Salesforce Admin and app Builder track - 23rd May

Discussion in 'Salesforce Certification' started by Nishant Dwivedi, May 23, 2020.

1. Nishant Dwivedi

Nishant Dwivedi Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Please post your queries here.

BR,
    Nishant

Michael Parker_1 likes this.
  2. Nishant Dwivedi

Day 1 Notes :
    1. Salesforce is a cloud computing tool.
    1. which will allow applications to run from Internet.
    1. servers - - sit on multiple locations, not on premise
    internet is necessary
    2. two perspectives for cloud computing
    1. SAAS - Software as a service
    2. PAAS - Platform as a service
    3. IAAS - Infrasturcture as a service - AWS, MS AZURE, Heroku
    2. As Salesforce is a CRM- Customer Relationship management.
    3. Create a training org for salesforce:
    https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial_training/ - for training org
    https://developer.salesforce.com/signup - for developer org
    4. for certification related scenarios please go with below link :
    https://trailhead.salesforce.com/credentials/administratoroverview/
    5. To login in Salesforce please use below URLS:
    For Developer/Training/Production - https://login.salesforce.com/
    For Sandboxes - https://test.salesforce.com/
    6. Two interfaces in salesforce
    a. Classic
    b. Lightning

Day 1 Notes Part 2 :
    I am Nishant and I work as a system admin in Telco corporation - Telecom based company
    Telco has aslked me to use one CRM tool and come up with options
    q : Do u want a on premise or cloud based solution
    Ans : Cloud based
    q : have u heard about salesforce?
    Ans : No
    Q : Please go through with www.salesforce.com and let me know if you are ok?

Telco wants me to implement the Salesforce.

As an admin you have to verify the company information. - Go

create new user - Sales user - US Sales director - Amit Panda -

Admin user as well

1. User - Employee of Telco - Admin/Sales/support/marketing/Community manager
    2. Account - Company which is your customer - Google/Accenture/Salesforce/Tata/Ford/KPMG
    3. Contact - employee of that customer company

Telco Sales application needs to be created

3. viji thangavelu

I created company information with ENGEO and primary contact as Viji Thangavelu. User as Amit panda and Telco sales app..is this right? upload_2020-5-23_12-17-0.png

4. Devendran Muthukumaramani

Hi Nishant,

I tried to enable Lightning experience for a couple of users in the Org and when I did the last step to 'Turn on Lightning Experience', I received this pop up. Is this going to be the permanent feature from Winter 2020?

Secondly, in the landing page of the Training Org, there are also notifications / pop ups to enable/switch to Lightning Experience. When a user clicks on these notifications, will the system enable Lightning Experience for that user alone or would it still take him/her to the Transition Assistant page? [I could have tried, but I didn't want to try as I don't want it to be enabled for my username yet]
    upload_2020-5-24_20-14-13.png

Attached Files:

5. Nishant Dwivedi

Day 2 Notes :
    App ---- Tab --- Object ---- Fields --- records

1. ABC corporation is my Account
    2. ABC corporation is my Customer
    3. ABC corporation is an Organization which is buying products from us

object Name in SFDC for a customer company - Account - 15000+(Just a dummy Number)

Object is nothing but a table (Collection of Rows and colomn)
    1. Standard Objects - lead, account, contact, opportunity, product, pricebook, orders,report, quote, dashboard
    2. Custom object - Any object you are going to create as per your organizational needs.

either you are having a legacy inhouse application - custom inhouse crm
    or you are having a legacy external provider information - siebel

today you bought salesforce
    tomorrow you done configurations
    day after tmrw you dumped all the data to sfdc from siebel
    next day you started utilizing salesforce

1-3 years process

https://orderdb.herokuapp.com/orders.svc

Requirement : Telco Corporation is facing a challenge to record the expenses of sales persons. So they asked Nishant to create a way to enter the expenses inside Salesforce because sales person is going to utilise salesforce for sure so it will be easy for him to store the expenses over here/.

Formula Help : https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?err=1&id=customize_functions.htm&type=5

( Amount__c > 500 ) || (DATEVALUE(Date_Time_of_Expense__c) < DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) - 5)

6. Michael Parker_1

When Creating a Check Box custom field in a Custom Object, do I have the ability to also add a text field beside that checkbox so I can add a note?

Thanks
    Michael

7. D Balaji

D Balaji New Member

How to provide lighting experience to a newly created user as salesforce admin ?

