Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Preparation June 5 - July 3 (Tim)

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Where to get the digital license key to entrol in pm lochoice ?
Hi, Please raise ticket, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example:unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

_30522

Thanks Tim for this thread, This will be very helpful for us to connect with you for clarifying our doubts.

_30162

Hi Tim, I cannot see the session notes in the dropbox folder for June 6, please advise where I can access them, thanks.

_30522

Hi Tim,

PMI LO choice handbook say the Lesson name as below :
1) Create High performance team
2) Plan and Manage Project
3) Execute and Access the Project work
4) Keep the team on track
5) Keep the business environment in mind

however our tracking say Lesson number 2 and 3 as below :
2) Starting the work
3) Doing the Work

Are this referred as same

Rupesh

tim jerome

Trainer
Looking at the pdfs, slides, and other assets, it seems the most common names of the 5 sections are

1. Creating a High Performing Team
2. Starting the Project
3. Doing the work
4. Keeping the team on track
5. Keeping the business in mind.

The content is all the same 5 sections, I'm updating future dashboards to reflect this.

Hi Tim,

The PMBOK says about EEF like below.

4.1.1.3 ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
...... Stakeholders' expectations and risk thresholds

Can you please explain how can this be considered as EEF. as it sounds like change request, (change in scope).

Thanks.

This thread is created to share discussions, clarify doubt, and ask questions about the PMP exam and Project Management.
Hi Tim,

I have finished your PMP session on 3rd July. Request you to help me with a format/template which I can refer while filling experience details for booking PMP Exam. I may have posted twice, I was not sure how to reach you.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi Tim,

I have finished your PMP session on 3rd July. Request you to help me with a format/template which I can refer while filling experience details for booking PMP Exam. I may have posted twice, I was not sure how to reach you.
The best way is to create your own template based on these items: (a simple template if you may)
* General project name
* Month started - Month ended
* Role (job you were performing on the project)
* tasks you did
* reference

The third bullet is where people stumble. I suggest using the Exam content outline to frame the work you did leading the project. Did you host meetings? Did you share information? Did you help solve problems? Did you measure, analyze? Look for those tasks, and align your description with those template descriptions.

Look at the top of the PMP sub-forum and you'll find other ideas and templates. It seems that the application itself has stabilized (it changed second half last year); the guidance is still good. The PMP exam handbook is the definitive description, with the exam content outline. Use these documents as benchmarks and references.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi Tim,

The PMBOK says about EEF like below.

4.1.1.3 ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
...... Stakeholders' expectations and risk thresholds

Can you please explain how can this be considered as EEF. as it sounds like change request, (change in scope).

Thanks.
EEFs are enterprise environmental factors. You can't change them, and they will change the way you approach the project. Laws, weather, the fact you don't have an elevator to move boxes, the culture of the organization - all these are EEFs.

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi Tim,

PMI LO choice handbook say the Lesson name as below :
1) Create High performance team
2) Plan and Manage Project
3) Execute and Access the Project work
4) Keep the team on track
5) Keep the business environment in mind

however our tracking say Lesson number 2 and 3 as below :
2) Starting the work
3) Doing the Work

Are this referred as same

Rupesh
These are indeed the same.

tim jerome

Trainer
Probability is an estimate based on your experts' input. Impact can be something quantifiable like cost if the risk occurs, and is driven by expert impact estimate as well.

Now, if you want to look at statistical estimation, you can use the normal distribution and the central limit theorem.

Central limit theorem says that if you have really normal (random or natural) data, it seems to follow a pattern:

about 68% of the data will be within one standard deviation of the estimate.
About 95% of the data will be within two standard deviations of the estimate.
About 99.7% of the data will be within 3 standard deviations of the estimate.

What's a standard deviation (SD)? It's the average distance between any single data point and your estimate.

Remember - this data is distributed such that if you were to do this many, many times, it would tend toward this distribution.

Let's get to excel.

Work with your experts:
"What is an estimate where everything goes right? (Optimistic, or O)"
"What is an estimate where everything goes wrong? (Pessimistic or P)"
"What is an estimate on a 'normal' day? ("Most likely or ML)?"

Now designate cells for each of these values and then calculate

= (P+(4*ML)+O) / 6

This is the weighted 3-point estimate, and works with the normal distribution. This gives you your central estimate, or 'mean'.

Now, let's get back to our SD. This will give us our range estimate. SD is calculated through:

=(P-O) / 6

And finally, you have 3 range estimates:
mean +/- 1SD
mean +/- 2SD
mean +/- 3SD

This gives you your 68%, 95%, and 99.7% probability ranges.

Anshuman Bhalla

This thread is created to share discussions, clarify doubt, and ask questions about the PMP exam and Project Management.
Hi Tim,
Anshuman this side. I have cleared the PMP certification examination on Aug 11, 2021, on my first attempt. I have scored "Above Target" in all three domains. It was a good learning experience and your online classroom training was quite helpful.