Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Batch Jun 21,22,23,24,25,28,29,30, Jul 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,12,13,14 Vishal Kanoongo

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi, Please raise ticket for any support related issue, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Some Facts about Agile Projects:

In agile projects we have a high-level plan, they are descriptions of features and functions which are in product backlog.

We build prototypes that we repeatedly review with stakeholders for feedback, and through this continuous feedback, we refine our high-level stuff into definitions of requirements, scope, duration, cost, risk and quality.

The objective is to start in the work with high-level estimates, and quickly refine into what is needed on the product.

That is why we talk about MVP(Minimum Viable Product) and MBI (Minimum Business Increment) in agile.

So therefore we say agile approach is iterative, change based, adative, incremental and so on.

Regards

Last edited:
Pleae use this forum for queries after our PMP work shop
Sir, regarding Agile Vs. Predictive or Waterfall Model. I have no idea on what Agile/Waterfall is all about... So through the PMP certification course here, what are we practicing, Agile or Waterfall? Requesting clarification as I am noticing agile requirements in many job openings for which I want to apply.

Hello Vishal, can you help provide the sequence for document preparation in a project lifecycle. The blank forms downloaded from PMI are listed as below like during Initiation, planning etc. I understand we are not following this approach for PMP preparation, but some guidance would help understand the sequence of activities. Thanks a lot!

The files included are:
* Activity List.docx
* Project Charter Template.docx
* Project Management Plan.docx
* Requirements Document.docx
* Requirements Traceability Matrix.xlsx
* Risk Register.xlsx
* Scope Statement.docx
* SOW Template.docx
* Stakeholder Register Template.docx
* WBS.docx

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Sir, regarding Agile Vs. Predictive or Waterfall Model. I have no idea on what Agile/Waterfall is all about... So through the PMP certification course here, what are we practicing, Agile or Waterfall? Requesting clarification as I am noticing agile requirements in many job openings for which I want to apply.
We get knowledge about both Predictive and Agile

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi How to access the student manual?
Plz open a support ticket:

Help and support" ticket.

>Login to LMS account,

>Select "other"

Hello SIr,

I am project manager in Refinery and we are implementing small reliability or GRM upgraded projects average 120 Nos. per year which are very minor projects. how can i mention above project in exam preparation form?
pl. advice

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Where do we find the recorded lectures? Where do we find the document on Team Charters?
Once you login to the LMS in the live class exactly below the date you will find a green tick mark click on it and you can view the recordings.
Kindly use the below links to download the NBR media player :

Windows: https://akamaicdn.webex.com/client/WBXclient-31.5.1-12/nbr2player.msi
MAC: https://akamaicdn.webex.com/client/WBXclient-31.5.1-12/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg

Attachments

• Capture123.PNG
    Capture123.PNG
    53 KB · Views: 28

Suraj Kurup

Plz open a support ticket:

>Login to LMS account,

>Select "other"

thanks for the reply

SHAMBHU PRASAD CHAUDHARY

Alumni
Hello Vishal, can you help provide the sequence for document preparation in a project lifecycle. The blank forms downloaded from PMI are listed as below like during Initiation, planning etc. I understand we are not following this approach for PMP preparation, but some guidance would help understand the sequence of activities. Thanks a lot!

The files included are:
* Activity List.docx
* Project Charter Template.docx
* Project Management Plan.docx
* Requirements Document.docx
* Requirements Traceability Matrix.xlsx
* Risk Register.xlsx
* Scope Statement.docx
* SOW Template.docx
* Stakeholder Register Template.docx
* WBS.docx
Vishal Sir, Kindly spare some time to share requested documents (few sample file) PDF etc to understand how exactly these documents looks like. Preferably based on your own experience.

You have been worked on many projects and are still consultants of many projects so you can help us all.
Thanks & Regards.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Dear Vishal,
I was not able to get the contents from following link
Hi,

Open a support ticket.

>Login to LMS account,

>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Vishal Sir, Kindly spare some time to share requested documents (few sample file) PDF etc to understand how exactly these documents looks like. Preferably based on your own experience.

You have been worked on many projects and are still consultants of many projects so you can help us all.
Thanks & Regards.
Hi check below:

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hello SIr,

I am project manager in Refinery and we are implementing small reliability or GRM upgraded projects average 120 Nos. per year which are very minor projects. how can i mention above project in exam preparation form?
pl. advice
You need to demonstrate whay you did in this project which is contribution as PM role.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Can you give example of Blackout in any other industry apart from software......majorly wanted to know if it is relevant in EPC projects...
As a concept Blackout is when Business is not functioning as usual, let us say because of flood Business could not function that will be
Blackout period as well.

Let us take an example of blackout in financial markets it is when employees will be prohibited for buying/selling shares.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Where do we find the recorded lectures? Where do we find the document on Team Charters?
Open a support ticket.

>Login to LMS account,

>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Also i need to know where i can get my recordings of lecture? can you share link, i do not have access to https://pmi.lochoice.com/default.aspx?ClientId=178 this link also
I am mantor/instructor and cover lic. course material from PMI please.

For this you need to get in touch with simplilearn support, see below process to open a ticket:

Open a support ticket.

>Login to LMS account,

>Select "other"

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
can you help me with Project life cycle flow, which can help us to identify phases or next step.
Hi as informed to you in the introduction class Exam is mapped to slide and new struture is based on PMI lic. material given to instructor and students is based on domains....People, Process and Businees Env.

PMBOK 6th edition is one of the references, you need to read the PMBOOK 6th edition yourself.

If you want to understand what do we do in different phases from the project management point of view see below:

Initiating Process Group: Develop Project Charter
Planning Process Group: Develop Project Management Plan
Executing Process Group: Direct and manage project work, Manage Project Knowledge
Monitoring and Controling: Monitor and Control Project work, Perform Integrated Change Control
Closing process group: CloseProject or Phase

Thx

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
I am mantor/instructor and cover lic. course material from PMI please.

