Question Help

Discussion in 'PMP' started by _49203, Jul 31, 2019.

1. _49203

_49203 Active Member

Hi @tim jerome

Could you please help me understand why I got this question incorrect?

In defining a project, which of the following can be identified as problems?

The project goals may not be agreeable to all the parties
    The plan was "too loose," thus allowing priorities to change
    Low turnover of project personnel
    Too much communication between the client and the project personnel
    Correct Option:A
    Explanation
    The project goals may not be agreeable to all the parties. Conflicts in the goal itself account greatly for the problems in defining the project.

I selected B - although I see why A may cause issues/conflicts, why is B not the "best" answer?

2. Arvind Shekhar

Arvind Shekhar Well-Known Member

Answer lies with identification of Process groups for each option. Here question is for "defining " a project , initiation process group.
    all other options except A are related to planning or execution process groups.

3. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Going back to the processes is a great way to solve these. You can also use logic. Example:

The key phrase defining a project, will help. Also, understanding 'problems'.

Let's assume Problem <=> issue: getting in the way of project success.

Let's also assume 'defining a project' means clarifying objective/s, gaining consensus, determining a plan, gaining *that* consensus.

A: if you can't get agreement, there is no consensus, no plan, no project.
    B: you may have a plan, but it's too loose. Still, you have a plan (you've defined the project).
    C: project personnel turn-over may be a project defining problem, but doesn't have to be.
    D: Too much communication may create other issues, but not necessarily a direct impact on defining the project. Again, you can work around this.

You can't work around no consensus if it is required.