Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

PMP Question

Just Copied and paste

A Project Manager needs to ensure that the team delivers business value within the required timelines. The manager recently learned that key stakeholders are worried that the current release plan will not meet urgent business needs. What can the Project Manager do to effectively respond to the stakeholder concerns?

a. Renegotiate scope with the project sponsor after examining the work breakdown structure (WBS)
b. In consultation with the stakeholders and team members, identify the minimum viable product needed for launch
c. Determine the schedule performance index (SPI) and escalate the schedule risk to the project sponsor
d. Monitor progress using a burndown chart after modifying the schedule baseline to meet stakeholder requirements

tim jerome

Trainer
We're discussing business value, and business needs. MVP talks about functionality and MBI discusses value.

Responding to stakeholders tells us to 'go to the source of the issue' (ethics).

B is the first (and best) thing we should concern ourselves on this list.

Thoughts?

We're discussing business value, and business needs. MVP talks about functionality and MBI discusses value.

Responding to stakeholders tells us to 'go to the source of the issue' (ethics).

Thoughts?
Hello Tim,

Unfortunately, we both are wrong here, I also selected option B but correct answer is Option A.

Could you please give me more inside if this correct answer. Thanks in Advance.

"EXPLANATION
Assuming that the work can be completed may create new issues. It is best to work with the project sponsor and see if there is any scope that can be reduced to meet a more realistic timeline."

Gowri Suresh

Hello Tim,

I have taken the course in the month of Feb. I have been giving practice test for last 2 months in various simulators and have been scoring 60-65%. Some simulator it says i passed and some says i failed . I still don't feel quite confident about giving the exam which is scheduled to be this month end. Please guide through how do I go about it.

gautam_kaistha

"Stakeholders are worried" but there is no evidence in the ques which states that their worry is real. It could be a fact as well as a perception. The problem statement is "worry of the stakeholders". So In my opinion, we need to investigate and then if the problem exists, address it, else address the worry of the stakeholders. However, none of the answers give me the option to analyze the problem. Hence the best options is to approach stakeholders. Only 'B' gives me that Option. So IMHO, I think B is the correct answer, Rest SMEs can explain. All other options, assume that the problem is real, Only 'B' involves stakeholders and negotiation/ discussion.

abhinav_r

Thoughts?
infact i had chosen the same answer and it was unfortunately wrong. not sure how many such answers are wrong in the practice tests/