PMP Application Process

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Mukesh Sahu, Jul 29, 2017.

1. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Hi - I answered your question in this thread. As long as you and your reference reach concensus, and as long as your work describes what you did, leading and directing, PMI will be comfortable. They are most comfortable when the hours you estimated fit within expectations of the length of the project and the estimates to the general tasks you described make sense.

_33858 likes this.
  2. WingKi Kessell

WingKi Kessell Customer
    Customer

Hi
    I am a PM in technology and the company I worked for 8 years ago as a PM no longer exists because they went into receivership.
    Therefore their contact details no longer exist.

Can I still put them onto my application?

3. tim jerome

Trainer

Contact PMI - in the front of the handbook, there is an email (customercare@pmi.org), as well as phone numbers. THese folks rock. They regularly work with credential aspirants to determine feasibility of using these hours. A reference is someone in reasonable authority who can stand for you and understands your work; there are options.

Thanks for your question -

4. _27743

_27743 Member

I filled the application. Attaching my application. Can someone review the same please and confirm asap

Attached Files:

5. _20131

_20131 Member

Do i only need to submit the certificate for evidence of education or do i also need to get a letter from SimpliLearn

6. kumar Prium

kumar Prium New Member

Hi Mukesh,

I want to get me PMP application reviewed .I have gone trough the thread and based on the suggestion i have tried to create a ticket through help and support but which creating the ticket i am facing a error where it only accepts jpg or png formats.Can you please look into it and share the way forward.I am attaching the screenshot as well

Thanks,

Attached Files:

7. _27458

_27458 Active Member

Hi, started filling the application form. My first experience as Lead is for 20 months. While entering the details, it is seen that full experience is not being considered in the application. Can simplilearn help me on this? Attached a screen shot of the same. it is showing 20 months vs 6 months (Actual vs Qualified).

Attached Files:

8. Sakshi Goyal

Sakshi Goyal New Member

Hi Mukesh,
    I have emailed my PMP application at getcertified@simplilearn.com. Kindly review and revert.
    Many Thanks!

9. _9248

_9248 Member

Hello Mukesh, Simplilearn team,

Planning to complete PMP in next 2 months.
    Specifically for 6th Edition, have downloaded Practice test papers, classroom materials etc available.
    Apart from this, any PDF / sheet available on Formula used in 6th edition -
    example :
    1. Basic EVM Formula
    2. Cost Management Plan
    3. Basis of Estimate
    4. Project Charter template
    5. Activity Attributes
    6. 4 days exercise after Cost / Quality Management

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
    Sohini

10. _38228

_38228 Member

Thanks Mukesh!!!! That's really helpful:)

11. _32927

_32927 Member

Emails are bouncing.. Also in Help & support, there is no provision to send application PDF file. Please guide.

12. Moghul.

Moghul. Well-Known Member
    Alumni

Please allow us 24 to 48hrs. Concern SME will assist you on this.

13. tim jerome

Trainer

How many projects is not a criteria. I would recommend for any estimates working with your reference and agreeing a reasonable analysis of documenting the work. Here are the details:

• You don't need the job title "Project Manager".
    • You do need to have performed the work of leading and directing project work.
    • Your reference should be comfortable with your estimates and project description.
    • PMI likes to see the 4,500 hours across the last 3-8 years, so you can easily document less than 40 hours per week - that's the idea anyway. It gives you great experience in both operations (organizational repeated work) and project work.
    To see examples of 'leading and directing project work - look to the document "Exam Content Outline" - it shows a great overview of what PMI considers leading the project in short, succinct descriptions (link here).

14. Janie Hoang

Janie Hoang Member

I just tried to send my PMP application to getcertified@simplilearn.com for reviewing before submitting it. However, my email is bounced with mail message below.

"We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (getcertified) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
    * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
    * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
    * This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at https://support.google.com/a/simplilearn.com/bin/topic.py?topic=25838."
    Is there a different way to send in my application for reviewing?

Thank you very much!

15. Janie Hoang

Janie Hoang Member

Has this one been resolved? I experienced the same issue. Thanks.

16. Lalitha P

Lalitha P New Member

Sir,

I have sent my PMP Application. Please review and provide feedback.
    Thanks,
    Lalitha

Attached Files:

17. _39027

_39027 Active Member

Hi,
    I am currently on Maternity leave from Mar 2018 and will be appearing for PMP exam in Dec/Jan before joining office. So there is no work experience from March. So how do I mention this gap in the application?

18. tim jerome

Trainer

No. In fact, PMI expects you to have such gaps; we have times where we are not working on projects. PMI expects we had this experience across the last 3-8 years.

_39027 likes this.
  19. _39027

_39027 Active Member

Thanks Tim. One more question, I have worked on two similar projects in different time duration, so the responsibilities remain same. Hence the description of project responsibilities will be similar in those projects. Hope this is fine.

20. tim jerome

Trainer

PMI will look for the tasks you did, and also how the individual projects reflected the dissimilarities. For instance, they'll throw a red-flag up if they see that the two projects look like a 'copy and paste' exercise. do your diligence, you'll be fine.

_39027 likes this.
  21. _40360

_40360 Member

Hello,
    Question 1: At which time of the application process does the payment request appear?
    Question 2: I'm willing to becaome a PMI Member also because its fee is fully recovered on the exam cost. When is the best time to become a PMI Member? Before starting the application or between application submission and the payment request (mentioned at question 1)?
    Question 3: If I save the application process to be continued later will I be able to make any change to it then?

Thanks
    Marco

22. tim jerome

Trainer

1. payment request is after application is approved and after audit, if you're selected.
    2. In order to maximize account access, pay for membership before paying for your exam, in order to take advantage of discount - just before.
    3. You can go back to the application and update, as well as continue.

_40360 likes this.
  23. _41187

_41187 New Member

Hi all. I have a question please. i need info regarding the 4500 hrs of project management experience. How many years back? and does it have to be consecutive? Is it ok if the last projects i managed were 6 years ago?

24. tim jerome

Trainer

Generally, PMI prefers about 3-8 years. That's enough time to gain experience in both projects and operational work.

25. _40360

_40360 Member

Hi, I've sent my application with few questions to the email address getcertified@simplilearn.com to ask for your kind validation.
    I've received an instant answer to that saying "...the group you tried to contact (getcertified) may not exist....".
    In case you haven't received my email could you give me suggestion on how I could share my application with you?

Thanks
    Marco

26. Moghul.

Moghul. Well-Known Member
    Alumni

We have replied back. Please share the form again.

_40360 likes this.