8. Nishant Dwivedi

Expense Id - Auto Number
    Type of Expense - Drop Down(Picklist)
    Subtype - Picklist
    Description - Long text
    Amount - currency with Dec
    Date of Expense - Date and time
    Mode of payment - Picklist
    Related User - Owner field
    Approval Needed? - checkbox (Formula)
    Status - Picklist
    Priority - Picklist
    Billable? - checkbox
    Account Name - Lookup

9. Nishant Dwivedi

1. Relationships
    2. Encrypted text field
    3. Validation rules

1. Relationships :

one to many relationship
    MD
    Lookup
    Schema builder to create object
    Changing field types

Scenario :

Currently user is facing issue in two situations.
    1. User has to scroll to much to find the relevant sub types
    2. Users are not entering the credit card number while selecting payment mode as credit card so expense management team has to do a lot of followups.

Formula Help :
    https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?err=1&id=customize_functions.htm&type=5

if credit card number is blank and payment mode == credit card then throw the error

AND( ISBLANK( Credit_Card_Number__c ) , ISPICKVAL( Payment_Mode__c , 'Credit Card') )

ISBLANK( Credit_Card_Number__c ) && ISPICKVAL( Payment_Mode__c , 'Credit Card')

IF(AND( ISBLANK( Credit_Card_Number__c ) , ISPICKVAL( Payment_Mode__c , 'Credit Card') ),true,false)

****Note : The case studies for lesson 2,3,4 has to be done on Developer Org not on trining or your organization's org

Michael Parker_1 likes this.
  10. Michael Parker_1

I found this link on Salesforce for anyone interested in get coupon for exam. Need to register and take a free webinar then get coupon. Sign up as classes filling fast in June. I could only get June 15. https://pub.s7.exacttarget.com/ryqkengawga

11. viji thangavelu

I am stuck with these errors while using data import wizard on the trailhead. Any thoughts?
    upload_2020-6-1_15-20-28.png - Fixed this issue.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  12. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Check the edit options for mapping. Salesforce will only do what you tell it to.

Nishant Dwivedi likes this.
  13. Daniel Tackie

Daniel Tackie Member

Thanks for sharing Mike

14. Devendran Muthukumaramani

Q1 - What is the difference under the hood in 'freezing' an user and 'deactivating' an user. How Salesforce handles these two situations under the hood.
    Q2 - What will happen to 'freezing' or 'deactivating' a user who has a Dominant Master Detail Relationship?

15. Nishant Dwivedi

Hi Viji,

This will be covered later, although for your answer I can say you have to map the required fields, So there are two fields on Contact which are required but either you won't have value in your excel or you haven't mapped them.
    If you are not able to resolve it by this comment please wait for next week this will be in discussion with proper example.

Best Regards,
    Nishant

viji thangavelu likes this.
  16. Nishant Dwivedi

Ans 1 : freezing an user means that the user went for the vacation and when he will come back and start using SFDC then you need to Unfreeze his account.
    Deactivating a user will allow you to permanently revoke all the rights of user and even you can transfer his all records to someone else, it indicates that the employee has left the job.
    Ans 2 : 'freezing' or 'deactivating' a user has no impact on Master detail relationship that's why you can't delete the user.

17. Nishant Dwivedi

Hi All,

https://help.salesforce.com/LA_ShoppingCart?id=a1y0M000000gIqR - Go for this if you want to get $100 voucher and register yourself. Attending these webinar after your "course/project/simplilearn exam" completion is beneficial. If you go before that might lead you in confusion.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nishant Dwivedi

18. Devendran Muthukumaramani

Thanks very much Nishant

19. Manivel Kannan

Case Study :2
    • Scenario :United Containers is looking for a way to track potential employees in Salesforce. The contact standard object isn’t set up properly for this use case. United Containers is struggling to keep resumes and other applicant information organized.
    • Solution : New Custom object needs to created to maintain the candidate details
    1. Setup-->Object Manager -->Create-->Custom Object
    2. Enter the details in to required mandate fields i.e Label, Plural Label, Object Name, Record Name .
    3. Select Launch New Custom Tab Wizard and save.
    4. Select Tab style and click next
    5. Add to Profiles:Provide visibility permission to required profile by enabling Apply a different tab visibility for each profile and select "Default On " or select next to provide visibility permission to all profile by default.
    6. Add to Custom Apps: Select include Tab option for the desired app to ass this custom object. (by default it will be added to all the app) and save. Custom Object.png

