Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Preparation July 10 - August 7 (Tim)

Junaid_6

Hey @tim jerome I have 6th and 7th Edition of PMBOK Guide got today.. none of these PMBOKs has all 5 modules or 3 domains mentioned in it? can you please enlighten more about it. Thank You.

khalid_29

facing issue in downloading the recording and playing in player, i have donwloaded the player from simpliylearn nbr2player.msi , after installing not sure where its getting installed and not able to find it and play the download very frustrating , any solution.

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Recording of the last session on 17 & 18thn July is still not available on dropbox?
Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

tim jerome

Trainer
Please share the link to download the guides!
The PMBOK and the exam content outline are different documents for different purposes.

The PMBOK is the framework in which projects are managed
the 6th edition looks at this from a processes standpoint
the 7th looks at this from a principle (values and behavior) standpoint

The exam content outline are the tasks a PM performs within that framework.

This is what confuses everyone. It's like the PMBOK is a big glove, and the exam content outline is the hand inside that glove.

The exam is structured based on the hand. Use this as your primary reference, and then go into the PMBOK for your framework details.

Hi,

Need advice for the exam, as i am not having job since a year but having experience in Project management of about 7 yrs. So can i go for the exam now or only can go once i will have the Job again. Also few more below points.

# If i can go for the exam than in application form what should i mention in work address.
# Can i mention the Project work experience for 36 months form any of my previous project like 20 months from one project form 2014 to 2016 & 16 months from 2018 to 2020 like this.
# In case i requested for audit process than i need to submit a hard copy verified from my previous employer/ collogues or need to attached a verified soft copy.

Hi Tim,

In the PMP application, what kind of Job titles are acceptable if we didn't have a Project manager Job title? For example If I was involved in the project with a job title of product developer. But I was involved in project planning, execution, scope management, Project closure, project initiation etc. is it possible to add the experience during filling the PMP form ? What is the right way to formulate the job description part ?

tim jerome

Trainer
Check the online folder for the documents requested above. They should be accessible.

What job titles are acceptable? Not to worry. PMI is interested in the fact you did the work of PM, as documented in the Exam Content Outline. Weren't the assigned PM? PMI is interested in the fact you did the work.

There really isn't a wrong answer here.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for all your insightful sessions.

As per the class held on 1st Aug'21, you suggested that we will have 1.5 to 2 hours to talk about PMP exam preparation and how to approach.

But unfortunately, we were left with less than 20 mins to discuss the most awaited topic of 'tips to approach and prepare for PMP exam'. Additionally, due to the technical glitch, you could not come back and join the session at the end to give your closing comments. Is there a way to get some additional time with you?

I have following queries:

1. As per the uploaded documents, I can see the session notes are not updated. Session notes are missing approx. last 2 hours of data. (As per the recording - session notes only captured till 03:06:00 / 05:12:18. Can you please upload the updated notes?
2. I can see that following additional documents are uploaded, but you haven't mentioned about these in any of the classes. Can you please elaborate the gist of these documents:
a. 6ed PMP Bootcamp notes
b. 7ed PMP Bootcamp notes
c. Agile Practice Guide

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,
Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hi team

I want to download the recorded session of 7th August class. How can I get it? Its not available in the live class tab.
It will be shared soon. If still you don't get it please raise a help and support ticket.

>Login to LMS account,
>Select any query
>Select "other"

Hi Tim,
I am unable to see the last class recording under the Past class tab. Please let us know when last class recording will be avaialble for download?

Has anyone in the forum registered for the exam? I want to know how to proceed ahead now once done with the live classes and currently studying the notes. Should I take PMI membership now? when is the best time to register and apply for the exam?

Ganesh Kumar B

Hi Team, Couldn't find the last class recordings for downloading? Is it the issue for me alone or everyone r facing it? Thanks in advance.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi Tim,

Thanks for all your insightful sessions.

As per the class held on 1st Aug'21, you suggested that we will have 1.5 to 2 hours to talk about PMP exam preparation and how to approach.

But unfortunately, we were left with less than 20 mins to discuss the most awaited topic of 'tips to approach and prepare for PMP exam'. Additionally, due to the technical glitch, you could not come back and join the session at the end to give your closing comments. Is there a way to get some additional time with you?

I have following queries:

1. As per the uploaded documents, I can see the session notes are not updated. Session notes are missing approx. last 2 hours of data. (As per the recording - session notes only captured till 03:06:00 / 05:12:18. Can you please upload the updated notes?
2. I can see that following additional documents are uploaded, but you haven't mentioned about these in any of the classes. Can you please elaborate the gist of these documents:
a. 6ed PMP Bootcamp notes
b. 7ed PMP Bootcamp notes
c. Agile Practice Guide

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,
Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi

1. I added my last notes to the session notes on the folder. That's the complete information.
2. The additional documents are references files I've built from the materials I've used for research. Please use them and build on them in your preparation. The 6th edition notes have been added to since 2003.

I have a bit more time now, and am watching the formula daily. Please submit more questions, and I'll respond as I have breaks.

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

>Login to LMS account,
>Select any query
>Select "other"

Hi Team, Couldn't find the last class recordings for downloading? Is it the issue for me alone or everyone r facing it? Thanks in advance.

Hi Admin

Please suggest a group where my doubts cab be solved. I do not see our trainer replying to my questions. If he is busy please help me out with other trainer who can solve the doubts.

Thanks..

Meanwhile there is one more question from my side:

What is the difference between Transfer from Negative Risk strategy and the Share from Positive risk strategy.??

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hi Admin

Please suggest a group where my doubts cab be solved. I do not see our trainer replying to my questions. If he is busy please help me out with other trainer who can solve the doubts.

Thanks..

Meanwhile there is one more question from my side:

What is the difference between Transfer from Negative Risk strategy and the Share from Positive risk strategy.??
@tim-Your help is appreciated here

Junaid_6

Congratulations
Please share the list of materials you referred and tips to pass the exam in first attempt.
Would be very helpful..!!
To give you short answer its Agile all over the place in the Exam.. develop the Agile mindset and you will be home.. Trust me I did not purchase any book just the PMBOK and Agile practice what we get from PMI after becoming a member. Also practice as many questions as you can and work on those where you answered wrong... also refer some good YouTube videos to clarify the doubts,..
And yes, its a marathon in starting of the PMP preparation but becomes sprint for last 5-7 days of exam time... That helps me even finishing my exam 15 mins prior of the end time.... :)

Last edited:

Junaid_6

Congrats Junaid..

How much time you spent daily on preparation? Please help..
after our class finished, I spent 2-3 hours daily on reading PMBOK and Agile Practice Guide.. post that attempted all the Simplilearn 4 tests and worked on all the wrong answers referring the book, checking out the YouTube videos. But I gave my full time last 7 days (7-8 hours daily before the exam date...

after our class finished, I spent 2-3 hours daily on reading PMBOK and Agile Practice Guide.. post that attempted all the Simplilearn 4 tests and worked on all the wrong answers referring the book, checking out the YouTube videos. But I gave my full time last 7 days (7-8 hours daily before the exam date...
PMBOK and Agile practice guides don't have 1-1 mapping as shown in our classes. For Ex: creating a high performing team and other topics in sequence. How did you refer these docs?

Hi All,

Happy to inform that I have passed the PMP Exam with 'Above Target' in all 3 domains. Thank you Tim for all guidance and training ... :)

Regards,
Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi