Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Project Guidance for Data Science with R course

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi All,

You need to Submit any 1 project out of following domain -
Insurance , Healthcare, Internet, Retail, E commerce, and Education:

Project should be done using R-language

Login to LMS with your login credentials
Click on Learning Tools -> Download projects for R . You will find the project details available in this section.

Kindly follow the below steps to draft the Project Report :

1. Project Report to Created using a word document/ PDF/ PPT
2. Business Scenario
3. Expectation /Goals
4. Code
5. Output Screenshot
6. Analysis

The sample solution is provided to you for all the projects, to provide you guidance regarding the project work submission. So you have to prepare a document with your own code, output screenshots and analysis.

Once done you are required to submit the same document under all the three sections (Writeup, Screenshot and Source Code) through your LMS > Course Icon > Project > Submit.

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion.

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

Last edited:

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Priyanka mam please send the downloading link of the class held on 25 march 9:00 - 1:00 IST, batch 24 feb
Hi Jitendra,

I hope you must have received the recording link for the mentioned session on your registered email. As it is already shared with all the registered learners for the said batch.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
i have submitted the project today please evaluate and let me know the status!
Hi Subir,

I would like to inform you that, the result of evaluation will be available in your LMS account itself and also you will receive an email notifying the same.

I hope this will help you. All the very best for the same.

Poonam Choudhary Arora

Alumni
Customer
New
Hi Priyanka , Need urgent help. I just finished and uploaded the project successfully. The write-up and the source code for my project are correct , but accidentally instead of screenshot , I might have uploaded a sample project guidance file . As the project is showing under assessment, I have no way to check and confirm if the correct document is loaded or not . Could you please assist with this issue. Please let me know if I shall re-send the project documents in email as well

Note: The write-up also contains output screenshots to explain the solution, but i can email all 3 documents if you suggest!

Best regards
Poonam

Karthik Shivana

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
New
Hi Priyanka , Need urgent help. I just finished and uploaded the project successfully. The write-up and the source code for my project are correct , but accidentally instead of screenshot , I might have uploaded a sample project guidance file . As the project is showing under assessment, I have no way to check and confirm if the correct document is loaded or not . Could you please assist with this issue. Please let me know if I shall re-send the project documents in email as well

Note: The write-up also contains output screenshots to explain the solution, but i can email all 3 documents if you suggest!

Best regards
Poonam

Hi Poonam,

Do not worry, we have cross checked your project. You have submitted the correct attachments which is health care project.

Last edited:
 To decide the pricing for various upcoming clothes, they wish to find how the style, season, and material affect the sales of a dress and if the style of the dress is more influential than its price.
 Also, to increase the sales, the management wants to analyze the attributes of dresses and find which are the leading factors affecting the sale of a dress.

The “Sales” variable is in a different dataset than the rest of the variables, do we have to merge two datasets? If yes, how to do that?

The sales of each dress is given for multiple dates, do we consider the sales of any one day or the net sales?

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
 To decide the pricing for various upcoming clothes, they wish to find how the style, season, and material affect the sales of a dress and if the style of the dress is more influential than its price.
 Also, to increase the sales, the management wants to analyze the attributes of dresses and find which are the leading factors affecting the sale of a dress.

The “Sales” variable is in a different dataset than the rest of the variables, do we have to merge two datasets? If yes, how to do that?

The sales of each dress is given for multiple dates, do we consider the sales of any one day or the net sales?
Hi Aindrila Samanta,

As per our conversation on call, kindly find the sample code requested by you:

#NAs to be imputed by row mean
sales_matrix = as.matrix(sales)

rowMean = apply(sales_matrix[,-1],1,mean,na.rm=T)

i=1
for(i in 1:nrow(sales_matrix))
{
if(sum(is.na(sales_matrix[i,]))>0)
sales_matrix[i, is.na(sales_matrix[i,])] = rowMean
}

colSums(is.na(sales_matrix))

#To decide the pricing for various upcoming clothes, they wish to find how
#the style, season, and material affect the sales of a dress and if the style of
#the dress is more influential than its price.