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  20. Manivel Kannan

Case Study 3:
    Scenario: United Containers is facing issues while calculating commissions for opportunities. Currently the Sales Managers are required to export all sales to a spreadsheet and then use Excel to perform formula calculations. Once this is completed, the Managers send it to the accounting team for payment. This entire process is prone to errors.
    Solution: New custom field (Data type : formula )needs to be created to calculate to commission for the opportunity records.
    1. Setup-->Object Manager--> Opportunity(standard object)-->Filed & Relationship -->New
    2. Choose the filed type by selecting Formula data type -click Next.
    3. Enter the Filed label and name and choose output type as Percent and select the decimal value (as per requirement)
    4. Enter the formula Insert Filed : opportunity-->Amount and Insert Operator: Multiply and enter the commission percentage value i.e 0.10 (10%, where as 10% of the amount will be calculated as commission )
    5. Go to opportunity tab and open any existing opportunity or create new opportunity to check the commission.(refer the created custom filed in opportunity record) Fomula field.png

21. Manivel Kannan

Case Study 4:
    Scenario:United Containers is having a tough time enforcing sales record integrity when opportunities are closed. The correct start dates and amounts are not being populated even after the sale is closed. Sales operations team is forced to ask the individual salespeople for this information. This requires additional hours and effort on the part of the sales department. United Containers needs a way to require certain fields on opportunities based on opportunity stage.
    Solution: New Validation Rules need to be created to restrict the user to save the closed /won (stage) opportunity's record in order to enter the amount.
    1. Setup-->Object Manager--> Opportunity(standard object)-->Validation Rules-->New
    2. Enter the details on mandate fields i.e Rule Name and make sure that active selected.
    3. Enter the error Condition Formula AND( ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Won") , ISBLANK( Amount ))
    4. Enter the error Message to warn the user Please populate the amount in amount filed in order to close the opportunity
    5. Save. Validation Rule.png

22. Daniel Tackie

Daniel Tackie Member

Quick question to anyone who knows this, I am a little confused here..., which of the following overrides which?
    1. OWD or
    2. CRUD Permissions given in a profile

My head is spinning, somebody help. Thanks Guys

23. Nishant Dwivedi

Assignments should be posted in community
    - Screenshot and steps
    Notes Day 4:
    OWD -
    Record Level Security -
    Scenario : Telco has implemented the Expense module with the help of Admin team. After the implementation Users are reporting that their data is visible to all the users while Expenses are personal information and should not be visible to someone who has nothing to do with it.
    Solution Design :
    1. Is their any relationship existing on expense? - yes
    - Related Organization - Lookup X
    - Related User - MD relationship
    - User - lookup X
    In MD relationship the access of child record always get controlled by master record.
    2. How to control the Record access on any object? - OWD (Organization wide Default)
    Permissions:
    CRUD - Create/Read/Update/Delete
    CRED - Create/Read/Edit/Delete

Access:
    Public - R or R/W (for all the records of that object)
    Private - you are able to see and modify only your record
    Controlled By Parent - In MD relationship the access of child record always get controlled by master record.

Development :
    1. Navigate to OWD - Setup --> Security --> click on Sharing Setting --> OWD.
    2. By clicking on Edit button and selecting private on Parent Object which is Related User in this case.

Schenario 2 : I am not able to see my subordinates records for approval. Solved via Roles

Scenario 3: I am a finance representative person for whole sales team but I am not able to see the Expense Records for all Sales Users.
    Audit - Phil Smith - Visibility/Read access /R-W is not required

Solution approach :
    Go to sharing rules in sharing setting below OWD.
    Note : Sharing rules will only provide extra access to a user or group of users.
    I can't restrict the access.

Field Accessibility : To See and control the access of fields on the basis of profile.
    Editable - In FLS(Field Level Security) Visible without RO checkbox checked.
    Required - In FLS(Field Level Security) Visible without RO checkbox checked but On field Required checkbox is checked
    Read-Only - In FLS(Field Level Security) Visible with RO checkbox checked.
    Password Policies : We are going to talk about Org level Password Policies.
    Scenario 4 : Telco is facing a situation where sales users are able to access the Sales Data outside the work premises and it will increase the chance of Data leakage to the outer world majorly to Competitors.
    Solution: you ahve to Go to your ITS department and ask for the IP ranges utilized by the compny for different locations
    Telco operates from India and US
    You need to have both offices IP range
    0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255 - IPV4
    Object Level Security
    Network level Security

24. Nishant Dwivedi

OWD are primary permissions on Salesforce for Record level Security while Profiles are for Object level security, So no one overrides another in this aspect. Yes there are some levels where they collaborate to give you better user exp but don't get confused on collaboration with Overriding.

25. viji thangavelu

Lesson 3:
    In order to ensure this: Formulas can be User-specific or utilize any other criteria for calculations.
    Formulas cannot be edited by users once calculated.
    I did this: lesson 3 - field level security to certain users.PNG
    Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  26. Daniel Tackie

Daniel Tackie Member

Thanks Nishant

27. Shirisha Tumula

Case Study 2) Created a new custom object called 'Candidates' under 'Human resources' application which is visible to users in 'Human Resources' application.
    upload_2020-6-9_19-28-7.png

28. Shirisha Tumula

Case Study 3) Formula Field 'Commissions' based on the 'Type' and 'Amount'
    upload_2020-6-9_23-34-12.png

29. Shirisha Tumula

Case Study 4) Using validation rules, dynamically making on 'Type' and 'Amount' fields mandatory when opportunity stage pickvalue is "Closed Won".
    Amount validation:
    upload_2020-6-9_23-45-15.png

Type Validation:
    upload_2020-6-9_23-46-8.png

Testing this validation:
    upload_2020-6-9_23-46-52.png

30. T V Seetharam

T V Seetharam Member

Hi Nishant,

one quick question.

I don't see the field "Starting Number" while creating the "Expense" object.

Can you please let me know what could be the reason?

Thanks,
    Seetharam

Attached Files:

31. viji thangavelu

Lesson 2: How to do this: Custom objects can be used along with Force.com licenses.
    b. Custom objects are Chatter-compatible and Salesforce1 capable
    Solution: edit custom object/ check Allow in chatter groups
    c. Made the new custom object visible to users in human resources
    Solution: search status/ Allow search
    is my solution right?

Lesson 4:
    1. The Amount, Contract Start Date, and Type fields can be made required when an Opportunity is
    Closed Won.Opp_won: ISBLANK( Contract.StartDate ) && ISPICKVAL( Type , 'Type')
    The other 2 fields dont work right with the above formula.
    2. Two error messages were created to inform users of their data entry error - I am not sure of this as well.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  32. Vivek Sharma_26

Hi All - How to manually merge 2 Accounts in Salesforce. Does anybody has any idea ? I tried the normal way but it kept giving me an error message -

You cannot delete Account "xx" as the Merge Accounts preparation and validation has not been executed.

33. Huei Jeng

Huei Jeng Member

Attaching my assignment -- case studies #2 to #6

Attached Files:

34. Paresh Soni

Paresh Soni Member

Hi Nishant, can you please please have a dedicated class on the formula and validation rules? I am struggling with it.

thanks
    Paresh

Robert S Darcangelo likes this.
  35. viji thangavelu

I set Opportunity field to "Private" under Org wide default and I got these below warnings:is this right?

upload_2020-6-12_10-53-23.png

36. Paresh Soni

Paresh Soni Member

lesson 5 submission

Attached Files:

37. viji thangavelu

Case study assignment from lesson 2 through 6

Attached Files:

38. Shirisha Tumula

Attached Case study 5 & 6.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

39. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Case Study 2

Attached Files:

40. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Case Study 3

Attached Files:

41. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Case Study 4 Case Study.png Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.32.01 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 10.35.37 AM.png

42. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Case Study 5

Attached Files:

43. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Case Study 6

Attached Files:

44. Kenny Wiegman

Kenny Wiegman Member

Case Study 7

Attached Files:

Nishant Dwivedi likes this.
  45. Manpreet_24

Manpreet_24 Member

Case Study 2
    upload_2020-6-13_0-32-39.png

Case study 3

upload_2020-6-13_1-44-33.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  46. Manivel Kannan

Case Study-5:
    Scenario:
    United Containers has employees working from home, on the road, as well as from different office locations. Currently, employees are logging in through unsecured connections at coffee shops and book stores, when the company strictly prohibits this action. United Containers needs to find a way to restrict access to Salesforce while still allowing some employees to login from home.

Solution: OWD-Security Control has to be implemented in order to restrict users log in from outside office premises and comply company security policies.
    1. Password Policies - To set up complex and secured Password.
    2. Network Access- To Set up trusted IP range to restrict user login from outside office premises.
    3. Session Setting- To schedule inactive session timeout timer and to lock the the user's session with originated IP address or domain so that when IP or domain change in user's machine session will timeout /exit and enforce user to log in again.
    Configuration Steps:
    1. Go Setup--> Setting-->Security-->Password Policies
    2. Go Setup--> Setting-->Security-->Network Access-
    3. Go Setup--> Setting-->Security-->Session Setting-
    Screen Shots:
    1.Password Policies.jpg 2.Network Access.jpg 3.Session Setting.jpg

47. Nishant Dwivedi

It won't come as when you are creating object by default it start from1

48. Nishant Dwivedi

Yes

viji thangavelu likes this.
  49. Manivel Kannan

Case Study-6:
    Scenario: United Containers needs a way to restrict access to certain fields on contact and lead records.Currently, there is sensitive information such as social security numbers and bank account information which the company does not want sales people to see. The company needs to selectively control which field data can be viewed, which can be hidden, and which can be viewed but not edited.

Solution: New Custom profile needs to be created with restricted access to sensitive information by customizing object,field and page layout/record types permission.
    1. Change OWD access for Lead as Private.
    2. Clone existing standard /custom profile and name it as " Sales User"
    3. Object Setting- Provide CRED permission only to the required object by sales team and enable default on in Tab Setting.
    4. Record Types and Page Layouts Assignments-Assign the customized Sales team page layout and record types.
    5. Filed Permission- Provide Read/write access to the non sensitive information fields only which required by sales team and rest needs to be removed(Read/write)
    6. Login Hours- Schedule start and end time and working days for user to log in order to restrict unauthorized access.
    Configuration Steps:
    1. Go to Setup-->Security--> Sharing setting -->OWD-->> Lead --> Private
    2. Go to Setup-->Users-Profile-->New Profile--> Select existing standard/Custom profile to clone --> create Sales Team Profile.
    3. Profile--> Sales Team--> Object Setting--->Select Contact Object- Customize Tab,object Permission,field permission ,page layout
    4. Profile--> Sales Team--> Object Setting--->Select Lead Object- Customize Tab,object Permission,field permission ,page layout
    5. click drop down button--> Login Hours- Set up --> schedule user login hours for Sales team profile.
    Screen Shots:
    1.Profile.jpg 2.Object Permision.jpg 3.Field Permision.png 4.Login Hours.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  50. Nishant Dwivedi

Notes 13th June :
    Permission set
    There are 5 telco Sales users
    but Org wants that one user apart from those five will have extra access on Service application so that he will guide the service managers regarding the deal happened in past
    Marketing --- Sales --- Service
    Email Template:
    Telco wants an automated email structure which is going to pick the expense data dynamically as well as the user information so that the right information will be conveyed to the users without any manual interference as well as it should follow the organizational best practices to send the email.
    Workflow:
    Business wants to implement below scenarios:
    1. When a status change is happening one Email should be triggered to the Owner of Expense. - immediate as well as on editing the record
    2. If Amount is greater than 1000$ and Type is Hotel and Stay then Priority should be high.
    3. When a billable checkbox checked ensure one followup task will be created for the user.
    After creation of Workflow always click on Done button and Activate the workflow.
    If any lookup is having filter then you can't use that lookup in Workflow.
    What is Workflow?
    Workflow automates the following types of actions based on your organization's processes:
    Tasks—Assign a new task to a user, role, or record owner.
    Email Alerts—Send an email to one or more recipients you specify.
    Field Updates—Update the value of a field on a record.
    Outbound Messages—Send a secure, configurable API message (in XML format) to a designated listener.
    For example, workflow can:
    Assign follow-up tasks to a support rep one week after a case is updated.
    Send sales management an email alert when a sales rep qualifies a large deal.
    Change the Owner field on a contract three days before it expires.
    Trigger an outbound API message to an external HR system to initiate the reimbursement process for an approved expense report.
    Each workflow rule consists of:
    Criteria that cause the workflow rule to run.
    Immediate actions that execute when a record matches the criteria. For example, Salesforce can automatically send an email that notifies the account team when a new high-value opportunity is created.
    Time-dependent actions that queue when a record matches the criteria, and execute according to time triggers. For example, Salesforce can automatically send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value opportunity is still open ten days before the close date.
    Creation
    Editing