Project for ASM

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by Ravi Kumar B, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Ravi Kumar B

Ravi Kumar B Member

Hi All, I need assistance in doing the project of ASM. As this is my first project on any project management not able to understand the requirement and procedure of this project.

DESCRIPTION

A Product Owner in the new technologies division came up with the idea of creating a weather portal and providing weather-based services to multiple customers. The basic idea of the weather portal is to be able to pull the weather forecasts for any location from multiple public services and aggregate them for the common user. The data can be put to a number of different uses.

2. Deepanshu_15

Deepanshu_15 Moderator
    Staff Member Simplilearn Support

Hi Ravi,

Please check your email inbox as you must have received a project mentoring video for the ASM project.

Anikó Zethner likes this.
  3. _48356

_48356 New Member

Please help me with sample project . It only says upload word doc PDF etc .. but it does not say what format etc .. any template ?

4. Jannie

Jannie Member

@Deepanshu_15 Hi, I need the video as well, would you please email to jannieli777@gmail.com thx

5. _64640

_64640 New Member

Can i get the video as well ?

6. Rakesh Chopra

Rakesh Chopra Member

Hello
    I need assistance with completing my Project.
    "A Product Owner in the new technologies division came up with the idea of creating a weather portal and providing weather-based services to multiple customers. The basic idea of the weather portal is to be able to pull the weather forecasts for any location from multiple public services and aggregate them for the common user. The data can be put to a number of different uses."

7. Santosh Sharma

Hello
    , Ccould you please send the video at sharmasantu.1989@gmail.com'... I have been struggling with the project myself. Video might help. Thanks

8. _6787

_6787 Member

9. Surendar_2

Surendar_2 Member
    Alumni

Hello
    I need assistance with completing my Project.
    "A Product Owner in the new technologies division came up with the idea of creating a weather portal and providing weather-based services to multiple customers. The basic idea of the weather portal is to be able to pull the weather forecasts for any location from multiple public services and aggregate them for the common user. The data can be put to a number of different uses."

10. Xavier_2

Xavier_2 Member

11. Olajumoke Awe

Olajumoke Awe New Member

12. Surendar_2

Surendar_2 Member
    Alumni

Hello Deepanshu,
    Could you pelase share the mentoring video , my email address is "surendeep@gmail.com"

13. Anikó Zethner

Alumni

There was one piece of information i missed but now I am clear, so I am sharing with you. The sample project is a good example of what the expectation is in terms of final, submitted project, but that's not the one to work on. There are another 2 projects in the .pdf and it is up to you which one you choose and complete. I have spent a good 5 hours today on the .doc file and in JIRA but I still have more than just fine tuning ahead of me, so I suggest you set aside two half days for this exercise. I hope you are faster than I am and I wish all of you a joyful work on these assignments, I love every second of it :)

14. Anikó Zethner

Alumni

the format is screen prints copied into the .doc or .pdf, there is no set template. Please check the JIRA project files for help, you can find these in the Downloads section of your learning materials

15. Anikó Zethner

Alumni

who did you address this request, Rakesh, please? there will be ample opportunity to get support during the last online session and if you could please specify the request a bit more, I will also try to help, based on my understanding of things, obviously :)

16. Anikó Zethner

Alumni

Hi All, let me share a quick summary of what I have learned (again, this is based on my understanding, not carved in stone):

everyone is struggling to get cracking with the project assignment - ask your questions on the live classes and you will be enlightened :) and take some time to read through a few threads here in the community, worth it
    I will suggest thougt to the Simplilearn Team in the feedback form to compile a comprehensive information/induction material and share that during the first session. I understand that the information is available and the expectation is that we read through and comprehend everything, but as we go into the course, we connect more dots and suddenly realise that we miss a lot of basic info and that time is of essence and we panic and ask the same questions a 1000 times. Frustrating for all, but if it was spelt out explicitly what the best practice is in terms of self learning and project assignment completion timelines, a lot of this stress and edge could be taken away. Maybe even a quick, shared screen walk through of the Learning site would be beneficial. I checked the downloads in October, by the time I got to the assignment, I forgot about them completely. I think it would also be good to know that the project completion will take time and that there is a demo video to coach and support which is not available in the downloads.
    As i perused the exam related threads, i found that there was a dump for test questions available, this is different than the mock test papers, but it is not available through emails anymore. Can we maybe get some context around this?
    There is an exam fee apparently and in case of failure, the test can be retaken, for USD 250. I almost fell off the chair. Please make this information widely available to avoid people getting nasty surprises.
    Again, some additional piece of information i picked up from the threads, the exam has a lot of questions and topics not covered in detail in the course material and it is very much advisable to read up, books to consider are Succeeding with Agile and Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Coch (available online in .pdf format). The Help and Support section has a lot of answers, and is helpful, but just a one-pager with vital information would help so much. Please set the expectation with us, we are keen to perform well and soak up the knowledge, make it super easy, please to get through the hurdles, as you have the experience, we just have the drive to be more and a lot of questions. I really enjoy the course and I am planning on completing ITIL Foundation too and I am sure that with tiny tweaks you can accelerate the user experience. The feedback form is a good idea, but first we have to educate people how to give a balanced, factual feedback and that it is worth taking the time sharing the observations in a constructive manner. Thank you again, keep up the fantastic work, A.

17. PARAG RAUT

PARAG RAUT New Member

I also need help. Please share the video to mailtoparagraut@gmail.com and share PDF format as well

18. Pralabh Sharma

Pralabh Sharma New Member

Need video for the project

19. Lokesh K. Raheja

Lokesh K. Raheja New Member

Smart Weather
    A product owner in the new technology division came up with the idea of creating a weather portal to provide weather-based services. The basic idea of the weather portal is to pull weather forecasts for any location from multiple public services and aggregate them for the common user. The data can be put to several uses.

The main system will comprise of a web portal and a set of apps available on all popular mobile operating systems. Apart from this, clients can ask for specific services or apps based on the data that is collated.

Hey!

I need some support in completing my project mentioned above.

Can you please share the inputs/videos and sample projects to lokeshraheja@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
    Lokesh Raheja

20. lakshmi_73

lakshmi_73 Member

Hi,

Please can you specify if this project mentoring video is found on the website or is this your personal recording of the calss?

21. hpantony(3475107)

hpantony(3475107) New Member
    Alumni

Hey!

I need some support in completing my project mentioned above.

Can you please share the inputs/videos and sample projects to hpantony@gmail.com

Cheers
    Hans

22. Putta.Sriram

Putta.Sriram Customer
    Customer

23. Ashik Thomson

Ashik Thomson Member
    Simplilearn Support Alumni

Hi Sriram and Antony,

Please find the link below, which will take you to the project mentoring video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ura5oY74h-yQXJXj4uwHStzR-uzw0qu/view

I hope this helps