Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP | Aug 21,22,28,29, Sep 4,5,11,12,18 | Sreidhar

Ankit Gupta_44

Process, to prepare for the exam. It was shared by Sreidhar in the earlier batch;

1) Firstly, read through PMBOK once(Cursory is fine). Have an understanding broadly. Then look at the pattern of arrangement of Processes(49) w.r.t Process group and knowledge area. Then, look at common ITTO across each process group. Take the help of RITA chapter wise for exercises. This will give you a fair idea of the framework. Then start focusing on AGILE PRACTICE GUIDE. You have an option here-Go through AGILE guide given in the PMBOK itself or separately the APG shared with you. Don't get overwhelmed by the size of the content. Proceed slowly till such time you feel you have got the grip on the concepts. Look at how the practices are different between Waterfall and Agile.
2) Then proceed to LOCHOICE platform of PMI. Go through the STUDENT PREP GUIDE. Focus on the Guidelines foe each section (1-5).
3) Spot light videos
4) Mock Questions given in the Prep guide
5)More Mock questions (follow links shared in the class)

Your ability to address different type of questions, Careful evaluation of choices is the only sure way of getting confident.

A lot of complex challenges since the advent of covid pandemic. new projects to meet virtual requirements and reduction of on site projects

Hello all... I am Shweta Singh .
Like all of you , i am too looking foreword to learn all aspects of PM and earn the certificate.
All the best to us :)

Dear Sreidhar,

Please share the excel sheet which you have shown yesterday on section wise domain mapping.
Also the day wise schedule plan for training.

Hello Ankit, my profile portal shows 8 Live classes sessions are left from our total 9.
However, it does not give me any credit for the Live class i attended yesterday: 0%

Is this normal or how can this be rectified?

Anurag Rai

Alumni
Process, to prepare for the exam. It was shared by Sreidhar in the earlier batch;

1) Firstly, read through PMBOK once(Cursory is fine). Have an understanding broadly. Then look at the pattern of arrangement of Processes(49) w.r.t Process group and knowledge area. Then, look at common ITTO across each process group. Take the help of RITA chapter wise for exercises. This will give you a fair idea of the framework. Then start focusing on AGILE PRACTICE GUIDE. You have an option here-Go through AGILE guide given in the PMBOK itself or separately the APG shared with you. Don't get overwhelmed by the size of the content. Proceed slowly till such time you feel you have got the grip on the concepts. Look at how the practices are different between Waterfall and Agile.
2) Then proceed to LOCHOICE platform of PMI. Go through the STUDENT PREP GUIDE. Focus on the Guidelines foe each section (1-5).
3) Spot light videos
4) Mock Questions given in the Prep guide
5)More Mock questions (follow links shared in the class)

Your ability to address different type of questions, Careful evaluation of choices is the only sure way of getting confident.
Hi all,

You may post your queries over here.
Where do we download the simplilearn slides, PDFs & other resources provided by simplilearn? Not able to find the download options anywhere.

Gaurav Deore

Alumni
Hi,

After getting a PMI member, which books & tools and other PMP relevant facilities get available to member?
As I know -
we can download
1. PMBOKGuideAgilePG-6Edition.pdf
2. PMP_Exam_Prep_Manual_Online_20Free_5_1b.pdf
3. AgilePracticeGuide.pdf

Is other any other books or tools, which can help to achieve PMP?

Ankit Gupta_44

Hi,

After getting a PMI member, which books & tools and other PMP relevant facilities get available to member?
As I know -
we can download
1. PMBOKGuideAgilePG-6Edition.pdf
2. PMP_Exam_Prep_Manual_Online_20Free_5_1b.pdf
3. AgilePracticeGuide.pdf

Is other any other books or tools, which can help to achieve PMP?

Anurag Rai

Alumni
Can someone tell me
1) Where to find the Simplilearn slides / PDFs?
2) Once I login to PMI lochoice, how do I navigate to the learning content? I could navigate to spot light but not the full learning material.

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Can someone tell me
1) Where to find the Simplilearn slides / PDFs?
2) Once I login to PMI lochoice, how do I navigate to the learning content? I could navigate to spot light but not the full learning material.
Please find the same in the E-books section

Ankit Gupta_44

Where are the simplilearn slides? I do not see them on the Simlilearn website
Hey Sean, follow these steps please;
1. log in to Simplilearn
2. In the top bar there is an option of "My courses", click on the that
3. In My Courses, you would see your course as "PMP" which has 3 options; My classes, Self Learning and Exam
4. Just click on "Self Learning" and you would be able to access the Simplilearn pre-recorded sessions on Project management
5. If you click on "My classes", you would be able to check the dates on which sessions are going to be held and also able to download the recordings.
6. Finally, if you lick on "exam", then you would be able to access the practice exam containing 180 questions.

Hope you have your answers.

Ankit Gupta_44

I am unable to down the Exam Content Outline -https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/doc...a-9156-4137-a9a6-fd31e19a9668&sc_lang_temp=en. Did anyone else have this issue and is a working link located somewhere else?
JoeAnn - you would be able to download the same from https://pmi.lochoice.com/ and not from PMI.org.
However, you would only be able to access the pmi lochoice portal, once you have received the "key" from Simplilearn.