For this you need to get in touch with simplilearn support, see below process to open a ticket:

Open a support ticket.

>Login to LMS account,

>Select "other"

Thanks for helping the learner @vishal_nd(4693104)

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Attached are the pdf versions of the GUIDELINES with overall gist of each chapter. These are good to recap few important pointers in short time.

Thx

Attachments

• Creating a High-Performing Team.pdf
    127.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Doing the Work.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Keeping the Business in Mind.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Starting the Project.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Keeping the Team on Track.pdf
    132.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
A good note below:

Funding Limit reconciliation

Organizations have only so much cash to allocate to projects-and no, you can’t have all the monies right now. FLR is an organizations' approach to managing cash flows against the project deliverable based on a schedule, milestone accomplishments or data constraints. This helps and organization plan when monies will be devoted to a project rather than using all of the funds available at the start of the project. In other words, the monies for a project budget will become available based on dates/or deliverable. If the project does not hit the predetermined dates and products that were set as milestones, the additional funding becomes questionable.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Difference between audit and inspection a good note:

INSPECTION

An inspection is generally made of closed questions. The answer options are “yes” or “no”. Its role is to evaluate closely a product or a facility based on specific requirements, design… To do so, the inspector needs a plan and a check-list (this is the case for formal inspections only).

Factory inspection example: The inspector evaluates the building. It includes checking the fire tenders, exit doors, etc.

Product inspection example: The inspector will evaluate the quality of the produced goods. During a pre-shipment inspection, the quality controller picks a sample (following the AQLtable) or the complete batch depending on the client’s requirements. Then he/she/they check the products’ appearance and specifications, including some other special requirements from the client, and test them.

AUDIT
The audit examines the factory processes and performance based on standards & specific guidelines. It is like doing a survey: a neutral point of view. The objective is to identify the compliance & non-compliance to some specifications, standards, contractual agreements or other criteria.

An audit is made of observation. It inspects the equipment and processes based on the written procedures. To ensure the reality is in line with the “theory” (written procedures) it is quite common to interview employees about their working procedures.

Audits important output is the non-conformity list (minor and major). It allows to define action plans to improve the implemented system. Audits can be internal or external.

Example of ISO 9001 Audit It is based on the ISO 9001 standard and focuses on a supplier’s Quality management system: factory, service, company, etc. The auditor checks the documented procedures, forms and processes implemented. And most importantly, it looks for records: proves of the processes’ implementation.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Many people are now asking about the 7th Edition of PMBOK w.r.t exam, see my understanding from PMI guidelines:

"How does the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition impact the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam?

The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool. The new PMP® exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references.

The new exam has been planned for some time and is not related to the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition."

Hope that helps

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Sequence of study recommended from me for your study after the class:

After the classes are over read the material in detail again as exam is mapped to PMI slide material

Watch spotlight Videos on PMI Lochoice

Read PMBOK sixth Edition

Read Agile Practice Guide

Optional Read if you want another good book Rita Mulcahy 10th Edition.

Watch Simplilearn Videos.

Everyday study around 2 to 3 hours and more in weekends make your notes, cheat-sheets and flashcards

Attempt Questions from PMI Lochoice and Mock Tests from Simplilearn start scoring around 75 to 80%.

2 to 3 days before the exam read your notes and PMI study material again.

Hope that helps, key to success is remain committed and sincere in your effort.

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

Many people are now asking about the 7th Edition of PMBOK w.r.t exam, see my understanding from PMI guidelines:

"How does the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition impact the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exam?

The PMBOK® Guide is an input to preparing for the PMP® exam – and is listed as a reference – but it is not a test-preparation tool. The new PMP® exam, which launched 2 January 2021, will continue to use the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as one of several references.

The new exam has been planned for some time and is not related to the release of the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition."

Hope that helps
Hi,

Please see below, I will also suggest contacting PMI or their phone and email in addition to this:

HI, Please see estimate exercise below. my solution id different in numbers from recommended solution. Please advise if this is correct.

Attachments

• estimate exercise.png
    estimate exercise.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 27

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hello Team,

Please see below the table of activities and durations and how to arrive on a netwrok diagram and calculate critical path from table:

Sequence below is : Activity Predecessor Duration(Days)
A - 2
B A 4
C B 6
D B 5
E. C 4
F D 3
G D 7
H F,G 8
I E,H 10

Ans: (Tip: To make calculation easy put duration next to activity)
As per network Diagram Below:
A2,B4,C6,E4,I10 = 26 Days
A2,B4,D5,F3,H8,I10 = 32 Days

#A2,B4,D5,G7,H8,I10 = 36days is Critical Path
Remember the definition Critical Path is the longest path in the network and minimum duration required to complete the project
So minimum duration required to complete this project is 36 Days

Attachments

• 1625248223967.png
    1625248223967.png
    272 KB · Views: 22

vishal_nd(4693104)

Alumni
Hi,

How to read material:

After the classes are over read the material in detail again as exam is mapped to PMI slide material

Watch spotlight Videos on PMI Lochoice

Read PMBOK sixth Edition

Read Agile Practice Guide

Optional Read if you want another good book Rita Mulcahy 10th Edition.

Watch Simplilearn Videos.

Everyday study around 2 to 3 hours and more in weekends make your notes, cheat-sheets and flashcards

Attempt Questions from PMI Lochoice and Mock Tests from Simplilearn start scoring around 75 to 80%.

2 to 3 days before the exam read your notes and PMI study material again.

Hope that helps, key to success is remain committed and sincere in your effort.