Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Prep Feb 22 - Mar 17 (Tim)

Suyash2055

HI Tim, In case we are unable to download the study material at end of the day, where can we find it later time to download it ?

Hello Tim, I clicked on the link for the Survey Monkey, but it must have timed out as it said the page I was looking for was not available. I was reflecting on the chat discussion regarding questions. Questions are good as generally there is more that one person thinking the same thing. Often, though, the questions being asked are going to be covered later in your presentation, or in the coming days. It may be advantageous to time-block the questions, say at the end of a 25 minute block. This way you can stay on track with your train of thought and still cover the questions being asked. Just a suggestion.

Hi Tim (2 thumbs up for you, enjoyed your first-day teaching) You told us to follow the PMP Examination Content Outline, but each task is referred to Sections (A, B, C, D,..) what book or where I can find those sections.

For example Domain 1: People
Manage Conflict: 4D?
Lead team: 4A?

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

_6096

Hi,
I attended the session yesterday, but the site says 0 sessions attended. anyone else having same issue?

Hello Tim, I clicked on the link for the Survey Monkey, but it must have timed out as it said the page I was looking for was not available. I was reflecting on the chat discussion regarding questions. Questions are good as generally there is more that one person thinking the same thing. Often, though, the questions being asked are going to be covered later in your presentation, or in the coming days. It may be advantageous to time-block the questions, say at the end of a 25 minute block. This way you can stay on track with your train of thought and still cover the questions being asked. Just a suggestio
I do have the same thought, this make sense. Hope the entire batch will agree to it.

Rohit Panjabi

Tim, where can I find the code to download PMBOK materials from PMI website. I haven't received an email from Simplilearn with this code

Hello Tim, I clicked on the link for the Survey Monkey, but it must have timed out as it said the page I was looking for was not available. I was reflecting on the chat discussion regarding questions. Questions are good as generally there is more that one person thinking the same thing. Often, though, the questions being asked are going to be covered later in your presentation, or in the coming days. It may be advantageous to time-block the questions, say at the end of a 25 minute block. This way you can stay on track with your train of thought and still cover the questions being asked. Just a suggestion.
I agree. Moreover the questions are often OFF-topic and they break the focus. Sometimes we don't go back to finish the discussed slide to answer basic questions as: where to find the materials. I think Charles idea is great. Using a specific Q&A time may be very useful to address the on-topic questions and to avoid repetitions.

Hello All,

I would like for us, as a team, to try to put into practice some of the things that Tim has been teaching us. I think that we need to look at our class as a team. Our project is to prepare for the PMP examination. In application of the material, I would like to propose that we negotiate and come to a consensus on a “Team Charter” to help us all facilitate our ability to achieve the deliverable to everyone’s satisfaction.

Assumptions (things given to be true without discussion)

1) SimpliLearn has been doing this education for a while
2) Simplilearn is a PMI accredited institution
3) Simplilearn has put together a lesson plan that will achieve the end state of exam preparation
4) Tim has both the technical and tactical knowledge to present the material to facilitate our success
5) Over the course of the established class, ALL of the necessary material will be covered

Ground rules
1) Questions are good, as more than one person is probably thinking the same thing
2) Material from the session notes from the previous day needs to be reviewed
a) This reinforces the material covered
b) This helps us review previously asked questions
3) Asking or Restating previously asked questions takes away time from achieving our end-state
4) We should allow Tim the ability to answer questions at intervals so that he is not interrupted in his line of thought
5) This course, and the examination, does not deal with specific issues we each may face in our specific circumstance
a) We should keep specific issues out of the chat
b) We SHOULD use the forum for the specific issue discussion
i) This will broaden all of our knowledge
ii) This will free Tim to cover the material
iii) This will help put into practice the aspects of what we are learning
6) We need to use the forum as our team’s interaction
a) Due to the diverse geographical representation we each should try to check the forum at a minimum of 3x between class sessions
b) We should help each other apply the generalities discussed in class to the specifics brought up

In writing this, I am not saying that this is what we should do. I am just proposing this as a starting point for discussion and negotiation. Maybe by Friday, 26 FEB, we can arrive at an agreed upon charter through adding to/editing what I have started here.

What say you all?

For the good of the group,
Chuck

Hello All,

I would like for us, as a team, to try to put into practice some of the things that Tim has been teaching us. I think that we need to look at our class as a team. Our project is to prepare for the PMP examination. In application of the material, I would like to propose that we negotiate and come to a consensus on a “Team Charter” to help us all facilitate our ability to achieve the deliverable to everyone’s satisfaction.

