PRINCE2 2017 Changes

Discussion in 'PRINCE2' started by Rajan Sood, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Rajan Sood

Rajan Sood Rajan
    Alumni

Hi,
    AXELOS will introduce PRINCE2 2017 from mid-2017. This will change the exam pattern as well.

I will request Simplilearn if they could share details around these changes.

If someone has already enrolled into the PRINCE2 2009 course, by when he must plan the exam? Is it more beneficial to wait and prepare for PRINCE2 2017 (rather than preparing for soon-to-be-outdated course)?

Thanks,
    Rajan

2. Raj K(3066)

Raj K(3066) Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Some one already enrolled in PRINCE2 2009 Course - can take the exams till May 2017. Their practitioner certificate will remain valid as per original 5 year window - no change in that.

Official exam launch for PRINCE2 2017 Update may happen after May 2017. When a certification exam changes, the initial 2 to 3 month period will be most turbulent one - new questions, new patterns, new content (delta with PRINCE2 2009). Generally it would not be advisable to take the exam as soon as it is launched - much guidance may not be available - for exam preparation, practice questions etc.

For more information, refer to this link: https://www.axelos.com/prince2-2017

3. Rajan Sood

Rajan Sood Rajan
    Alumni

Here's the reply from axelos --

The 2009/current version of PRINCE2 will be still available in English until the end of 2017. If you are currently booked on to a course in April/May I would recommend still sitting it, and once the new guidance has been released familiarize yourself with the changes.

PRINCE2 2009 exam will continue till end of 2017. But if someone hasn't yet enrolled, it will be good to wait till Sep/Oct 2017 and enroll directly for PRINCE2 2017

4. Murali_5

Murali_5 Member

Thanks Ranagaraju and Rajan.
    I took training for founddation and practitioner course in Jan'17 and started prepearing for exam now in Apr'17. So, can I have time to take the PRINCE2 exam in Jun/July'17 in 2009 exam pattern. Further, I am planning to purchase
    MANAGING SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS WITH PRINCE2 book costing around 7000 INR.

Please clarify and provide the inputs or links.

Thanks in advance.
    Murali C

5. Rajan Sood

Rajan Sood Rajan
    Alumni

Hi Murali,

You have time till the end of 2017 to take PRINCE2 exam based on 2009 pattern.

The cost of the official book is very high. Try to get a used copy from somewhere. If that's not possible, then take print out of a soft copy of the book. There are only around 280 pages in the book that are useful. So even if you get the print outs, the cost won't be more than INR 300. So why to spend INR 7000.

-- Rajan