Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Preparation Jul 17 - Aug 14 (Tim)

anu_191237

Hi Team - Can anyone see our class recordings uploaded on the page? I still do not see it - hence cross checking. Thanks!

HI Tim,

Amarkumar here. Trust you are doing good.
regarding last two live sessions ( 17th and 18th July. 17th July class notes got through linke same day end of session. but due to technical errors 18th session class could note.

similarly recorded class sessions are not available in dashboard. is it already uploaded? can you please guide.

regards
Amar

Pooja Bhat_2

Hi Tim,
Do we need to study PMBOK 7th edition also for this year exam ?

And do you suggest/share any website we can refer for mock questions for exam ?

Last edited:

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
The recordings will be uploaded soon .If its not done with 24-48 hrs please raise a support ticket

Hi Support team,

Am attending live classes, with the batch, PMP Preparation Jul 17 - Aug 14 (Tim). Yesterday, end of class,could not download , class note and Q& A and dashboard, spread sheet. Can you please help to get these materials for 31/07/2021.

Regards
Amar

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer

Hi Support team,

Am attending live classes, with the batch, PMP Preparation Jul 17 - Aug 14 (Tim). Yesterday, end of class,could not download , class note and Q& A and dashboard, spread sheet. Can you please help to get these materials for 31/07/2021.

Regards
Amar
Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

This is for TIm's PMP preparation class (IST PM weekends). Please feel free to use.

Hello @tim jerome

Hope you are doing well. Can you please share the earned value PPT slides you created to explain the concept in the class on August14th.

We have all other documents but this PPT is missing, you also mentioned you will upload it end of the class, but is not available in the drop box link.

Thank you.

Iv Anu

Hi Team,

Is there any methodology/guideline to prioritize the project? Lets I have 10 projects in hand but all 10 cant go I need to choose for such decision is there any process that can be followed? Any Input on it will be really helpful.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi Team,

Is there any methodology/guideline to prioritize the project? Lets I have 10 projects in hand but all 10 cant go I need to choose for such decision is there any process that can be followed? Any Input on it will be really helpful.
You'll use business value. What's the impact to business? What's the the priority of value? Which one has a greater RoI? Which has a sooner break-even? Which one has a better Internal rate of return?

It might not be so formal as to use these financial metrics, but the concept will be the same.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hello @tim jerome

Hope you are doing well. Can you please share the earned value PPT slides you created to explain the concept in the class on August14th.

We have all other documents but this PPT is missing, you also mentioned you will upload it end of the class, but is not available in the drop box link.

Thank you.
It's there now.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi TIM,

Do I need to start with reading part 1 or part 2 of PMBOK.
I feel starting with part 3, part 2, and part1 is a good option.
They go hand in hand. You have the Standard (part 1 or 2 depending on 6 or 7 ed), which aligns with the ISO / ANSI standards for project management. You also have the guide to the standard, which provides the details behind the standard - a "peak under the hood".

The appendices are just as interesting; take a glimpse of the topics and details, and note them for when you need further clarity.

Whatever you do, if you really mean read, read. Very few people ever truly read. About 30 to 40% of people who passed the exam said they read even once, and I don't know that's what they really did. 100% of people who used the contents as reference documents, clarifying doubt when they found a word or concept that wasn't crystal clear.

Most of us scan, like going through a web page. WE don't stop, think, ponder, and look up words and concepts we don't understand. True reading is this - making notes, following up with definitions, and understanding until we can talk about the concepts and everyone in the room will understand us.