Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Prep Dec 18 - Jan 26 (Tim)

This thread is for Tim's PMP class (PM IST, AM US). Feel free to ask questions, raise issues, and discuss all topics PM / PMP, the exam.
[Hi Tim, this is Meena and understand the concepts with the new exam as I am business manager. I have tried PMP in the current format two times, but failed. I have been doing the pm challenge in projectmangement.com. Is there any additional prep work I can do during the holidays. I am looking forward to your classes starting in January. Thank you

Alpa Sharma

Alumni
Hi Tim

What form of organization is used in large, modern corporations?
SELECT THE CORRECT ANSWER

Matrix
Composite
Functional
Projectized

Ans is Matrix , why not Composite ?

This thread is for Tim's PMP class (PM IST, AM US). Feel free to ask questions, raise issues, and discuss all topics PM / PMP, the exam.

Hi Tim, could you share the link for the Code Of Ethics on PMI's site. A search on that site gave a number of results including articles and white papers, not sure which one we should be referring to.

Eman Soliman

Hello,

I'm registered for this course but unfortunately I was not able to attend the first class. Please I would like to check if this course will cover the new 2021 exam changes. I tried to have a look at the recordings but it is without voice!

I would also appreciate if you can share with me the resources of the course

Regards,
Eman

Tim, Could you please give an example for share understanding for a project. Here is an example of a project I am working on which is a projectized environment and multiple OU's are involved to deliver the project.

The team leads tend to lead to go to the corner of their own OU's. How can I make everyone to come up with a shared understanding?

Last edited:
Hi Tim

Matrix
Composite
Functional
Projectized

I don't think it is just matrix
Hi Tim

Matrix
Composite
Functional
Projectized

I m not sure if the options are correct as Matrix just means " an environment or material in which something develops". Strong, weak, hybrid, balanced, virtual are a few matrix structures I found in the book. In my opinion, depending on the organization and level of importance given to PM's role, modern corporations are either strong, Balanced (or) hybrid. It's hard to narrow this down further unless we have more details about the functionality of the organization. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank u

_28009

Hi Tim
Is this batch trained by you? I attended today, but it seems not trained by you. I really want to join your session. Can I still join from next session>
Thanks
JIn

The question says large, modern corporation hence matrix.
I still don't agree. The size of the organization does not determine its type. It is possible to determine the appropriate answer only by knowing the PM's level of authority. Therefore the validity of the question is questionable.

Ex: WSP is a consultant firm (large organization) which is a projectized organizational structure and not a matrix

Last edited:

Aditya Pattewar

Hi Tim, I think at the end of last session you said, we have to do some assignment before next session of 1/4. Can you please confirm is there any assignment for us before next session of 1/4?

Hi Tim, I plan to take the exam as soon as possible after classes are concluded, what do you advise me to do in parallel with classes to gain time?
Like Bassem, I also will be taking the test asap after the class. Currently, I am using the "Professional Prep PMP PHR CAPM" app that supposedly provides the latest questions. It states, "The content version is based on the PMP Examination Content Outline for the 2021 exam version". I don't know if this is the best app / material to use, but I am using it based on 1800 ratings of a 4.8. Is there any particular material / app that you strongly recommend to study.

In the class on 8th Jan, @tim jerome, you mentioned one example of hybrid where product design may follow predictive and marketing may follow the agile within the same project. My question is not pertaining to the same example but a very general one - Why don't we have two (or more) projects with separate methodologies instead of calling them a big single project with a hybrid methodology?

Souheil Nasser

Dear Tim,

I've been trying since last Thursday to access LMS with no hope.
LMS is down since then, showing blank page, i couldn't download the latest recorded session nor the notes.
I communicated this problem to Nitish from simplilearn, he could not help.

Please advise.

Souheil Nasser

tim jerome

Trainer
In the class on 8th Jan, @tim jerome, you mentioned one example of hybrid where product design may follow predictive and marketing may follow the agile within the same project. My question is not pertaining to the same example but a very general one - Why don't we have two (or more) projects with separate methodologies instead of calling them a big single project with a hybrid methodology?
You certainly can, and there will be many reasons to do so, instead of keeping them as a single project.

• Business reasons.
  • Organizational reasons.
  • Functional reasons.
  • Expert reasons.
  • Risk and quality reasons.
I only used that as a demonstration hypothetical. There are times where different phases may use different methodologies because it naturally makes sense. That's all I was trying to convey.

Hi Daniel, can you please tell me where you got this prep app from? Thank you
If you go to the Apple App Store and search for "PMP" it is called "Professional Prep PMP PHR CAPM" - in January when it updated it self with questions from the 2021 PMP test. It has great reviews, but I don't know how close the questions are to the 2021 test. None of the reviews are from 2021.

Hi Tim,
I have started my PMP examination application using my work resume.

Can I submit the application now or Simplilearn needs to see it before submission?
Thanks

Sampda

Like Bassem, I also will be taking the test asap after the class. Currently, I am using the "Professional Prep PMP PHR CAPM" app that supposedly provides the latest questions. It states, "The content version is based on the PMP Examination Content Outline for the 2021 exam version". I don't know if this is the best app / material to use, but I am using it based on 1800 ratings of a 4.8. Is there any particular material / app that you strongly recommend to study.
Hello Daniel,
Could you please share the exact name of that app, I couldn't find the same. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sampda

tim jerome

Trainer
Simplilearn doesn't need to see the application. If you desire, contact support and they can route your application for review. It's totally your preference.

