Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP|Aug 28,29, Sep 4,5,11,12,18,19,25|Ritu Gupta|28/08/2021

Hi can someone help me with the PMi.lochoice website?. Also I’m using the Simplilearn app and I’m not able to see my attendance or the download option for the recordings.

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Attendance and reccordings will be uploaded in 24- 48 hrs if its not done then please do raise a support ticket.

Dave Snehalkumar

Hi all, please guide us, should we have to study both PMBOX 7 + PM BOX 6 for exam or only PMBOX 6.
In Assessment Test 1 to Test 4 are also involved about PMBOX 7 points also ? Appreciate to guide us.

Dave Snehalkumar

Hi all, please guide us, should we have to study both PMBOX 7 + PM BOX 6 for exam or only PMBOX 6.
In Assessment Test 1 to Test 4 are also involved about latest PMBOX 7 points also ? Appreciate to guide us.

5 process group are like the life cycle so easy to remember, Initiate Plan Execute Monitor&Control Close - I PEM CC,
then 10 knowledge group are the triple constraints and the modernization to it i.e. Time, Cost, Scope, and later the 3 more Quality, Resource, Risk so here you got 6 out of 10 now other 3 are procurement stakeholder and communication can be related as stakeholder and communication going hand in hand. and last the 10th is about integrating them all together why we say that is because this knowledge area has process in every Process Group but no other has
(see the chart)
where is the chart can u share it too.

In Assessment Test 1 to Test 4 are also involved about latest PMBOX 7 points also ? Appreciate to guide us.
As per Instructor (Ritu Gupta) there are 3 books which u have to refer, and of those 3 one you have read it 3 times. So If you have registered in PMI.org, you will get access to https://pmi.lochoice.com/, and once you have uploaded the digital key from simplilearn, from there you will get the Student manual highlighted in the below screenshot.
Next get the RIta Mulchahy edition can be referred from Google drive 'https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1GgcmXhupC6BXkw_yJzbOkhf79bxx5UHI'
Third refer the PMBOK Guide as per the community link 'https://ca1lib.org/book/3402201/54091f?id=3402201&secret=54091f'

1630588490602.png

Dave Snehalkumar

Dear All Friends, Good Morning.
Ashok Sir, thanks for sharing with snapshot. In this Student Manual, these Module 0 to Module 5. As per your guidance, need to study 3 times these all Notes Handout. Please correct me ? Thanks in advance.
1630723228125.png

Rashmi Manna

After registering your batch please follow the below instructions to access PMI Digital Key.
LMS Login => Profile => Digital Key => Copy of the Code.

Please follow the instructions to access the Digital Key.
Your Password : [Given in your LMS account]
Username : Your email address

Please make sure you have login credentials for PMI.org.

1. Click here to check if you have ever registered but forgot your username.
2. Click here if you remember your username but forgot your password.
3. Click hereif you want to create a new PMI account.

Please note that, for ease of access, the email address you want to use to create the account on PMI.org must be the same as the email address you are using with Simplilearn.

Once you are ready with your PMI.org credentials, you can proceed with the instructions to redeem the access key.

To redeem the Access Key, please follow these instructions or go through the video link:

1.Walkthrough Video Link
2. Open your Internet Browser (recommended browsers are Firefox, Chrome, and Safari).
3. Visit the URL: https://pmi.lochoice.com or click here. You will see the login page on your screen.
4. Click the Login button to pop up the login window.
5. You will use your PMI.ORG credentials to log in.

Note: If you do not have/remember your PMI.ORG credentials, go back to the beginning of the redemption instruction to create/reset your credentials.

Fill in your PMI.ORG credentials.

6. You are now on the PMI-Choice homepage.
7. If this is your first time logging in, you will need to add your course.
a) Click on Add a Course tile (the big + sign).
b) Enter your Access Key in the pop-up window and click ENROLL.

Note: Access Keys are case sensitive, and each Access Key can only be redeemed once.

8. Upon redeeming your key, you will now see the PMI-Choice homepage with a New Course Tile for PMI PMP Certification Exam Prep Training. Click the course tile for your course to gain access to the electronic components for your course.

If you have questions about redeeming your Access Key(s) or using the platform, you can either call us at 1800-212-7688 or raise a ticket from your Simplilearn account.

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hi can someone help me with the PMi.lochoice website?. Also I’m using the Simplilearn app and I’m not able to see my attendance or the download option for the recordings.
Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Dave Snehalkumar

Good Morning Friends,
Have a nice Sunday.

Are you able to download of last 3 sessions ?

