Few Ponires here:Hi sir, just want to know, what are the steps/things a new PM should do in early days, when hired by the company?
1) First thing is to see type of Org. you can guess it from weather they have PMO or not.
2) Second is to see OPAs on similar project info, that will give you an idea what other ppl like are doing on these projects
3) Get your self faimiliar with policies, procedures standard templates etc. that will give you good idea how you will uset them
4) In initial days we a good listener first to get the right info and make informed decision and then take on from there.
5) Make a network with peers and other important stakeholders.
And do all things mentioned above keep you ears and eyes open.