PMP exam preparation

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Sandeep Narayanappa, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Sandeep Narayanappa

Sandeep Narayanappa New Member
    Alumni

I purchased mock tests from Simplilearn to test my preparation level. Before that I have read PMBOK three times and Rita Mulcahy's "PMP exam prep" eight edition for one time by answering the questions after each chapter.
    But mock tests from Simplilearn helped to understand the situational based questions and how to answer.
    I gained confidence after taking 4 complete mock tests from Simplilearn.

Carson likes this.
  2. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

That's good to hear Sandeep. Our objective has been to help participants prepare for the certification exam.

3. Praveenkumar E

Alumni

Make sure you are getting ~80% in the mock test so that you will not have any problem with the real exam :)

4. Bernice Taylor

More and more people taking the exam are realizing that the PMP exam is more than answering ITTO (Inputs -> Tools and Techniques -> Outputs) type of questions.

There is another breed of questions, which are giving a lot of grief to PMP aspirants. These are rather long, and situational questions. Such questions provide you with a lot of background information, and assess your PM Skills with the given problem. Actually, these questions are really trying to test you on your Problem Solving skills - which is an essential must have for project managers.

5. Carson

Carson Active Member

And, these situational questions is where the exam candidate will most often fail as they are likely looking for a straight forward, fact/knowledge based question, rather than one dealing with a 'real life job scenario' that situational questions often cover.