Assumptions (things given to be true without discussion)

1) SimpliLearn has been doing this education for a while
2) Simplilearn is a PMI accredited institution
3) Simplilearn has put together a lesson plan that will achieve the end state of exam preparation
4) Tim has both the technical and tactical knowledge to present the material to facilitate our success
5) Over the course of the established class, ALL of the necessary material will be covered

Ground rules
1) Questions are good, as more than one person is probably thinking the same thing
2) Material from the session notes from the previous day needs to be reviewed
a) This reinforces the material covered
b) This helps us review previously asked questions
3) Asking or Restating previously asked questions takes away time from achieving our end-state
4) We should allow Tim the ability to answer questions at intervals so that he is not interrupted in his line of thought
5) This course, and the examination, does not deal with specific issues we each may face in our specific circumstance
a) We should keep specific issues out of the chat
b) We SHOULD use the forum for the specific issue discussion
i) This will broaden all of our knowledge
ii) This will free Tim to cover the material
iii) This will help put into practice the aspects of what we are learning
6) We need to use the forum as our team’s interaction
a) Due to the diverse geographical representation we each should try to check the forum at a minimum of 3x between class sessions
b) We should help each other apply the generalities discussed in class to the specifics brought up

In writing this, I am not saying that this is what we should do. I am just proposing this as a starting point for discussion and negotiation. Maybe by Friday, 26 FEB, we can arrive at an agreed upon charter through adding to/editing what I have started here.

What say you all?

For the good of the group,
Chuck
100% agree with you.

Hello Tim,
I hope this finds you well.
I was able to download the PMBOK guide, but could not see where the Agile guide was contained in what I downloaded based upon the contents. Also, I could not find the Agile Guide link on the site. Could you please provide me a link for the Agile guide?
I did the math, as you suggested, and came to the conclusion that becoming a member was very advantageous. Thanks for the tip.

Take care,
Chuck

Ethics, authority & conflict management
I would like to discuss more the issue of ethics, lack of authority, conflict management and how all of these coexist. In positions where we are subordinate to a individual who is compromised either in terms of ethics or conduct how do we address this without being a "whistleblower" per say, I think that there must be a more gradual approach than this (it seems to be the nuclear option)? Negotiating with perceived or actual superiors is something I would like to study further, maybe specific resources to recommend or insight experience from the class?

Hello Tim,
I was able to download the PMBOK guide, but could not see where the Agile guide was contained in what I downloaded based upon the contents. Also, I could not find the Agile Guide link on the site. Could you please provide me a link for the Agile guide?
I did the math, as you suggested, and came to the conclusion that becoming a member was very advantageous. Thanks for the tip.

Take care,
Chuck
Hello Chuck!
How are you doing.
Could you upload PMP 2021 updated slides to google drive and let me know once done.
For some reasons I can't access it although I can see the updated interactive videos.
Thank you so much.

Hi Tim

Recorded session is not working even after installing NBR software. it says NBR no longer supports playback of downloaded arf files
Hello Lakshmi,
Are you able to download slides from the learning resource section?
If yes, would you mind sharing it on google drive or dropbox ?
Thank you so much
Nader

I would like to discuss more the issue of ethics, lack of authority, conflict management and how all of these coexist. In positions where we are subordinate to a individual who is compromised either in terms of ethics or conduct how do we address this without being a "whistleblower" per say, I think that there must be a more gradual approach than this (it seems to be the nuclear option)? Negotiating with perceived or actual superiors is something I would like to study further, maybe specific resources to recommend or insight experience from the class?
Hi Christy,
Interesting problem. I have found that the best approach is a combination of actions: Approach the individual and try to logically convince them of the issues/errors and inconsistencies in their behavior with the ethics policy in place. they may not realize they are violating the code of ethics. Hopefully this helps. If this does not, then you and a couple of people readdress the issue in a similar low-key manner. If this does not work, depending on the level of the ethics issue and how that is affecting the team/production, you may have to use the "whistleblower" path.

I have found that, when going head to head/toe to toe with a supervisor, I need to be sure all of my ducks are in a row, and I have the backing to support my position. Most of the time, my efforts have been positively received. In one case, years later the individual sought me out and thanked me for the correction I had given earlier. He said that it made a life-lasting positive impression on him and he became a better leader for it.

@tim jerome

Hello Tim,
I like to request and recommend if you or Simplilearn can add practice Q/A at the end of every live session (for the topics cover that day) will highly helpful for us to get inline and go with through study of those topics.
A short set of questions will work for us 5 -10 questions.
As the session note only leaving us with some new terms for which we have to go back and do random search in the PMBOK which again increase the confusion.
Thank you

Kawal Joshi

Hi Tim

Recorded session is not working even after installing NBR software. it says NBR no longer supports playback of downloaded arf files
Hi, when I contacted the Simplilearn team with the same issue, they sent me the following email and it resolved it. -

"We would like to recommend you to uninstall the existing NBR player and download the player from the below link to play the video or you can download it from the LMS itself.

Windows: https://www.webex.com/content/dam/wbx/global/bin/nbr2player.msi
macOS: https://akamaicdn.webex.com/client/WBXclient-40.6.6-7/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg
(The version of the macOS must be equal to or greater than 10.11)"

I hope this helps.

