Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Prep Feb 22 - Mar 17 (Tim)

Tim (or anyone),
How does one think through these to know which is correct (red is incorrect)? In PMBOK dictionary risk audit is clearly defined and risk reassessment is not in the dictionary. There is only one instance of "reassessment" in the PMBOK which is very brief, very brief mention of "reassess" instance in the handbook in relation to impediments, obstacles and blockers. Are the exam questions this bad?
Thanks for your help to understand dealing with these,
Christy
1615818153014.png

Hi Tim! I would like to discuss the below practice question from Doc- PMI Authorized PMP Exam Prep.
Q- In a multi-phase project, when are assumptions validated and risks analyzed?
Options:
A. At the end of the project
B. At the beginning of each phase
C. At the end of each phase
D. As specified in the Project Governance Document

The correct answer given in the Solutions is B. I would like to know why D is not 'more' correct?
View attachment 14474
Hi Drishti,
I made the same mistake.
Assumptions and risks are not part of the Project Governance document. Assumptions are recorded in Assumptions Log and updated throughout the project, but created initially within Project Charter.
Project Governance is the framework on how project decisions are made, who's responsible, policies, regulations, etc.

So, I understand that when you sign up with PMI, you get both the PMBOK and the Agile Practice Guide. Is the content in the Agile Practice Guide part of the certification exam, and if so, what is the best way to study the material in the document to prepare for the exam?

Prema.M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi Anjana,

Please raise a help and support ticket.
If you have already raised ,kindly let me know the ticket no so that I can assist
you accordingly.

tim jerome

Trainer
Tim (or anyone),
How does one think through these to know which is correct (red is incorrect)? In PMBOK dictionary risk audit is clearly defined and risk reassessment is not in the dictionary. There is only one instance of "reassessment" in the PMBOK which is very brief, very brief mention of "reassess" instance in the handbook in relation to impediments, obstacles and blockers. Are the exam questions this bad?
Thanks for your help to understand dealing with these,
Christy
View attachment 14643
Go to the process 'Monitor Risk' in the PMBOK - I think it's around p. 450-455. It should list and describe this technique.

dear Simplilearn,
as I have mentioned early that the practice test is not aligned with the latest PMI PMP2021 exam pattern.
It does not contain: ''a combination of, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank'' which are part of the exam in 2021.
i have tried 3 of the practice test non of them are having exam pattern align with ECO.

In fact, i am getting fake replies from Simplilearn.

you are requested once again to update the practice as per the latest ECO.

Prema.M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
@Ankit ,kindly note if you have updated the latest version of PMP course ,then I am
sure you would able to access the updated assessments that are designed by the Subject matter
experts and aligned as per the PMI guidelines.

For a better clarity you can also raise a help and support ticket request.

tim jerome

Trainer
What is the passing score for the PMP test.? I'm finding conflicting information on this topic.
It's not shared publicly. I highly doubt there is one passing score, since the questions are all random.

I tend to look at it from a "I am ready to pass the exam" standpoint, which is more under our control. Data has proven to me that 80-85% correct with confidence, focus and proper time management are indicators you're ready to take the exam.

dear Simplilearn,
as I have mentioned early that the practice test is not aligned with the latest PMI PMP2021 exam pattern.
It does not contain: ''a combination of, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank'' which are part of the exam in 2021.
i have tried 3 of the practice test non of them are having exam pattern align with ECO.

In fact, i am getting fake replies from Simplilearn.

you are requested once again to update the practice as per the latest ECO.
@Support Simplilearn(4685) @Escalated Support Cengage @shaaban mohammed

It's not shared publicly. I highly doubt there is one passing score, since the questions are all random.

I tend to look at it from a "I am ready to pass the exam" standpoint, which is more under our control. Data has proven to me that 80-85% correct with confidence, focus and proper time management are indicators you're ready to take the exam.
Will do. Another related question. I've completed one attempt of each of the 4 practice exams provided by Simplilearn. I'm scoring in the 60-70 percent range on each. From a style standpoint, it seems that one or multiple of the practice exams were written by different authors. Which of the 4 practice exams (if there is one or two) do you feel most accurately resembles the updated exam?

I think there is a mistake in the correct answer on the mock tests in Simplilearn.
Releasing resources IS part of the Closing group. PMBOK pg 634.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 09.44.17.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 09.44.17.png
    272.6 KB · Views: 1

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
I think there is a mistake in the correct answer on the mock tests in Simplilearn.
Releasing resources IS part of the Closing group. PMBOK pg 634.
Hi, Please raise ticket, Team will assist you in providing you the best resolution.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Tim, I agree. Your class and test prep advice are what allowed me to pass the PMP Exam on the 1st attempt. PS, The exam results are provided instantly. :)