Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Queries & Doubts in PMP Question

Syed Mudassir Hussain

Alumni
Hi Tim,
Please help me on the below PMP questions.
Q1.
The project management plan serves as the project baseline. During which of the following process groups should you continually compare and monitor project performance against the baseline so that the corrective actions can be taken and implemented as soon as necessary?
A. Planning
B. Monitoring and Controlling
C. Executing
D. Initiating

The Answer is (C). But i thought it was (B). Please clarify

Q2. A project sponsor asks the project manager to observe nonverbal feedback in the upcoming status meeting and adjust his presentation based on these observations. Which process is associated with these activities:
A. Plan Communication Management
B. Manage Communication
C. Monitor Communication
D. Control Communication

The Answer is (B). This question is related to changing contents of presentation and not related to updating sender list, specific format etc (which is in Manage Comm)

Q3. The primary focus of this process is on the individual team members and their performance.
A. Acquire Resources
B. Develop Team
C. Manage Team
D. Manage Resource Plan

The answer is C. But i thought it was (C). Please clarify

somachandar (1102)

Alumni
Hi Syed,

Please note we have forwarded your query to the respective SME,so that it is being addressed as soon as possible.

Regards,
Prema M

Prema.M

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi Syed,

Please find the answers below as per the SME.

Q1) Explanation: The question is asking 'During which of the following process groups should you continually compare and monitor project performance against the baseline so that the corrective actions can be taken and implemented as soon as necessary’, which means it should be done while you are doing the work, which, is in the execution process group. And, another thing we do is manage/perform quality assurance where we keep checking if we are following the processes or not and take necessary steps to realign or implement corrective measure. Also, corrective action is something which is going to the root cause of the error and eliminating that. Seven basic quality tools are also part of manage quality assurance which also falls under execution process group.

Q2) The Answer is (B). This question is related to changing contents of presentation and not related to updating sender list, specific format etc (which is in Manage Comm)

Explanation: B is correct as ‘project reporting’ is one of the tools and technique under manage communications. And this scenario looks like a project reporting..also, the output of this process is project communication.

Q3)
The answer is C. But i thought it was (C). Please clarify

Explanation: Look at the slide of manage team and its definition. This screenshot is from page number 345 of PMBOK 6th edition

I am sure this helps!

Regards,
Support Team