Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Project Guidance for Business Analytics with Excel

Shohini_1

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Customer
Hi Learner,

You need to submit a project for the following domain :

-E-Commerce Sales Dashboard

Steps to be followed for downloading the project materials :

Login to LMS with your login credentials > Select Course - Business Analytics with Excel > Self Learning > Course Resources > Projects > Download and Unzip the folder > Project for Submission.

Attaching screenshot for your reference:

upload_2019-1-16_17-20-35.png

Kindly follow the below steps to draft the Project Report :

1. Project Report to Created using a word document/ PDF/ PPT
2. Expectation /Goals under Additional Remark
3. Excel File (.xls) under Source code
4. Output Screenshot under Screenshot

Once done you are required to submit the same through your LMS > Select the Course >Assessment > Select the project tab on which you have worked > Submit > Fill the details > Submit Project.

upload_2019-1-16_17-42-55.png

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion.

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn

Last edited by a moderator:

Shohini_1

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Customer
Hi Pravan,

Thanks for reaching out to us;

The screenshot wherein you need to upload an image of the dashboard that you are going to create and in the source code, you need to upload the .xls file.

I hope this information would help;

Hi Learner,

Login to LMS with your login credentials > Select Course - Business Analytics with Excel > Self Learning > Course Resources > Projects > Download and Unzip the folder > Project for Submission.

View attachment 5489

Once done you are required to submit the same through your LMS > Select the Course >Assessment > Select the project tab on which you have worked > Submit > Fill the details > Submit Project.

View attachment 5490

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion.

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn

Hi Shohini,

This is Sayan, I requested some help regarding this project, I didn't getting the term "Analyze the Shipping Date Data in Histogram".

Can you please help me out?

Deepak_391

ma'am i just want to make histogram on the given data and also i want show this information on world map of maharashtra.

######world map######

install.packages("libwgeom")
install.packages(c("sf","cowplot","googleway"))
install.packages("tidyverse")
install.packages("rvest")
library(ggmap)
library(stringr)
library("ggplot2")
theme_set(theme_bw())
library("sf")
library("rnaturalearth")
library("rnaturalearthdata")
library(dplyr)

gBuffer(spgeom, byid=FALSE, id=NULL, width=1.0, quadsegs=5, capStyle="ROUND",
joinStyle="ROUND", mitreLimit=1.0)

world <- ne_countries(scale = "medium", returnclass = "sf")
class(world)

but there is some error. Ma'am im from mechanical background so i dont have enough sense of coding but i just try my best.

Attachments

• SAMPLE COVID19.pdf
    113.5 KB · Views: 98

Jyoti_76

upload_2020-4-21_2-49-33.png

Hi Team,

In course materials, these are the two excel sheets I have found i) DATASET ii) Master Sales

Are you talking about the same material for project submission???? and also under Project Tab there is one excel sheet for e-commerce am bit confused that do we have to work on the same sheet or can we make our Data and show the histogram, dashboard etc.

Ashish Yelekar

Fir
Hi Learner,

View attachment 5489

View attachment 5490

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn

Hi,
I have finished my project and I have got the output also, but I did not take screenshots during the creation of the dashboard. Do I need to take screenshots at every step of the process or only the output is enough.

Regards,
Suresh

Abhik_6

Hi,
I have finished my project and I have got the output also, but I did not take screenshots during the creation of the dashboard. Do I need to take screenshots at every step of the process or only the output is enough.

Regards,
Suresh

Can you share your project as a reference to abhikg7@gmail.com(9433049768).I am yet to submit my project.

_79494

Hello,

Even after following the instructions mentioned, i'm unable to upload the doc file / xlsx file to submit project.
It uploads fully and again starts :( and is stuck after that. No green tick saying successfully uploaded

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Balachandar

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 74
Hello, I'm Blaise, I'm Register to Big Data Hadoop and Spark Cours.
I can't open my Web console in my Practice Lab.
When I click in Start Lab I get: "Looks like something went wrong, please try again at another time" I try many time but get same thing.
Please can you fix this problems.
Thank you.

Hi Pravan,

Thanks for reaching out to us;

The screenshot wherein you need to upload an image of the dashboard that you are going to create and in the source code, you need to upload the .xls file.

I hope this information would help;

Hello there,

xls format is not supported. I wasn't able to attach an Excel file. Please clarify for the sake of others. Thanks. - Nanette

Hello,

Even after following the instructions mentioned, i'm unable to upload the doc file / xlsx file to submit project.
It uploads fully and again starts :( and is stuck after that. No green tick saying successfully uploaded

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Balachandar

Hello there,

Do a print-to-pdf of your dashboard and source codes. They accepted mine in that format. - Nanette

Hi Learner,

View attachment 5489

View attachment 5490

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn
Thanks for the sharing

Can you give a brief about what should be done on the project cause everything is done on the dashboard which is available in the course material. Could you please clarify this?

Last edited:
View attachment 9226

Hi Team,

In course materials, these are the two excel sheets I have found i) DATASET ii) Master Sales

Are you talking about the same material for project submission???? and also under Project Tab there is one excel sheet for e-commerce am bit confused that do we have to work on the same sheet or can we make our Data and show the histogram, dashboard etc.

Hi,

I have created a deshboard and histogram but I am not able to find a video about that how to link graphs with the deshboard so please let me know how to link graphs with the dashboard.

