Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Batch 12,13,19,20,26,27 June, 03,04,10 July Vishal Kanoongo

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
You can dowload some free Project Management Templates Here:

Free Project Management Templates by Project Management Docs

Free project management templates developed by PMP certified Project Managers, each organized according to PMBOK process group. Download today!
www.projectmanagementdocs.com
www.projectmanagementdocs.com

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi, Please raise ticket for any support related issue, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Some Facts about Agile Projects:

In agile projects we have a high-level plan, they are descriptions of features and functions which are in product backlog.

We build prototypes that we repeatedly review with stakeholders for feedback, and through this continuous feedback, we refine our high-level stuff into definitions of requirements, scope, duration, cost, risk and quality.

The objective is to start in the work with high-level estimates, and quickly refine into what is needed on the product.

That is why we talk about MVP(Minimum Viable Product) and MBI (Minimum Business Increment) in agile.

So therefore we say agile apprroach is iterative, change based, adative, incremental and so on.

Regards

Kartika Hussain

Hi Vishal,

Can please share the agile supplements. So far, you just posted the difference between predictive and agile methodology. Can share anything else that will assist our understanding and prep us for exam purposes?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Kartika

Kalpana Sarode

Dear vishal Sir,
let me begin with thanking you for wonderful sessions. As discussed, in the class request you please let me where can i find the recorded session.
thank you looking ahead for your reply.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
hi i missed the sunday session. W
when are we expecting the recorded video? Thanks
Hi, Please raise ticket for any support related issue,Support Team should assist you. I will answer any queries on the course subject matter I am covering in class. Thank you.

>Login to LMS account,
>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Vishal,

Can please share the agile supplements. So far, you just posted the difference between predictive and agile methodology. Can share anything else that will assist our understanding and prep us for exam purposes?

Thanks
Kartika
Hi,

You have to get your set of PMBOK, Agile Practise Guide and Digital Key for PMI slides, it can not be shared.

Please open a support ticke to get your stuff.

Thanks and Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Sir,

In the map_to_eco pdf it is mentioned like
Manage conflict
• Interpret the source and stage of the conflict 4D. Which document i need to check for this topic..is it PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep course?
How to get this
Hi,

These are slides or so called student manual which you get through your digital key from PMI site.
Open a support ticket to get your key.

Thanks and Regards

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Dear vishal Sir,
let me begin with thanking you for wonderful sessions. As discussed, in the class request you please let me where can i find the recorded session.
Hi,

For recosrdings you have to open a support ticket, please open a ticket as per process given below, I can answer any query related to the course.

>Login to LMS account,
>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
hi i could not find the google drive link anymore.
was it deleted? thanks!
Hi,

For access to any material please open a ticket there is a sperate team looking in to this as TA informed you on the session.

>Login to LMS account,
>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

These are slides or so called student manual which you get through your digital key from PMI site.
Open a support ticket to get your key.

Thanks and Regards
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Dear vishal Sir,
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Dear vishal Sir,
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi Vishal,

Thanks
Kartika
Agile Suppliment and is a Lic. Copy you have to buy your own.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Pfa the files on each chapter it will recap the stuff and summarize the guidelines.

Attachments

• Creating a High-Performing Team.pdf
    127.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Doing the Work.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Keeping the Business in Mind.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Keeping the Team on Track.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Starting the Project.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 14

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Please see some good notes on:

Funding Limit reconciliation

Organizations have only so much cash to allocate to projects-and no, you can’t have all the monies right now. FLR is an organizations' approach to managing cash flows against the project deliverable based on a schedule, milestone accomplishments or data constraints. This helps and organization plan when monies will be devoted to a project rather than using all of the funds available at the start of the project. In other words, the monies for a project budget will become available based on dates/or deliverable. If the project does not hit the predetermined dates and products that were set as milestones, the additional funding becomes questionable.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
A good note below:

Difference between audit and inspection

INSPECTION

An inspection is generally made of closed questions. The answer options are “yes” or “no”. Its role is to evaluate closely a product or a facility based on specific requirements, design… To do so, the inspector needs a plan and a check-list (this is the case for formal inspections only).

Factory inspection example: The inspector evaluates the building. It includes checking the fire tenders, exit doors, etc.