#Merging of Dress sales with Mydata for linear regression and anova
head(sales_matrix)
total_sales = rowSums(sales_matrix[,-1],na.rm =T)
sales_matrix = cbind(sales_matrix, Total.Sales = total_sales)
s = as.data.frame(sales_matrix)

I hope this sample code will help you. All the very best for the same.

Happy Learning!!

Akshit_6

What is (if any) the final date for Project Submission, I mean how long do we have after the last session to meet the criterion for Certification?

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
What is (if any) the final date for Project Submission, I mean how long do we have after the last session to meet the criterion for Certification?
Hi Akshit,

I would like to inform you that, the last session of a batch is dedicated for Project submission where you will have the trainer as well as your teaching assistant. So we recommend you to complete it in the session itself, as you can ask your queries immediately.
However, post the last session, you can have 24-48 hours to do the needful, as we want to help you in completing the criteria on time.
I am sure this will help you. All the very best for the same.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

Is today the last day? what if we are stuck at some step?
Also how do we know the correctness of our code . Will our project get evaluated
Yes Shruti as I can see the batch details.
And if you are stuck anywhere, we have the trainer with you in the session to guide you and teaching assistant to help you. Still if you are stuck post the session, you can reach us via Community for your queries, as lots of queries are already been asked and answered by either trainer of teaching assistants.

Post your project submission, we evaluate your project and if it is lacking anything we provide an update with comments which needs to be improved. This is a recommendation that, in the last session you complete any 1 Project and submit it. Post which if you want to practice more, we have provided you plenty of projects to work on and have hands on.

I am sure your concern is addressed here. All the very best dear for your project and course completion.

apeksha_prasad

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,

In Retail Project, Dress Dataset, why the str(DRESS) is reading 36 variables. There are total of 24 variables in the sheet. Can you help me in that?

Thanks,
Apeksha

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

In Retail Project, Dress Dataset, why the str(DRESS) is reading 36 variables. There are total of 24 variables in the sheet. Can you help me in that?

Thanks,
Apeksha
Hi Apeksha,

As discussed, please go ahead and share with us your code and screenshot. As it will help us to guide you more accurately.

Saumya

Hi Priyanka,

I am about to start the project for R. Could you please let me know where can i find the dataset for all these projects. I am planning to take the health care project.

Kunal Guwalani

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

I am about to start the project for R. Could you please let me know where can i find the dataset for all these projects. I am planning to take the health care project.
Hi Saumya,

Click on self learning tab scroll down under course resources you can see projects and other files. You can download the project files and datasets from course resources.

i dont understand how you want the results. please provide instruction as to how to complete the ecommerce project portion of the course. the instructions provided are unclear.. i refuse to phone support as they never have gotten back to me on other occassions.

Hi All,

You need to Submit any 1 project out of following domain -
Insurance , Healthcare, Internet, Retail, E commerce, and Education:

Project should be done using R-language

Login to LMS with your login credentials
Click on Learning Tools -> Download projects for R . You will find the project details available in this section.

Kindly follow the below steps to draft the Project Report :

1. Project Report to Created using a word document/ PDF/ PPT
2. Business Scenario
3. Expectation /Goals
4. Code
5. Output Screenshot
6. Analysis

The sample solution is provided to you for all the projects, to provide you guidance regarding the project work submission. So you have to prepare a document with your own code, output screenshots and analysis.

Once done you are required to submit the same document under all the three sections (Writeup, Screenshot and Source Code) through your LMS > Course Icon > Project > Submit.

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion.

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

Hi Team I have a doubt about the Project for Data Science with R for the topic of "Healthcare cost analysis" it is for Question 2
In order of severity of the diagnosis and treatments and to find out the
expensive treatments, the agency wants to find the diagnosis related group
that has maximum hospitalization and expenditure.
I wish to know the method of finding the solution
Kindly assist
regards
Nevin Vijayan Muliyil