Hello Chuck!
How are you doing.
Could you upload PMP 2021 updated slides to google drive and let me know once done.
For some reasons I can't access it although I can see the updated interactive videos.
Thank you so much.
Hey Lakshmi. The PMBOK guide is itself, password protected. As far as following the class, there is the free student guide, which you can get through the SimpliLearn site. It tracks exactly with what Tim is teaching. You can download that, and follow there. Sorry I could not be of more help, but I hope this is enough.
Take care,
Chuck

There was a question on a study plan. Here is mine:
1) watch the self-learning videos with the Student Guide
2) watch the live session with the Student Guide
3) download Tim's Session Notes
4) Write my own study notes by reviewing Tim's notes with the Student guide and Spotlight Videos: solidifying my comprehension from the day's material
5) Header my notes based upon the EOC categories

This will take a total of about 7 hours / day, but I see it as an investment to achieve the end state of Knowledge for the exam and the profession

Can anyone post a link to Session Notes for 2-24-21
?
Here is the link to the drop box. The notepad notes are cumulative. Tim breaks down each day with the Date/Time group, but the notepad has all of the sessions on it.

Questions for the day are similarly broken down. The dates are descending, with the most current date at the top and our first session at the last.

I hope that this helps.

Take care,
Chuck

Hello Tim,

Take care,
Chuck
HI Chuck,
The Agile Guide is Free from PMI if you have your membership paid (you pay your own membership, Simplilearn only pays for the Key Code to access LOChoice where we get our Student Manual, videos, checklist, etc.). The Agile Guide had been downloadable free from the Agile Alliance, it was free about a month ago. But now Agile Alliance includes the Agile Guide with their own membership and it is no longer free.

The print version is a pretty thin book, about a half inch thick. It is only $26 on Amazon, if you want a print copy. I use both so I can study it both ways.

Here is a link to PMI combo eBook. It has both PMBOK and AGILE Practice Guide (which is the Agile manual)

The PMBOK with Agile is downloaded from PMI, but you need to log in with your PMI password to download

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Here is the link to the drop box. The notepad notes are cumulative. Tim breaks down each day with the Date/Time group, but the notepad has all of the sessions on it.

Questions for the day are similarly broken down. The dates are descending, with the most current date at the top and our first session at the last.

I hope that this helps.

Take care,
Chuck
Thanks Chuck! Now I understand. The notes for every class are all within the text document titled Feb 22. Thanks!

HI Chuck,
The Agile Guide is Free from PMI if you have your membership paid (you pay your own membership, Simplilearn only pays for the Key Code to access LOChoice where we get our Student Manual, videos, checklist, etc.). The Agile Guide had been downloadable free from the Agile Alliance, it was free about a month ago. But now Agile Alliance includes the Agile Guide with their own membership and it is no longer free.

The print version is a pretty thin book, about a half inch thick. It is only $26 on Amazon, if you want a print copy. I use both so I can study it both ways.

Here is a link to PMI combo eBook. It has both PMBOK and AGILE Practice Guide (which is the Agile manual)

The PMBOK with Agile is downloaded from PMI, but you need to log in with your PMI password to download

Hope this helps.
Hey Una,

I downloaded the PMBOK, but it (or at least the version I downloaded) did not have the Agile Practice Guide at the back. I went to the site marketplace.pmi.org and I did a search for the Agile Practice Guide. I found it in the list of items returned. I clicked on the link and was able to download the PDF version for free as I am a PMI Member. It is password protected, but I have it. Thank you for the follow up.

Hoping you are well. Take care,
Chuck

Anjana Varghese

Customer
Customer
Hello Tim,

Take care,
Chuck
Hey Chuck,

Attached the agile guide. Hope this helps.

Take care,
anjana

Attachments

• AgilePracticeGuide.pdf
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 17

Prema.M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
@ Lakshmi,
Please note,that session slides can be viewed from recordings,apart from this session notes
from Tim would be shared at the end of every session,under the chat window,kindly refer to
the same.

Drishti Shrivastava_1

Customer
Customer
Hi Tim! I would like to discuss the below practice question from Doc- PMI Authorized PMP Exam Prep.
Q- In a multi-phase project, when are assumptions validated and risks analyzed?
Options:
A. At the end of the project
B. At the beginning of each phase
C. At the end of each phase
D. As specified in the Project Governance Document

The correct answer given in the Solutions is B. I would like to know why D is not 'more' correct?
1615060027678.png

Hi

I don't have the slides what Tim is sharing in the class. I have the handbook only.
Tim responded to this question in the Class .txt file. He is not permitted to share the PowerPoint Slides he projects in the session. He said that the slides are taken from the content in the Student Guide "PMI Authorized PMP Exam Prep". Here is his note :
"The slides are trainer assets, and the information is duplicated in a PMI-
published student manual. You can find these inside your PMI content account.
You will be able to access this account once you have your PMI account
code from Simplilearn."