Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Prep Jan 31 - Feb 28 (Tim)

Dear Tim,

With new approach, the session had been very good.
I could not find eBook to download. If anyone in the Batch could guide me. Thanks

Both the PMP Exam Prep Book and Agile Practice Guide do not have any questions at the end of the chapters - I think we need another book for that. Any idea about Rita Mulcahy's book - supposed to be in tune with the latest ECO.

Last edited:

HOSSAM GERGES

Hi everyone, in regards to tomorrow's session, does anyone know whether or not we have to register for it? I have registered for the first session which took place last week and have since been checking every day on the site to register for the upcoming session and am told i cannot do that for some reason. Any suggestions?

ARUN GOPAL RAO

Need a help. I missed the class yesterday. can i get help to download the session notes of 06/02/21 and dropbox details.

Last edited:

Caleb Ketner

Tried to convert class recording to mp4 and got the following popup - anyone know what to put here or have found a way to convert recordings to Mp4?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 12
Hi Tim - this is a doubt regarding question 3 in Activity 2-1 in the Prep Book. Check the attachment for the question. My point is - why is this Agile (as in the solution) and not Incremental?

Attachments

• Question 3-Activity2-1.PNG
    Question 3-Activity2-1.PNG
    46.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi Tim - this refers to Activity 2-3 of PMP Exam Prep book. I have attached the question and solution provided as an image. My doubt is regarding the wordings of the guard cost in the question (6 guards for 4 hrs at $50 per hour). I interpreted this as 4 * 50, assuming that 50$ per hour is for 6 guards (as they have not written 6 guards for 4 hrs, at $50 per hour per guard). But the right answer is based on 6 * 4 * 50. How do we figure out this kind of question in exam?

Attachments

• Activity2-3EstimateCost.PNG
    Activity2-3EstimateCost.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 12
Hi All,

This is a question I came across on ProjectManagement portal. "Which of the following strategies can be used with positive or negative risks?" Options given - Accept, Share, Transfer, None of the above. Correct answer is - Accept -. Why can't it be Share or Transfer? We can work with a partner to share both positive or negative risks or, Transfer - as in, either take an insurance, or if positive, we might transfer what benefit we get to another entity.

Hi Everyone, If anyone planning to give the exam in april or may, can study in group, it will be great if we can form a group on whatsapp or telegram for discussion, if anybody interested, can create a dummy id then on that all other people can send their details to form a group.
yes 8072641551

uunrlg_143(3539381)

Alumni
Hi Everyone, If anyone planning to give the exam in april or may, can study in group, it will be great if we can form a group on whatsapp or telegram for discussion, if anybody interested, can create a dummy id then on that all other people can send their details to form a group.
I would be intrested. Share the link hre with me. planning to take in the next 45 days

Maansi Jain

Hi, does anyone know if there is an online portal to check the answers for the activities listed at the end of each section from the PMI choice student handbook? Wanted to see if there are any discussion portals where answers are discussed.

Dear Tim,

Can you please share or send the link to the last session notes for this class.
I also haven't rec'd the Enter Access Key to enroll into course. I would much like to access the material training information, if possible.
If anyone in the Batch could guide me. Thank you and appreciate everyone time and support.

Hi Tim, With the newly released PMBOK 7, does anything change when it comes to preparing for the exam. Can we still refer to the PMP Authorized Exam Prep and PMP Exam Outline content?

tim jerome

Trainer
This could be a multi-hour conversation. This is the very short version -

PMI states that the exam will change when the Exam Content Outline changes. That frames the structure and scope of the exam and questions. This should be in about 2-4 years (it just changed this past January).

The 6th edition PMBOK is all about processes, process groups, knowledge areas. The framework discusses how Project Management activities work together to apply control to project work.

The 7th edition PMBOK is all about domains and disciplines. These are the attributes, behaviors of project management work.

With processes and very tactical activities and displines and strategic vision, the two mesh together really well. Both can be a benefit for preparing for the exam.

My students have generally agreed over the years, that although reading the PMBOK through totally benefits a few, using it (and now both) as a ready reference, looking up where one is weak, needs clarity seems to be the very best use. Treat it as a Wikipedia when you need greater clarity.

This could be a multi-hour conversation. This is the very short version -

PMI states that the exam will change when the Exam Content Outline changes. That frames the structure and scope of the exam and questions. This should be in about 2-4 years (it just changed this past January).

The 6th edition PMBOK is all about processes, process groups, knowledge areas. The framework discusses how Project Management activities work together to apply control to project work.

The 7th edition PMBOK is all about domains and disciplines. These are the attributes, behaviors of project management work.

With processes and very tactical activities and displines and strategic vision, the two mesh together really well. Both can be a benefit for preparing for the exam.

My students have generally agreed over the years, that although reading the PMBOK through totally benefits a few, using it (and now both) as a ready reference, looking up where one is weak, needs clarity seems to be the very best use. Treat it as a Wikipedia when you need greater clarity.
Thank you Tim. Makes complete sense.