Regards,

Hi Tim,

I am currently attending your class (Dec 18 to Jan 26).

Can I attend Simplilearn "online assessment" now, in the absence of materials?

Thanks,
Jare

Rashmi_99

Hi Tim,
I am interested to join your class. I am planning for the exam in FEB-21. I tried to join this batch but the registration got full.
Appreciate it if you can provide information about your next batch to join

Nitesh Bhuwania

Customer
Customer
Hi Tim, I came across this question in PMChallenge. When we discuss Project Procurement Management, we take the role of _____. The options were buyer, seller, both, none. I selected buyer but the answer shown was both. I am little confused as to why in Procurement, our role be that of a seller. Can you please help clarify this?

Hi Tim, I wanted to ask you whether the new study material from PMI will include Simulation Exams, or, alternatively, will the 7 simulation exams from Simplilearn be updated to reflect the new exam content? When preparing for the previous version of the exam, I found these simulations extremely helpful, unfortunately I was not able to attempt the actual exam before the changes took place.

Aman_125

In Simplilearn > PMP Class > Certificate : It says "Your Certificate is Locked" To Unlock your Certificate: Attend 1 Class (Attend 80% or more of 1 Class) , status: Yet to start .

What does this mean ? I have completed all 18 sessions of this class, what do I need to do next for this Simplilearn certificate ?

Sampda

In Simplilearn > PMP Class > Certificate : It says "Your Certificate is Locked" To Unlock your Certificate: Attend 1 Class (Attend 80% or more of 1 Class) , status: Yet to start .

What does this mean ? I have completed all 18 sessions of this class, what do I need to do next for this Simplilearn certificate ?

Hello Aman,

I am facing the same issue, I had joined one class 20 minutes late, hence system is showing that as a missed class. You can go through 8 hrs of self paced training material in order to unlock the certificate I assume.

Thanks,
Sampda

If you go to the Apple App Store and search for "PMP" it is called "Professional Prep PMP PHR CAPM" - in January when it updated it self with questions from the 2021 PMP test. It has great reviews, but I don't know how close the questions are to the 2021 test. None of the reviews are from 2021.
Thank you fir your help. Much appreciated

Hello Sudipta,

I received the key on 27th Jan, 2021. You can check spam or junk if haven't received already .

Thanks,
Sampda

Dear Sampda, I haven't received anything yet, not even in spam, can you just tell if the email is from simplilearn or PMI?

Thank you

Hi Tim,

I received my key access to the PMI new curriculum but I am not able to find the presentations. It has few blank templates for Risk MP, Stakeholder MP etc. and a summary + Activity PDF. The PDF is not much in detail in comparison with the PPTs from the class. Is there a way I can access that content?

Aman_125

Hello Aman,

I am facing the same issue, I had joined one class 20 minutes late, hence system is showing that as a missed class. You can go through 8 hrs of self paced training material in order to unlock the certificate I assume.

Thanks,
Sampda
Hi Sampada,

Thanks for sharing, Were you able to unlock you Simplilearn certificate ?

Sampda

Hi Sampada,

Thanks for sharing, Were you able to unlock you Simplilearn certificate ?
Hello Aman,

I haven't completed the Self paced learning course yet. However I registered for another class. Just wondering if attending 1 session of another class will allow me to unlock the certificate ?!!

Thanks,
Sampda

_35271

Hello, still haven't received PMI key and class ended a week ago today. Contacted SimpliLearn Support (ticket created), Account Management, and even PMI. Nobody seems to know what I am requesting.

Thank you, I didn't receive it yet, and support is not replying to my ticket.

Regards;
Bassem
I have the same issue. Nothing received from either Simplilearn nor PMI, and I have two open tickets on the issue and no response has been received from Simplilearn. Is there a direct number to contact them at?

Hello Bassem, It's from learnersuccess@simplilearn.in. Thanks, Sampda
Hello Bassem,

It's from learnersuccess@simplilearn.in.

Thanks,
Sampda
Thank you, I didn't receive it yet, and support is not replying to my ticket.

Regards
I have the same issue. Nothing received from either Simplilearn nor PMI, and I have two open tickets on the issue and no response has been received from Simplilearn. Is there a direct number to contact them at?
No I don't have their direct number. I would have called long ago

@tim jerome
Hi Tim,

As noted above, a number of people from the class have already received their access keys to the materials while a handful of us still haven't. We have raised multiple support tickets on the issue (I have raised 3 myself) but none of them have been addressed yet. Is there any way you can help the few of us who are struggling to get the study materials? This delay is impacting our ability to prepare and attempt the exam at the earliest possible.
A response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Guys,
Is anyone reading the Rita Mulcahy 9th edition. Is it still valid? Previously I was planning to read Mulcahy and refer PMBOK as required, but with the arrival of new material from PMI, what should be the strategy to learn? Insights called upon from fellow members.

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me please what is required from him to unlock the certificate other than attending the live classes batch?

Thank you.