Product inspection example: The inspector will evaluate the quality of the produced goods. During a pre-shipment inspection, the quality controller picks a sample (following the AQLtable) or the complete batch depending on the client’s requirements. Then he/she/they check the products’ appearance and specifications, including some other special requirements from the client, and test them.

AUDIT
The audit examines the factory processes and performance based on standards & specific guidelines. It is like doing a survey: a neutral point of view. The objective is to identify the compliance & non-compliance to some specifications, standards, contractual agreements or other criteria.

An audit is made of observation. It inspects the equipment and processes based on the written procedures. To ensure the reality is in line with the “theory” (written procedures) it is quite common to interview employees about their working procedures.

Audits important output is the non-conformity list (minor and major). It allows to define action plans to improve the implemented system. Audits can be internal or external.

Example of ISO 9001 Audit It is based on the ISO 9001 standard and focuses on a supplier’s Quality management system: factory, service, company, etc. The auditor checks the documented procedures, forms and processes implemented. And most importantly, it looks for records: proves of the processes’ implementation.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Many people are now asking about the 7th Edition of PMBOK w.r.t exam, see my understanding from PMI guidelines:

"How does the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition impact the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam?

The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool. The new PMP® exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references.

The new exam has been planned for some time and is not related to the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition."

Hope that helps

saurabh_259

Dear All,

This forum is created for PMP 2021 information and queries for this batch.

Please feel free to post you queries here.

Thanks and Regards
Sir,
I have just joined and am very new to this.
Am confused as to what should be the 'sequence' of study.
Whether first we should attend the training sessions and then review the material from PMI OR vice versa?
It would be great if you can share your view so that I and many others who are new can get a right direction as to how to start.
Currently what we have available with us is training sessions, recordings, PMP Prep PDF available in PMI and handouts available in PMI.
Looking forward to your positive response.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Sir,
I have just joined and am very new to this.
Am confused as to what should be the 'sequence' of study.
Whether first we should attend the training sessions and then review the material from PMI OR vice versa?
It would be great if you can share your view so that I and many others who are new can get a right direction as to how to start.
Currently what we have available with us is training sessions, recordings, PMP Prep PDF available in PMI and handouts available in PMI.
Looking forward to your positive response.
Hi,

You can read the material from PMI before class.

After the classes are over read the material in detail again as exam is mapped to PMI slide material

Watch spotlight Videos on PMI Lochoice

Read PMBOK sixth Edition

Read Agile Practice Guide

Optional Read if you want another good book Rita Mulcahy 10th Edition.

Watch Simplilearn Videos.

Everyday study around 2 to 3 hours and more in weekends make your notes, cheat-sheets and flashcards

Attempt Questions from PMI Lochoice and Mock Tests from Simplilearn start scoring around 75 to 80%.

2 to 3 days before the exam read your notes and PMI study material again.

Hope that helps, key to success is remain committed and sincere in your effort.

saurabh_259

Hi,

You can read the material from PMI before class.

After the classes are over read the material in detail again as exam is mapped to PMI slide material

Watch spotlight Videos on PMI Lochoice

Read PMBOK sixth Edition

Read Agile Practice Guide

Optional Read if you want another good book Rita Mulcahy 10th Edition.

Watch Simplilearn Videos.

Everyday study around 2 to 3 hours and more in weekends make your notes, cheat-sheets and flashcards

Attempt Questions from PMI Lochoice and Mock Tests from Simplilearn start scoring around 75 to 80%.

2 to 3 days before the exam read your notes and PMI study material again.

Hope that helps, key to success is remain committed and sincere in your effort.
Thanks a lot! This will help to get a good start!

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Many people are now asking about the 7th Edition of PMBOK w.r.t exam, see my understanding from PMI guidelines:

"How does the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition impact the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam?

The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool. The new PMP® exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references.

The new exam has been planned for some time and is not related to the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition."

Hope that helps
Hi,

Pfa below links I also suggest contacting PMI on their email and phone on latest guidelines.

_1860

Hi Vishal,

Today i got access to this link after raising helpline ticket as earlier it let me into different link, anyway now i see lot of documents you posted which was discussed on class. I will come back with my queries