thank you for update Kumar it helps others.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Scrum of Scrums (SoS), also known as “meta-Scrum,” is a technique used when two or more Scrum teams consisting of three to nine members each need to coordinate their work instead of one large Scrum team.
A representative from each team attends a meeting with the other team representative(s), potentially daily but typically two to three times a week.

The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) focuses on providing a knowledge base of patterns for scaling development work across all levels of the enterprise.
SAFe® is focused on the following principles:
Take an economic view.
Apply systems thinking.
Assume variability; preserve options.
Build incrementally with fast, integrated learning cycles.
Base milestones on objective evaluation of working systems.
Visualize and limit work in progress, reduce batch sizes, and manage queue lengths.
Apply cadence; synchronize with cross-domain planning.
Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Yes! both are available. On top you can find PMBOK 7 for download, and at bottom PMBOK 6 is available for download.
Hi,

The student who recently passed the exam provided the input may be useful for you:

The student studied as below:

"1. Simplilearn self learning videos
2. PMPBOK
3. Agile guide
4. Student Prep Manual
5. Rita Mulcahy few topics and tricks for trade
6. Simplilearn mock test with my best score as 75%

I studied daily for 3hrs at night and more on weekends and prepared notes

Last three days of the exam I read my notes and Student Prep Manual."

Hope that helps.

Regrads

Hello Vishal,
In PMBOK 6 I read that Lesson Learned register is an examples for Explicit Knowledge. Then I am just wondering where do we manage or capture the Tacit Knowledge what we capture as a PM during one 2 one Private discussion with various stakeholders.

Meenakshi_69

Hi Vishal

I am govt. servant and having 15 years of experience as stenographer. I don't have experience in project management. So, How can I show my experience while applying for pmp exam?

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Hi, Please raise ticket, Team will assist you regardingly.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"
Can someone post guidelines to file an application for PMP exam?

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

If you have taken the PMI Membership and looking for Agile Practice Guide search with the help of note below from one of the Member:

"I downloaded the PMBOK, but it (or at least the version I downloaded) did not have the Agile Practice Guide at the back. I went to the site marketplace.pmi.org and I did a search for the Agile Practice Guide. I found it in the list of items returned. I clicked on the link and was able to download the PDF version for free as I am a PMI Member. It is password protected, but I have it."

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Students,

Please see as requested by few of you to make your Custom Study Plan as per you family and work commitments.

Hope that helps, we will discuss in class tomorrow:

Plz see below illustrative example of Study Plan Template:

(Customize the below in an Excel Sheet for your Study Plan)

A) Domain Task Resource(PMI slides/Spotlite Videos/SL Videos) Date of Study Time Spent(Hours)

1) People

2)Process

3) Business Environment

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Total 200-300 Hours in Two to Three Months
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

B) Read PMBOK 6th Edition. Start Date: End Date:

C) Read Agile Practise Guide Start Date: End Date

D) Mock Test Planning:

Mock Test 1. Date: Score

Mock Test 2. Date: Score

Mock Test 3: Date: Score

Mock Test 4: Date: Score
Mock Test N; Date: Score

Consistently Score 75% or Above in mock tests and you can think of Taking the Exam.

Last edited:
On the PMP Exam prep, I came across some questions requiring me to use a data provided on Pg 86 of the Activity 2-3.

Please where can I find it? Please help. Thank you.

Hi Guys!

I am very happy to share with you that today I have given the PMP exam and passed with “Above Target” in all three domains.

Thank you Vishal for clearing my doubts whenever I needed it.

Will share my experience and strategy in details later.

Best Regards