Hi Learner,

View attachment 5489

View attachment 5490

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn

Hi,

I have created a deshboard and histogram but I am not able to find a video about that how to link graphs with the deshboard so please let me know how to link graphs with the dashboard.

LAM HIU LAAM

Alumni
Hello, I've finished my project with 1 question, the scale of the chart Y-axis will not be auto-updated when I choose different product category in combo box. What should I do?

_92340

Hi everyone,

I'm just asking , in this project do we have to recreate the dashboard ? because i already find that the dashboard is ready , what else we need to do , i'm confuse

Basob Roy

Alumni
Hi everyone
I am so confused with this project,I don't know whether to create a new dashboard or have to modified the existing dashboard.

Dear Team,

I'm bit confused with the Business Analytics Project
1) Create a histogram to analyze a number of shipping days.

Can you please support me to understand a bit more, I have attached the screenshot to verify the output!.

Attachments

• Shipping days.JPG
    Shipping days.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 71

Sriram_80

Hi everyone,

I'm just asking , in this project do we have to recreate the dashboard ? because i already find that the dashboard is ready , what else we need to do , i'm confuse

I totally agree with you. Even I was confused, the dashboard was already created (- For all the Analysis Tasks) to the dataset which they had provided.

I totally agree with you. Even I was confused, the dashboard was already created (- For all the Analysis Tasks) to the dataset which they had provided.
I was really confused as well and ended up building the Dashboard on a separate work book by coping the data onto a sheet and using the give workbook as a reference to be a accurate as possible. My only fear is that the dashboard itself isn't formatted exactly as the give one, but I will update this post when I receive my results.

Hi everyone,
Can someone clarify what is required to be done for the excel project? Sorry, but I am confused with the scattered information.
1. I am looking into the folder Project for Submission and found a sample solution.
2. With the support ticket clarification, i was told that "the same solution is incomplete, Histogram should be done in a separate sheet then add the same in the final dashboard".
But I cannot find what is the objective of the project, because the project description under 'Assessment' and with 'Business Scenario.docx' does not really explain the final goal.
Please clarify what needs to be done for this project. Thanks in advance.

Hi Learner,

View attachment 5489

View attachment 5490

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn

hi Sonal,
Hopefully you will help me by correction the distribution and data type if i am confused.
thank you

Attachments

• Tadele Tadese 10012021.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 44
I WANT TO KNOW THE ERROR IN THIS PYTHON CODE

#Plot Major complaint type Heating against location type to check for any pattern
plt.figure(figsize=(3,3))
plt.scatter(grp_data['Complaint Type'],grp_data['Location Type'])
plt.title='Plot complaint type Heating against location type'
plt.xlabel='Complaint Type'
plt.ylabel='Location Type'
plt.show()

Hi,

This is for students enrolled for 'Data Science with R Programming"

The first course assessment is analysis task for a retail outlet. The first task is to
  • To automate the process of recommendations, the store needs to analyze the given attributes of the product, like the style, season, etc., and come up with a model to predict the recommendation of products (in binary output – 0 or 1) accordingly.
In case you are working on it let me know!

Eleni_2

Customer
Customer
Hi,

This is for students enrolled for 'Data Science with R Programming"

The first course assessment is analysis task for a retail outlet. The first task is to
  • To automate the process of recommendations, the store needs to analyze the given attributes of the product, like the style, season, etc., and come up with a model to predict the recommendation of products (in binary output – 0 or 1) accordingly.
In case you are working on it let me know!
Hello, I am taking this course and starting to work on the projects. I would be glad to discuss this project. So, can you help me where to start to do such kind of problems? Thank you!

Can you give a brief about what should be done on the project cause everything is done on the dashboard which is available in the course material. Could you please clarify this?
Hi -
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am confused too. It looks like the project is already completed. The full dashboard already exists. What are we supposed to do with it??
Thanks.

Theresa Snow

Alumni
Hi everyone,
Can someone clarify what is required to be done for the excel project? Sorry, but I am confused with the scattered information.
1. I am looking into the folder Project for Submission and found a sample solution.
2. With the support ticket clarification, i was told that "the same solution is incomplete, Histogram should be done in a separate sheet then add the same in the final dashboard".
But I cannot find what is the objective of the project, because the project description under 'Assessment' and with 'Business Scenario.docx' does not really explain the final goal.
Please clarify what needs to be done for this project. Thanks in advance.
Hi, did you ever receive a response on this? I am in a different cohort, and also filed a ticket for the same question - they referred me to this community.

Theresa Snow

Alumni
Hi -
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am confused too. It looks like the project is already completed. The full dashboard already exists. What are we supposed to do with it??
Thanks.
Hi, anyone receive a response on this? I filed a ticket and they said the histogram was not complete (but I can see the histogram is completed, unless they want us to recreate it? ) I’m in a different cohort but they referred me to this community. I’m confused as well... thanks!!

Varun_187

Hi Learner,

View attachment 5489

View attachment 5490

Regards,
Shohini
GTA - Simplilearn
I am trying to upload the excel file but I am not able to. Either it keeps loading or does not even do that and does not get uploaded. Need help.

Attachments

• issue.png
    issue.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 26
Hi Learner,

Greetings from Simplilearn!

We understand your concern.

Kindly attach the relevant file which is asked in the fields and submit the project.If you are still unable to submit it kindly raise a ticket so that the team can connect with you and help you.

I hope that the resolution provided helps you out.

Regards,
Vershini P
Learner Success Manager
Simplilearn