Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Preparation Sep 4 - Oct 2 (Tim)

_39697

Hi...Do we have login access to PMI content as well by having an Simplilearn account for PMP certification ? How to download the PMBOK ?

Aloha. This is just an enhancement suggestion or question - for SimpliLearn technical web app developers only - this is not course content related. It would be super awesome if Users could use the Community TAB in the DASHBOARD to go directly to this Forum dynamically. So there would be a link established when the user registers for a course and the user clicks in their Community TAB and wham.. they are in their PMP Prep Forum.. It would make the life of the Expert Instructor easier and the lives of new users less complicated.. Just a thought..

Aloha Tim. Someone asked above about the PMBOK downloads and I believe we would also like to download the Agile Practice Guide please? If already provided to us this morning or today (Sunday, September 5), please disregard this request. Thank you very much Tim.

Last edited:
Aloha! Will you be available on here during the week for us to ask questions? If yes, would we expect a day or more turnaround, etc.? Just establishing expectations. Thank you so much Tim.

Manav Jindal_1

Hi Tim,

I have a question from FAQ's, are there are sections which I need to target from both PMBOK editions ? As its difficult to go through both editions.

For Preparing for the exam:
- PMBOK and Agile Practice Guide

PMBOK 6ed - processes (tactical actions)
** This is the 'How' of Project Management

PMBOK 7ed - disciplines (behavioral approaches)
** This is the 'What' and 'Why' of Project Management

Agile Practice Guide - Agile, Scrum methodologies

ASHRAF_21

Aloha. In our LMS Assessment
there are 4 Practise Exams. The portal says we have 3 attempts at each one. I started and the first question was daunting.. I guess I will somehow find the answers somewhere to be able to go directly to that question to learn through looking at the answers , question by question? Or how do I stop the Exam timer and get to the answers directly without having to take the whole exam?
I understand once the test begins, you will see a "Pause" button. You can pause the exam and resume at will...

tim jerome

Trainer
Hi...Do we have login access to PMI content as well by having an Simplilearn account for PMP certification ? How to download the PMBOK ?
The access to PMI content is gained through an extra cost when you sign up. You use your free PMI ID to access teh login and use the key (shared by Simplilearn) to access the material.

tim jerome

Trainer
The access to PMI content is an extra cost to the class; you accept or reject when you sign up.

The email you receive from Simplilearn when you pay gives you instructions. The 1st day walk-through provides you the content you have access to.

tim jerome

Trainer
The instructions to download the PMBOK are in the 1st day notes and recording (I think I included in the FAQ too). For more specific questions, just ask.

tim jerome

Trainer
Aloha. In our LMS Assessment
there are 4 Practise Exams. The portal says we have 3 attempts at each one. I started and the first question was daunting.. I guess I will somehow find the answers somewhere to be able to go directly to that question to learn through looking at the answers , question by question? Or how do I stop the Exam timer and get to the answers directly without having to take the whole exam?
I will have to play with the exam again to get the mechanics, my apologies.

Here is the trick to any question you are struggling through - when you are struggling with a practice question, take a screenshot (hopefully the answer and its description), post in this forum and we'll dissect together. Some of these are very tricky. After you've done this daily for about 3 weeks, the patterns emerge; after about 4-5 weeks you have captured the major patterns and the minor patterns expose themselves.

This is not a 'memorize and pass' process; this is a process of comprehension. Trust - students constantly do what you are just doing and are happy with their PMPs. If you don't trust yourself, remember that.

"Do or do not - there is no try..." Yoda

Hello Tim,

(1)What edition of PMBOK to be followed, my aim is to finish the syllabus side by side with the classes .
(2)From where i can get the AGILE Scrum Guide Book?
(3)Are these Two books sufficient for preparations? I am not including practice papers, i know as you said Papers are

Best Regards,
Harshvardhan Bhardwaj

Hello Tim,

(1)What edition of PMBOK to be followed, my aim is to finish the syllabus side by side with the classes .
(2)From where i can get the AGILE Scrum Guide Book?
(3)Are these Two books sufficient for preparations? I am not including practice papers, i know as you said Papers are

Best Regards,
Harshvardhan Bhardwaj
Hi there, on the first day, Tim advised that he is covering materials from both the 6 and 7th Editions.

Annie Liu

PMBOX download isn't free if You are not member of PMI
How could we get it download free? Since we already paid for class?

Mohapatra

PMBOX download isn't free if You are not member of PMI
How could we get it download free? Since we already paid for class?
Hi there, I don't think PMBOK copies are included in class fee. It only includes lochoice and its contents.

pmi.lochoice.com (with access key from Simplilearn)

For PMBOK free download from PMI website, you need to be a member of PMI. Being a member, has lot of other advantages as well. Tim explained all advantages in day -1 class.

However, if you need PMBOK without being a member, you can do a search in Simplilearn forum with PMBOK and go though them to see if you can find any link for free download. I did the same and found this..Hope this helps..

PMBOK 6th Edition:-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vKwB-sORqrWxZKo7f7uTfSUpktPvemTN/view

Download Link for PMBOK 7th Edition: https://1lib.in/book/16598474/b06f2e

I will have to play with the exam again to get the mechanics, my apologies.

Here is the trick to any question you are struggling through - when you are struggling with a practice question, take a screenshot (hopefully the answer and its description), post in this forum and we'll dissect together. Some of these are very tricky. After you've done this daily for about 3 weeks, the patterns emerge; after about 4-5 weeks you have captured the major patterns and the minor patterns expose themselves.

This is not a 'memorize and pass' process; this is a process of comprehension. Trust - students constantly do what you are just doing and are happy with their PMPs. If you don't trust yourself, remember that.

"Do or do not - there is no try..." Yoda

ASHRAF_21

Hi Tim,
Need some inputs with reference to Exam Prep. I have read the FAQ and am also looking forward to your session on this in upcoming classes...
Just wanted to understand the following:

When?
Should I start attempting the practice tests (simulation tests) of Simplilearn right away? Or wait for the classes to complete by 2nd Oct?

How?
I'm considering the following material for preparation... Anything to be added / removed / sequenced?
PMBOK 6Ed + PMBOK 7Ed + Agile Practice Guide + Session Notes + Practice Questions (lms.simplilearn.com and pmi.lochoice.com) + projectmanagement.com, "PMChallenge"

I referred the "Preparation Process" section in FAQs file...