Revathi Madam,
In my app, this link showing ? appreciate to guide me. Thanks in advance.
  • Go to the''Live Classes''tab at the top-left and against the registered batch, you will see the option to - ''Download recordings''

1630801580499.png

Ashok Sir, thanks for sharing with snapshot. In this Student Manual, these Module 0 to Module 5. As per your guidance, need to study 3 times these all Notes Handout. Please correct me ? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 19665
Our instructor Only refers to the 1st one 'PMI Authorized PMP Exam Prep Student PDF' rest can be referred to if required more clarification. Also, the Slides which are shown are brief from the 1st one only, Our instructor refers to that Student manual only, but there is another version If you see the screenshot there is 'previous edition' , there is the same 'Exam Prep Student PDF' is of 404 pages. Of the 3 books , PMBOK, Rita Mulcahy, and Student Manual. the last one is the smallest and brief and can be read thoroughly 3 times,

Dave Snehalkumar

Hi all, are you all able to download all 3 live classes as per NBR Player 2.0 ?
If Yes, please send me links to download ?

Dear @Revanti_17,
During today meeting, I had raised this Q. Appreciate to guide.
See the pics.

1630831745450.png 1630831896450.png

Abhishek A(1947)

Alumni
Hello All

Refer the resource section on the main page, I was looking for details on formulas and more resources like mind mapping etc and I found some details which is helpful. Please refer the link below.

Regards
Abhishek

Dave Snehalkumar

All Friends,

Please correct me. Appreciate to review and guide me. Thanks in advance.

EAC = BAC / CP (Agreed)
ETC = EAC - AC (Not understand ?)
ETC = BAC - AC (Am I right?)

EAC = Estimated At Completion
ETC = Estimate To Complete
BAC = Budget At Completion.

Dear Ritu Madam,
Please accept my apology, but I had doubt ETC Formula in afternoon during our discussion. So, I raised again. Please guide me.
Highly appreciate in advance to clear my doubt.

Hi All,

I was able to understand the formulas for cost an schedule management. However, there is still a confusion related to the formulae to be used while calculating the Estimate At Completion.
Need some guidance here.

Abhishek A(1947)

Alumni
Hi All,
I was going through the exam content of the PMP, so our chart of process groups and phases, mentions 13 Knowledge areas, but it starts from 4 to 13th, i have googled for the no. of Knowledge areas, i m only seeing every where its given 10 knowledge areas. So someone can clarify what i m missing here.

1631376248648.png

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Folks, If your attendance is not reflecting within 48hrs of the live class dates- Please raise ticket

Hi, Please raise ticket, Team will assist you

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Hi All,

I have my exam on Monday, 20th Sep. So please respond as soon as possible.

We need to refer 6th Edition PMBOK or 7th Edition PMBOK

Regards,
Saravanan

Dave Snehalkumar

Dear All,
Good Morning.
I assumed this PMBOX 7th Edition will be consider in exam from Jan 2022.
So, until December 2021, PMBOX 6 is enough.

However, this is my understanding,

All team,

Please provide your also points. So, our own study needs to focus. Either PMBOX 6 or PMBOX 7.
As PMBOX 6 ==> Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, Closing.
As PMBOX 7 ==> Includes more about Tailoring, Quality, Complexity, Stewardship, team, Value, Change Management etc.

Lets hope we will get guidance by our team above query.

Dave Snehalkumar

Dear Ritu Madam,

As per today during class, you mentioned that you will share this group some points as per query and discussion.

Dear Rahul, as per today (Simpliearn team) will share for fill up the form in PMP ORG for exam and membership.

Appreciate to share this link to follow as per rules.

Thanks

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Emotional Intelligence

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Emotions:feelings wheel.jpg
    Emotions:feelings wheel.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 6

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
Funding Limit reconciliation
Organizations have only so much cash to allocate to projects-and no, you can’t have all the monies right now.FLR is an organizations' approach to managing cash flows against the project deliverable based on a schedule, milestone accomplishments or data constraints. This helps and organization plan when monies will be devoted to a project rather than using all of the funds available at the start of the project. In other words, the monies for a project budget will become available based on dates/or deliverable. If the project does not hit the predetermined dates and products that were set as milestones, the additional funding becomes questionable.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer

Composite Organization​

A composite organization blends the functional, matrix, and projectized types of organizations. A composite is just two or more models that are adapted for a special project, for simplicity, or to keep power in check. Most modern businesses are of the composite type.

Two examples to help describe composite organizations are below:

• An organization may deliver one project in a Balanced Matrix way, while another is being performed in a Functional way. They also have yet another project that’s being done as Projectized.
  • A Functional organization needs a small building, and the organization has the capability to construct the building itself. This would become a Composite organization because the organization creates a separate project team to complete this task.

Ritu_Gupta

Alumni
Trainer
•NPV- Higher the better
•IRR-Higher the better
•Opportunity cost- The 2nd best option which we are giving away
•Payback period- Lesser the better
•BCR- >1 is always good i.e. benefits are more than the cost
•Roi- Higher the better
•Sunk Cost- Expended cost (Unrecoverable cost)