Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Prep Mar 13 - Apr 10 (Tim)

1) Why information radiator topic is covered under 1.7 Team Knowledge this doesn't look much relevance?
2) Will there be any difference in predictive projects and Agile project team appraisals?
3) In many billion dollar companies they really doesn't follow many aspects of team building or overall PMP process but still make projects success
even this is the case with startups but however there are few companies really follow PMP processes but soon they burn out the team
to focus on these process rather main objective, in the agile world lean project management process is also important factor, what is your view on this?
4) What is the top characteristic a PM should posses?

tim jerome

Trainer
1) Why information radiator topic is covered under 1.7 Team Knowledge this doesn't look much relevance?
2) Will there be any difference in predictive projects and Agile project team appraisals?
3) In many billion dollar companies they really doesn't follow many aspects of team building or overall PMP process but still make projects success
even this is the case with startups but however there are few companies really follow PMP processes but soon they burn out the team
to focus on these process rather main objective, in the agile world lean project management process is also important factor, what is your view on this?
4) What is the top characteristic a PM should posses?
1. It does seem strange, doesn't it. Removing issues through a centralized distribution of information (information radiator). It does seem logical, but not at first glance.
2. Team appraisals are generally the same. When it comes to KPIs and work of the project life cycle (creating the deliverable), you'll find difference.
3. Companies have de-emphasized the type of leadership this program supports (do a search on "shareholder supremacy", and you'll find a trove of opinions and comments). There is value in the leadership that we promote, going back 4 to 6 thousand years. Study Zeno, Aristotle, the Baghavad Gita, and other culturally rich assets and you'll find what we teach more in alignment with that.
4. Yes. Start with Emotional intelligence and self-awareness - this is where true learning will begin. Learn to lead yourself, you can demonstrate you can lead others.

Amer Mita

Hello Tim,

When looking at the ECO mapping document - the "covered in" column has some numbers and letter like 4D.....etc. You may have mentioned it, and i couldn't find anything in the notes, but what am i using as a reference to find "4D"

tim jerome

Trainer
The mapping refers to section 4, topic d in the training material. This would be "keeping the team on track", "managing conflict".

You can quickly reference the class dashboard for these details.

Pooja A C

hi @tim jerome

below question from one of the practice tests

A project is at the multi-functional planning phase. The project manager realizes that producing a complex application is not feasible with the current number of resources and decides to hire more resources for the production of the application. The project manager identifies temporary resources and signs a service level agreement (SLA) with them. Which risk response strategy does this scenario exemplify? - the correct answer as per the test result is Risk Acceptance. but isn't this a risk transfer?

Hi @tim jerome and mates for this prep class,

I passed my PMP exam yesterday (21.08.21) at first attempt with with AT (above target) in all 3 domains being tested.
Thanks to Tim for the class experience and all the Simplilearn team for the resources to assist with the exam prep.

I used read the Agile handbook and PMBOK once and only used them for reference subsequently. I took all the 4 assessments on the simplilearn platform (3x each), achieved (Guru) 1000 questions on the PM Challenge and several other open source PMP exam prep i.e. prepcast, certchamp, oliverlehmann and edwel. I also came across a blog by Edward Chung- https://edward-designer.com/web/pmp/, it was really helpful as he analyzed some areas of concerns that people struggle with including calculations with very good explanations.

The exam looked very different to all the practice questions I attempted, I didn't come across any of the practice questions I ever attempted to the point where I doubted if I was selecting the right answers, however, when I ended the exam I saw the congratulations page and I felt a huge relieve. I believe the key thing is practicing and referring to the PMBOK, Agile practice guide and the PMI exam prep to get good understanding of the processes, people and business environment.

I wish everyone still on this journey all the very best, keep going till you get there, don't give up!

Last edited: