SFDC Admin Batch 17th Nov

Discussion in 'Salesforce Certification' started by Nishant Dwivedi, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Nishant Dwivedi

Nishant Dwivedi Active Member

Post your technical queries here

_47077 likes this.
  2. Hindol Datta

Hindol Datta Member

it works thank you - Hindol

3. _40903

_40903 Member

Hello Nishant or any class member,
    I need help on Case Study... Can someone explain me what and how to start working on Case study. As we are not ready to create a new app in Salesforce right?
    I wrote a summary - like this- is this right?
    • Case study-1-
    • United Containers manufactures - do ship the containers and also Sell them
    • They want to CRM system to support their business - which is to Sell and ship the containers
    • They want system to send auto email as soon as they get order for container as well as they get sell order
    • They want two types of sales - retail and wholesale (I do not know do they want retail and wholesale value/prices)
    • Also they want company users can track all information on their mobile as well as when they traveling to visit customers (mean track on their mobile)
    • They can use for this at lease enterprise edition for this

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. Hindol Datta

Hindol Datta Member

It looks like there is a solution that is offered on the automated syllabus. I went through that to get an idea. It showed how to create an email template and some very basic stuff. I believe that perhaps the best way is to create a new developer sandbox and have it done from there. The steps would be I think as follows although I trust that Nishant or the class folks may have a more efficient method. Since I do not have a technical background per se, I am approaching it unfortunately from a business standpoint. So here goes the steps that I would take

1. Create a New Sandbox
    2. Create a New Company - United Containers on the Company Profile Page
    3. Just for giggles, put in logo and Fiscal Year for financial purposes. I would put Fiscal as same as Calendar Year.
    4. I think Sales is already a default application. I would add Products in there as well as Communication App.
    5. Then I would check whether the fields are comprehensive. I think tomorrow Nishant might show how to create fields under objects in an app.

Just my thoughts since I am largely coming from a user standpoint and how I would like to see it. Folks on the technical side have probably much more depth to offer.

_47077 likes this.
  5. _47077

_47077 Member

Hi guys, this is what I came up with.
    I've done quite the same steps as Hindol. I've created a new developer Sandbox - named it United Containers, set Fiscal Year. I did not create a new app, but instead followed the case study and did:
    1) created Email templates with merge fields for a Job application
    2) created workflow rules to send Email notifications - to send an Email to the HR Manager once a new applicant record is in the system
    3) I've created 2 record types on Opportunities one named Retail Segment and one named Wholesale Segment.
    4 and 5 I did as I used a sandbox for this.

So far have a nice week guys, 2,3 and 4 are still to come.

Best, Antje

6. _8748

_8748 Member

Hi..

I would rather suggest you NOT to look at this case study for the moment as we have not covered those topics yet and creating something vaguely might not be of help.. We can complete this task when Nishant completes that chapter of how to create email templates and workflow rules.. I have created workflow rules in Bitrix24 system which is a CRM product and similar to Salesforce.. So i have an idea how workflow works but i am not game in trying to attempt this activity in salesforce as i wanted to understand these features first and then attempt it.. my two cents though..

7. _8748

_8748 Member

Hi All

I created couple of custom objects and fields within that which Nishant explained us the other day.. Please go through them and in case of any queries or suggestions please do reply back..

Regds
    Mano

Attached Files:

8. _8748

_8748 Member

Hi All

I have raised the ticket on the course material which is not in tune with what Nishant is explaining to us. Ticket number is 00298820 . Let us wait for their reply.

Regds
    Mano

_47077 likes this.
  9. _47077

_47077 Member

Thanks Mano! Thats a brilliant idea, I had forgotten, that Nishant was recommending this already. I just watched the videos that go with the syllabus material, they show a bit of what needs to be done for the case studies.. you find them if you check the topic of the classes... and to be honest, to work with the salesforce will be an integral part of learning, so i just did try and error sessions, not everything might be 100% correct, but for sure, I've learned a lot. Happy to see u guys next weekend.

10. _40903

_40903 Member

Thank you all for your input. I will also wait for ticket to resolve .

11. _40903

_40903 Member

But also will try solution which Hindol and Antje.

12. _40903

_40903 Member

Not able to upload the company logo for my college app... help please
    upload_2018-11-23_18-8-40.png upload_2018-11-23_18-8-40.png

13. Nishant Dwivedi

Nishant Dwivedi Active Member

Go to Document folder -- > create new document and --> upload new logo over there then you can access iy

14. _40903

_40903 Member

Hello Nishant,
    I am Hema. I was watching Nov 18 class recording... and following - Roll-up Summary custom field... but Roll-up summary radio button is disable - I tried refresh few times... Can you pl help me?

upload_2018-11-25_15-56-24.png

15. _40903

_40903 Member

hello Nishant - I found out the answer of this question which I asked above. I was in wrong object - after I went to Subject object that radio button was enable.

16. _40903

_40903 Member

Hello Nishant or all,
    about a question on our final project 2-
    In following scenario, as a functional analysis - I need to know what kind of issue types/Problem business wants for this project?
    Scenario
    A UK-based Mobile company needs an application which can help boost the service provided for millions of customers. Salesforce application can ensure effective service and a robust process.
    The company wants to track customers who face problems with their mobile phones as well as the types of issues. Based on these findings, the company wants to speed up the process to give the customers a quick solution.

17. _47077

_47077 Member

Good morning, was it 5 case studies this week? and the case study for Lesson 9 will follow next week?
    I believe we didn't finish lesson 9 did we?

Best, Antje

18. _8748

_8748 Member

Hello All..

I did some of the case studies and attached them in zip folder by taking screenshots of what i have done and saved in .doc files.. since these files are not supported to send as attachment, i have zipped them.. You can check for your reference if anyone wants to.. Lets catch up in today's class...

Regds
    Mano

Attached Files:

_47077 likes this.
  19. _8748

_8748 Member

Hi All..

Need Help.. Has anyone of you completed the 1st admin project(out of 4) ?? I am stuck in the middle as when i am going through the solution there seems to be a gap between 5th and 6th point or i am not able to understand the flow correctly.. If anyone of you have already completed it, then request you to please explain me how you approached it.

Thanks for your time on this.

Regds
    Mano

20. _47077

_47077 Member

Hi Nishant and hi guys,

COULD RESOLVE THIS ALREADY...

sry Mano i am not as far as you, so I did not start with the projects.

As said in the class today Nishant, I struggle with the record types and restrictions of views..
    I created new record types and would like to add them to my Salespeople Profile, but they do not come up in the dropdown menu.
    Additional I do have the problem if I wanna delete Record Types, then Salesforce says they are default for all profiles. Did I do a mistake while creating them?

Thanks.. here is the view problem.. So I can not get further here..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  21. _47077

_47077 Member

Please find attached my first 4 case studies..

Attached Files:

• 1+2.zip
      File size:
      714.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3+4.zip
      File size:
      561.7 KB
      Views:
  22. _47077

_47077 Member

here we go.. i would hope to get some comments on them..

Attached Files:

23. _47077

_47077 Member

Hi guys, Casestudy 7 and 8 - at the Email Alert for Casestudy 8 I could not find out how to address this Email to the Customers Email Address, Idea anyone?

Best, Antje

Attached Files:

24. _44339

_44339 Member

Hi Antje

Thanks for uploading your case studies. It was very helpful as I could check my work against yours after I completed each topic.

Also, just like you mentioned, even I couldn't find the email address to send the thank you workflow. I went ahead and created an account, a related contact and an opportunity but still couldn't find the email option.

Nishant- hope you will address this in next class.

Regards
    Bhavana

25. _44339

_44339 Member

Hi Friends- I would like to know if we need any other training orgs apart from the current one we are using - ap4.salesforce.com? If yes,could you pls pass on the link. What would be the purpose of this other org if required?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Bhavana